Preview Changes: R23 vs Western Bulldogs

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
That's the problem. This ******* first-class spud of the highest order being able to carve an AFL career for himself by virtue of the fact that we don't have other options. Well, I don't give a s**t. fu** off Hartigan, I'd rather play a midget with better skills and a more developed football brain than a spud like you. Seriously, just fu** off.
Don't be so subtle :rolleyes: ; say what you mean. :)

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't be so subtle :rolleyes: ; say what you mean. :)

Well, seriously and honestly, we won't make the finals. Do you honestly think it would have made any difference to our season if we played Tyrion Lannister instead of Hartigan as our KPD in 2019?

Do you honestly think Hartigan would have been the difference between making finals and not, compared to Tyrion Lannister?

I seriously think Tyrion would have kicked the ball lace-out to an opposition defender less times than Hartigan, even if he is just a fictional character.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, seriously and honestly, we won't make the finals. Do you honestly think it would have made any difference to our season if we played Tyrion Lannister instead of Hartigan as our KPD in 2019?

Do you honestly think Hartigan would have been the difference between making finals and not, compared to Tyrion Lannister?

I seriously think Tyrion would have kicked the ball lace-out to an opposition defender less times than Hartigan, even if he is just a fictional character.

He'd talk his way out of a turnover.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide

*whoosh*
My comment was totally, 100%, a joke. The smiley at the end was the tip-off.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS BUT ...

CAN HARTIGAN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JUST fu** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SEASON IS SHOT AND WE WON'T MAKE THE FINALS! HARTIGAN PLEASE JUST fu** OFF!!!!!!!! fu** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!! fu** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having trouble understanding this message.

Apr 20, 2004
Regional VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Dougy is retiring
Quoted as playing his last game also. So we can rule him in for sure. The most interesting aspect of the last 2 games is how we managed to nullify WC to some extent by using 'keepings-off' tactics, then tried the same against Collingwood, who have a completely different game style to WC...i.e. fast movement, speedy midfield, and a real run and carry game, and it failed miserably. This to me, is why Pyke and his cronies need to move on. There's no acknowledgement of the different styles each side has, nor any attempt to compensate for it in terms of selection. One wonders what sort of side we'll select against the Dogs - another speedy, run and gun style opponent!

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is a time and place for playing possession football. That time is when the opposition has momentum, having kicked 3-4 goals in quick succession. By retaining possession, you take away their momentum, denying them the ability to continue scoring quickly. Once you've regained control, you should then return to a more proactive gameplan, one which actually has a chance of scoring.

The problem is that our players have gone completely into their shells. They start with the ultra-defensive chip-chip-chip-turnover possession gameplan from the first bounce, and no longer appear to have any capacity for playing a more aggressive run-and-gun style which actually creates scoring opportunities.

Being totally bereft of hope and confidence, their work rates have dropped away dramatically, resulting in a collapse of the defensive systems which previously kept us in the game (despite our offensive failings).

Why the players have been instructed to play this abominable chip-chip-chip-turnover gameplan is something which Pyke needs to answer.

I think Pyke's first goal was to eliminate our woeful turnover tally, and he achieved that after a season or so. But now it does seem our game plan has morphed into a sort of keepings off style where no one wants to make a blue and of course this extends now into not being able to score enough. And I might add that also now our convoluted no-go style has just opened us up to turnovers once more.. Catch 22.

Back