Preview Changes: R3 2019 v Geelong

Will we select Sam Jacobs, and win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Generally you post who the ruckman is ;)

It'll probably be Grundy in what would be a massive utensil tease.
My post wasn't a troll they only dropped the name Brodie Grundy after the commercials.
Would be a massive in of course but I won't hold my breath.

Tell me who, apart from Fog, can play the Doedee role? Because Jake Kelly sure as hell can't. We don't need another lock down defender, we need an interceptor.
We don't really have one, but Fog isn't the answer.

My post wasn't a troll they only dropped the name Brodie Grundy after the commercials.
Would be a massive in of course but I won't hold my breath.

I know it wasn't a troll at all. I just figured I'd throw that in there as some gentle teasing

There is no harm in asking with a dump truck full of cash for Brodie. Why he'd leave Collingwood is beyond me, but I'd rather chase and fail then assume he's out of our league. Who knows, Collingwood may have a really tight cap.

I know it wasn't a troll at all. I just figured I'd throw that in there as some gentle teasing

There is no harm in asking with a dump truck full of cash for Brodie. Why he'd leave Collingwood is beyond me, but I'd rather chase and fail then assume he's out of our league. Who knows, Collingwood may be in cap hell.
We will chase and IMO, offer him the biggest deal in club history. That's what it'll take for him to even consider replying to our call.

His brother will be delisted by then so we don't need to worry about them.

Doesn't even look close really.

Ned McHenry does though.

Foot injuries are a terrible thing really. That said, fingers crossed he's all good to go in a fortnight.

McHenry is someone I'd also consider selecting sooner, rather then later. Especially if Murphy doesn't offer big numbers defensively.

We will chase and IMO, offer him the biggest deal in club history. That's what it'll take for him to even consider replying to our call.

His brother will be delisted by then so we don't need to worry about them.

No doubt we will be blowing that out of the water. We might even offer a contract close to what Franklin got for him.

I'd say their ruck situation would be why we don't need to worry about them. They already have a million + per year tied up in rucks.

Foot injuries are a terrible thing really. That said, fingers crossed he's all good to go in a fortnight.

McHenry is someone I'd also consider selecting sooner, rather then later. Especially if Murphy doesn't offer big numbers defensively.
Me too, he's a very impressive young guy with a shocking haircut.

There is no harm in asking with a dump truck full of cash for Brodie. Why he'd leave Collingwood is beyond me, but I'd rather chase and fail then assume he's out of our league. Who knows, Collingwood may have a really tight cap.
In any case I'm glad the club is at least perusing this option. (We can dream I guess). I'm surprised though that it has leaked out however given the recent policy of keeping their cards close to their chest. It will take care of itself in time I suppose, in the meantime all the best ROB, let's hope he tears it up tomorrow night.

Do you seriously not pay attention to how we treat highly rated prospects?

News flash - under Pyke, they tend to have gold passes.

Milera, McGovern are two prime examples here, if we've opened up a spot for them, they have to spud it up for long enough that our hand was forced (we carried Milera even though he was struggling for 2 months in 2017, we didn't even give a s**t if McGovern got the ball in 2016 to retain him). Jones could survive another month of games at Sydneys output without any danger at all.

People see how we treated middling prospects like Grigg and Lyons 4-5 years back and apply that brush to everyone.
What do Grigg and Lyons have to do with anything? Milera was being played in the wrong spot as they were trying to force him to be a forward. I get it, you are happy for experienced players to spud it up for a season or two before they are dropped as "they have the runs" on the board bullshit line the club trots out. Couldn't disagree more with any your thoughts.

In any case I'm glad the club is at least perusing this option. (We can dream I guess). I'm surprised though that it has leaked out however given the recent policy of keeping their cards close to their chest. It will take care of itself in time I suppose, in the meantime all the best ROB, let's hope he tears it up tomorrow night.

Most likely, it's either leaked for two reasons. One Brodies management are trying to pressure Collingwood into giving him more cash (most likely), two he's seriously considering it.

What do Grigg and Lyons have to do with anything? Milera was being played in the wrong spot as they were trying to force him to be a forward. I get it, you are happy for experienced players to spud it up for a season or two before they are dropped as "they have the runs" on the board bullshit line the club trots out. Couldn't disagree more with any your thoughts.
Milera was drafted as a forward so we tried playing him as a forward in his first year, how dare we!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because those two are the classic reference "oh we drop our youngsters at the first opportunity" bullshit that is sprouted.

Wow. You mean we decided to pump (~20) games into Milera as a forward (remember, we drafted him as a forward in his U/18 year) despite him spudding it up for close to the vast majority there. What a brilliant example of how if we rate a prospect highly, that you know, we give them a gold card if they're not in a bad list situation? I'd probably walk away if that's your argument because you've already come full circle and agreed with me :)

The rest is irrelevant dribble.

Milera wasn't drafted to be a forward.

Most likely not as long term we'd have moved him to the backline. He did however play forward with centrals so it was a logical position for us to pump games into him.

Jacobs will hate to miss as it gives us another rare chance to expose the fact that we are better without him
He's at least picked a difficult game to miss

Distancing yourself from losses is a great result.

Mind you... if we pull off a win, Sam Who?

That's one where it doesn't take anyone with any info to know we'd be after him.

Tell me who, apart from Fog, can play the Doedee role? Because Jake Kelly sure as hell can't. We don't need another lock down defender, we need an interceptor.
I'm in no way suggesting Kelly is anywhere near the class of Doedee as an interceptor but only Alex Keath has racked up more intercepts in 2019 and Keath looks the ideal player to play Doedee's role now Hartigan is back. Kelly plays Luke Brown's role until Browny is ready surely?

Last edited:
To be fair it may not have

Many posters have mentioned very similar here

C9 could have got it from here or just thrown it in as a bubble

No one will play the Doedee role. We don't have another player who plays in that style.

We'll just pick our 7 best available defenders and they'll play their way.
Watching Fog on the weekend gave me thoughts they were right in not putting him back there.

Think with Hunter rucking more and Strachan maybe questionable we'll see him back forward this week.

Back