Preview Changes: R3 v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

If Gov continues to stink and Gov is not brought into the side then people are justified in sooking then, but not now. It sucks Fog was dropped, but it had to happen. No way was Gov getting dropped in rnd 3, nor Tex and JJ. Lynch is AA quality, despite people talking him down because he is out of contract.

So who would go out instead of Fog? Maybe Gov, that is it. You cannot drop Atkins for a tall despite him sucking arse because:

1. He covers the ground (despite lack of physicality)
2.It would make us too tall, even moving Lynch to the wing, or Gov to the wing, too tall and you don't do that type of thing in rnd 3 if you don't have to.

Established, trained structures are heavily important in AFL and ******* with them in rnd 3 is not a recipe for success. For better or for worse we are stuck with the structures that were established in the pre-season.

Fair conclusion, however:
First bolded bit - You've stated exactly why he should be dropped. I'd even go as far as playing Fog in Atkins role, at least you know Fog will give you a 200% effort. Atkins currently doesn't GAF.......and anything is better than doesnt GAF.

Second bolded bit. I can cover the ground as well. Atkins contributes nothing by running around and clocking up km's. He is a completely useless entity and it shits me to tears how he continually is gifted games.

By trying someone else, whoever that is, won't be any worse than the meek bruise free footy Atkins serves up week after week.

Afc to a T
Your attacks on the club are tedious and repetitious. Why do you continue to follow this club? A club that, according to you, has been stuffed from day one.[/QUOTE]
Not from day one - we were great in the 90's.

Fair conclusion, however:
First bolded bit - You've stated exactly why he should be dropped. I'd even go as far as playing Fog in Atkins role, at least you know Fog will give you a 200% effort. Atkins currently doesn't GAF.......and anything is better than doesnt GAF.

Second bolded bit. I can cover the ground as well. Atkins contributes nothing by running around and clocking up km's. He is a completely useless entity and it shits me to tears how he continually is gifted games.

By trying someone else, whoever that is, won't be any worse than the meek bruise free footy Atkins serves up week after week.
I wouldnt say he doesnt GAF but hes out of form.

I wish we took the same attitude with Jacobs and stop grinding him into ground by seasons end and enforce a couple breaks whether he likes it or not. Also gives us a chance to see what we have in reserve if the worst happened.
You try telling Sam Jacobs he isnt playing

Yep and i was more excited by Eddie's contribution
Some are more easily excited than others I suppose.

No one on the main board was talking about Eddie (except how poor he has been). No commentators were talking about Eddie (except how poor he has been). No one on here was talking about Eddie (except how poor he has been and postulating hopefully that he might turn things around).

Contrast that with the excitement about Fogarty from all quarters.

Some are more easily excited than others I suppose.

No one on the main board was talking about Eddie (except how poor he has been). No commentators were talking about Eddie (except how poor he has been). No one on here was talking about Eddie (except how poor he has been and postulating hopefully that he might turn things around).

Contrast that with the excitement about Fogarty from all quarters.
20 disposals, 3 assists and about 8 score involvements, yeah thats poor.

I wouldnt say he doesnt GAF but hes out of form.

The reason I say that is this.
There have been many contests he could get to but he doesn't and he doesn't because he plods along and is happy to sit back 10 yards while his opponent gets to the ball first. He does this on a consistent basis.
He has zero desire to even attempt to get to a contest and apply pressure on an opponent.

Atkins should go and watch replays of an 18 year old 2nd gamer on our list.

If you watch the videos of Doedee and Fogarty being told they’re playing, Doedee is visibly affected. Fogarty’s response is almost asxthough he expected it and someone made the comment that he has probably just walked into every team he’s ever played in. And probably been the first picked every time.
Not his fault.
But the danger is you undervalue something of its too easily obtained.
Or he’s just a shy 18 country lad that’s not very expressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not from day one - we were great in the 90's.
Okay, s**t for the past 18 years, but you're hanging around for when they come good?[/QUOTE]
Not s**t just not the best they could be. Not s**t - not great, competitie.

Arrogance was arguably his best attribute in the opening couple of rounds. Shoving around 200 game players for example.
Maybe that was his downfall. You can come back in when you curb your aggression. Its un-afc like.

So let’s say that our current 4 key position players play well and stay injury free for the next 2 years, what happens to Fog?

Would we really keep a talent like that in the SANFL for 2 years? Or would we find a way of fitting him in?

So let’s say that our current 4 key position players play well and stay injury free for the next 2 years, what happens to Fog?

Would we really keep a talent like that in the SANFL for 2 years? Or would we find a way of fitting him in?

No chance we go through 2018 without injuries to at least on of those 4. We need to have a plan to bring him into the side in 2019 though.

This question is not just down to the club though. Fog is nowhere near AFL fitness levels yet. He needs to work bloody hard to get them up to a level that warrants us chamging our structures for him in 12 months time. But as soon as he is ready, we need to be able to bring him in. He looks to be that good.

If Lynch doesn’t sign, we may not need to worry?

Pyke will find a way to get otten back in at some stage. That's a given.
If this happens then we simply will not be winning the big one under this coach .
Otten is done , Mackay is next with Douglas not far behind .
Everytime we give the kids a chance they outperform the above 3 and our team looks better for it .
Mackay and Douglas have not stood up once in a big game when the team is down .
The are perennial chokers under pressure and they hurt our team defense .

One of those 4 is Jenkins, so your point is moot ;)

If this happens then we simply will not be winning the big one under this coach .
Otten is done , Mackay is next with Douglas not far behind .
Everytime we give the kids a chance they outperform the above 3 and our team looks better for it .
Mackay and Douglas have not stood up once in a big game when the team is down .
The are perennial chokers under pressure and they hurt our team defense .
Douglas is a very solid player, but the rest I agree with. Reckon Otten is done, barely featured in any of the PS games and although he may be carrying an injury he missed R1 too.

Break glass in a Talia AND Harto emergency as Keath will come in if one goes down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back