Preview Changes: R23 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think its pretty clear that this is also going to be a farewell game for Hugh Greenwood. Fingers crossed he's gonna come in and play his best game of the season.

Would love to see him pull a "Charlie Cameron 2017 PF game" to finish it off. Before that game people thought we would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick in return for CC, (and many were offering to drive him to the airport).

After that game... Pick 12 or nothing!

I think its pretty clear that this is also going to be a farewell game for Hugh Greenwood. Fingers crossed he's gonna come in and play his best game of the season.

Would love to see him pull a "Charlie Cameron 2017 PF game" to finish it off. Before that game people thought we would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick in return for CC, (and many were offering to drive him to the airport).

After that game... Pick 12 or nothing!

In fairness though, performing well in the 2nd biggest game of the season gives you plenty of credits in the bank than any other meaningless game during the year bar the grand final.

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why the flip are we playing Douglas ahead of Gallucci in the last round at bloody Ballarat then?!

This club talks in riddles it doesn’t understand itself.

Burton in his present position is one of life's real disasters. What's the first thing you do when the team has failed and almost imploded? Simple. Why you just distance yourself and say your real focus is 3-4 years in the future. Then what's happening now cannot be parked on your desk.

There are many rumblings now about the personnel running the club. Roo, with his tv job, is having the finger pointed at him in increasing numbers.

I was heartened by a letter to the editor in the Advertiser Wednesday where a lady supporter was critical of the club and wants a major review. She understood the previous review was conducted by the head of the football department, and who, in her opinion should be the first to go.

IF ONLY IT WOULD HAPPEN

Burton in his present position is one of life's real disasters. What's the first thing you do when the team has failed and almost imploded? Simple. Why you just distance yourself and say your real focus is 3-4 years in the future. Then what's happening now cannot be parked on your desk.

Anyone that works for someone else should really employ this strategy when it comes to their job performance evaluation, brilliant strategy.

Dont worry about the damage Im doing now to the company/government today, in 3-4 years is when it will all bear fruit. :drunk: :drunk:

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Gifting games" is such a meaningless, short sighted statement.

It's called developed and forward planning.

And the underlying assumption behind that phrase is that SANFL performances (good or bad) are a short-term, medium-term, or long-term indicator of AFL performances (they’re none of the three).

If they were, selection would be a formula done on a spreadsheet, that nobody could get wrong.

There would be no need for a selection panel.

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
The only changes vs the Dogs I want to see is
1. Players actually looking like they're interested in winning a game and.......
2. Coaching and strategies that don't involve that idiotic game plan that we saw last week.
If they lose by taking the game on and actually giving a s**t then so be it but if it's just a repeat of last week then I'll lose my s**t.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
The only changes vs the Dogs I want to see is
1. Players actually looking like they're interested in winning a game and.......
2. Coaching and strategies that don't involve that idiotic game plan that we saw last week.
If they lose by taking the game on and actually giving a s**t then so be it but if it's just a repeat of last week then I'll lose my s**t.
Given that nobody has been dropped after last week's debacle, and the coaching staff remain wedded to the chip-chip-chip-turnover game plan (despite all evidence of its failure), I would be shocked to see anything different this week.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Given that nobody has been dropped after last week's debacle, and the coaching staff remain wedded to the chip-chip-chip-turnover game plan (despite all evidence of its failure), I would be shocked to see anything different this week.

Pyke and others refer to the chipping game as “maintaining ball security” coming out of defence

Which is fine. However clearly our skills are not up to picking apart a zone a la Hawthorn. And we seem to persist with it because
(a) we don’t have the speed and running power to cut through a zone. Smith tries, Milera tries, DMac tries then kicks to the opposition
(b) we don’t have the marking power to kick it long over the zone. The best we can do is kick long to the boundary for a thrown in, where we get cut up from the contest, or long into the 50 where Murphy is waiting to jump up to his opponent’s knee cap. Which is partly why we’re playing two rucks atm - the year is over but someone has realized we have no overhead marking power up front, and at least Sauce and ROB provide that. And now Fog, not before time

I’m looking forward to this clean out

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
No Jenkins in the SANFL side. Hes out with an Ankle. Yeh right. Hes checked out. Assuming two to come out of the AFL squad to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy out.... for Knight 🤪

Keath and Greenwood in who might not even be there next year? :think:

Douglas and Jacobs in the side? 😱

What the hell, is this some sort of 'save your Crows career' round? There is no logic to these selections at all

Does our selection of Keath and Greenwood mean we've changed our minds and want to keep them?

Or are they still leaving but we just have completely nonsensical selections where we pick blokes who won't feature in our 2020 side?

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
You know in all talk about teams and win or Lose and how crap we have been this year,
I reckon we have forgotten the Crows will have a strong supporter base on Sun, its basically the Crouch Brothers home ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back