Preview Changes: R3 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

So where did you think we would finish? If it's higher than bottom 4 then how has your thought of Nicks not changed since 2020 when we were expected to finish bottom 4 in 2020 and 2021 and have finished higher every year.

I'm not infatuated with ladder position like some are. My view has been that Nicks is a decent coach but he'll be sacked before he can lead us to a finals win. What you're ignoring as well is that results can improve due to factors outside senior coach ability. There's plenty of factors that impact ladder position that have nothing to do with the senior coach. Basic football knowledge lil pup.

I'm not infatuated with ladder position like some are. My view has been that Nicks is a decent coach but he'll be sacked before he can lead us to a finals win. What you're ignoring as well is that results can improve due to factors outside senior coach ability. There's plenty of factors that impact ladder position that have nothing to do with the senior coach. Basic football knowledge lil pup.
So you think he can coach in 2020 since you thought hasn't changed. I didn't, I knew he was a good players management coach and Riccuito even mentioned that's why he was appointed in the first place. "Results can improved due to factors outside senior coach ability".......what (especially in a total rebuild)??

Butts left track early with his ankle - but said he should still be right.

Sloane now doing contact training

Tex also says King should watch himself calling our midfield vanilla

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Butts left track early with his ankle - but said he should still be right.

Sloane now doing contact training

Tex also says King should watch himself calling our midfield vanilla

It’s fine for Tex to think that, as long as his opinion doesn’t have any actual influence on Nicks’ tactical decisions

Early days for stats to mean much and probably confounded but also saw mention we are #1 for clearances and inside 50s

Intriguing that we can be so dominant yet so bad in the midfield. Clearly it all comes down to the way we set up in the forward line and the way we enter it. The grunt is there. The execution is not. I really miss Rahilly.

We are doing Brodie no favours playing him this week. He is horrendously out of form and squibbing contests.

'Manage' him this week and bring him back for a farewell game. He is cooked
A smart Coach/Club would announce that Smith sustained a 'niggle' on Thursday and
to be safe and
out of respect for Smith's character and longevity, they've decided to 'manage' him this week.

Next week: the 'niggle' has become some kind of muscle 'awareness' and he needs another week.
The week after, see above.
Then if he's firing on all cylinders, bring him back for his 250th at home vs the Bombers and a chance for the Crows to go 1-5 ;).

Nicks/the Club save face.
Smith can train his butt off under Burgess and rediscover some confidence and kicking ability.
Someone else gets 3 games to prove themselves at AFL level.
Win-win-win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if after getting the ground ball he dishes off to someone else to kick straight for goal ... :sneaky:

My 13 yr old spotted it at the Gabbs last year.
Said he can get the ball but his disposal is woeful.

You named Curtin/ Hamill/Taylor
That's frustration talking after the game, Curtin in reality hasn't done enough and neither has Taylor to force outcomes.

I would love it if they dropped Laird and brought in Taylor and dropped Smith for Hamill but they aren't forcing the outcome.

Pedlar and Murphy out for Edwards and Nankervis is more obvious as they have been performing early this season in trial and Sanfl games

That's frustration talking after the game, Curtin in reality hasn't done enough and neither has Taylor to force outcomes.

I would love it if they dropped Laird and brought in Taylor and dropped Smith for Hamill but they aren't forcing the outcome.

Pedlar and Murphy out for Edwards and Nankervis is more obvious as they have been performing early this season in trial and Sanfl games
👍 not keen on recycling Hamill thou

Surely they want Smiffy's 250th at home. What a party we can have!

Problem for them with that is the next home game is gather round, and if it's anything like last year that means the AFL is in control of the ground, the crowd entetainment, all the video screens and announcers, and the pre and post game entertainment, which means they won't get a look in to do anything.

Not to mention they've got all the pre-prepared media lined up and rolling out already for the big week.

Problem for them with that is the next home game is gather round, and if it's anything like last year that means the AFL is in control of the ground, the crowd entetainment, all the video screens and announcers, and the pre and post game entertainment, which means they won't get a look in to do anything.

Not to mention they've got all the pre-prepared media lined up and rolling out already for the big week.
You could drop him for a month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back