Preview Changes: R3 2019 v Geelong

Will we select Sam Jacobs, and win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where’s the story about Grundy coming from?
How certain are we that we can get it done?
Obviously we’ll be after him, but how sure are we that he’ll come back home?
I'm not hopeful. I can't even think of a 'big fish' pun/reference to get him home. Even Beau Waters' mum has is giving the thumbs down on this one. Reckon we're in with a shot to get Parker though.

Grundy will use us to inflate his contract at Collingwood, signing on for probably 5-6 years a year before his contract is up

Same as all those other times
Probably.

But they have wouldn't have as much room as some of the others. Using us against them would force one of their guns out.

Jenkins is currently a part of that problem. Not the solution.

That said, opting for Jenkins in the ruck would allow a Himmelberg/Fogarty who are both better contested marks then Josh which considering how little we've been leading for the ball, should help alleviate some scoring issues.
Himmelberg? Contested marking?

I thought his debut vs Carlton was promising but he looked more like a Tom Lynch link player. Haven’t read anything about his SANFL form which suggests contested marking beast either.

Fogarty sure.

Jenkins is a decent contested mark. He is no pack splitter like the Fog though.

Grundy will use us to inflate his contract at Collingwood, signing on for probably 5-6 years a year before his contract is up

Same as all those other times
More likely they retain Grundy

Also sign someone from GWS or GC

And release players 20-24 in quality to make room

We might see it as a "We have a very competent ruckman, let's stock up another area" type thing. That's if ROB is that guy.

I would love to get Brodie Grundy here and I'm glad we are on the front foot seemingly.

I guess I'm in the camp that believes ruckmen aren't the types you should pay your biggest wages to.

I'm also in that camp, though, bringing in someone with Grundys profile would be absolutely huge for this club.

Himmelberg? Contested marking?

I thought his debut vs Carlton was promising but he looked more like a Tom Lynch link player. Haven’t read anything about his SANFL form which suggests contested marking beast either.

Fogarty sure.

Jenkins is a decent contested mark. He is no pack splitter like the Fog though.

Baseline is Jenkins, and he's not someone I'd call a decent contested mark. Wins the occasional, but not a strength at all.

This.

Everything Hawthorn has grown to be able to do has been built on that bullshit.

How psychologically different might we be on the road if we had enjoyed the advantages handed to these clubs for decades? It affects every bloody thing. How long you persist with a game plan before discarding. Tenure for coaches. Player retention. It's all ******* linked.

**** this league man.

then watch the SANFL you obviously aren't concerned with standard if you follow the AFLW

Back