crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I have no words right now. Looking at that bench I have no idea what their thinking is. I’m assuming ROB is travelling as a back up. Should be Sauce. Maybe Hartigan plays Sanfl with Murphy. Otten the other emergency travelling. So bench of Greenwood, Knight, Gibbs and Keath.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have no words right now. Looking at that bench I have no idea what their thinking is. I’m assuming ROB is travelling as a back up. Should be Sauce. Maybe Hartigan plays Sanfl with Murphy. Otten the other emergency travelling. So bench of Greenwood, Knight, Gibbs and Keath.
The only reason I can see us playing Jacobs is to shop him around. Other than that why play him?

"Gifting games" is such a meaningless, short sighted statement.

It's called developed and forward planning.

He uses the term gifting games, then declares it a dead rubber- i.e. the game doesnt matter. Who gives something that they consider worthless?

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why the flip are we playing Douglas ahead of Gallucci in the last round at bloody Ballarat then?!

This club talks in riddles it doesn’t understand itself.
Afc good clubman clause. It's in all contracts. If over 32 and cooked good clubman clause ensures said player must be played in their final game at the expense of a young kid. Clubman clause overrides all. Trigg inserted it into the by laws.

Last edited:
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
It's remarkable, isnt it?

To place your defence on 'developing' having actively refused to develop your playing list during the year.
The oldest team in the league is developing nicely

Patience

crowsup

Premium Platinum
Nov 24, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have read the last 4-5 pages, and it looks to me that 7-8 of you guys have been having a real wank-fest!
I wonder how long it will go for!

40porpoise

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m generally level headed but if we head into the last round playing Sauce and Douglas, I’ll lose my s**t. It’s just dumb beyond words

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Does "one eye on the future" mean giving single games to Stengle, Davis, Poholke and Wilson before dropping them?

Does it mean dropping Gallucci after getting a concussion not be seen again?

Does it mean waiting until round 20 to play Darcy Fogarty?

Does it mean keeping Jones in the twos while we play David Mackay?

Does it mean giving Richard Douglas a JLT game over McHenry who then doesn't play AFL at all for the season?

Does it mean playing Andy Otten over Jordon Butts who is tearing up the SANFL?

Does it mean playing Richard Douglas for weeks after he is told he will be delisted?

Does it mean selecting Sam Jacobs for no other reason than getting him to 200 games?
I think he has one eye closed.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up with selections this week. The club has been backing these guys in all year as they think they are a better chance to help us win compared to our younger guys. It should be no surprise that they have backed them in again when we are still a chance to make the 8. Our selections have been awful all year. I didn't think for 1 minute that they would be any different this week, why they should change for our last game of the year.

The big surprise for me is to see Keath and Greenwood come into the squad, thought these 2 had basically cleaned out their lockers already. Can only guess that they will drop out the squad tomorrow.

dude316

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2009
The Armada Room
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
That's right folks, we've got one eye on the future, which is why we're picking guys who have already announced that they are retiring. fu** this club. Burn it the fu** down already.

When Douglas is our midfield coach and Otten our defense coach in 2021 what they learn playing this round could prove to be very valuable.

Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
Uninspiring selections Hartigan may be dropped, Murphy may be dropped, Rob will be, but giving Douglas and Otto a farewell game in a game we must win and win big is everything wrong with this club at the moment.
Ringing member services today.

Back