Preview Changes: R4 2021 vs North Melbourne

What will the AFC do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the most depressing things about my time on BigFooty is reading your posts.

yours and an account that liked this idiotic post, share remarkable similarities in style and expression with a certain deceased account. which is interesting as that canine grub never usually operates less than 3 live accounts at once.

for those Tom Lynch fans..ranked 1 in the league as THE connector so far this season

there are 3 experienced coaches just waiting for a call to a new team
1. Don Pyke
2. Brad Scott
3. Ross the Boss

I think all 3 could well be in the big chair next year, and in particular how long before Don's phone rings again?

Presumably Don is only renting in Sydney.

Fogarty is a poor man's Walker... in the same way that Walker is a poor man's Modra. Fogarty is a poor forward, but that's seemingly his best position. If Walker goes out, then I have no argument with Fogarty coming in.

... but it's not Walker going out. It's Lynch... and there is no way Fog should be replacing Lynch.

Walker and Modra do not play alike. surely you have at least watched either of these guys at some stage?

1. Don Pyke
2. Brad Scott
3. Ross the Boss

I think all 3 could well be in the big chair next year, and in particular how long before Don's phone rings again?

Who gets the sack? Probably Leon Cameron, maybe Buckley goes too?

IMO Pyke and Ross will certainly coach again soon. Unsure on Brad

1. Don Pyke
2. Brad Scott
3. Ross the Boss

GWS more likely IMO to go with Pyke the more successful Sydney become in 2021.

Ross will end up at a Victorian Club you would think.

Who gets the sack? Probably Leon Cameron, maybe Buckley goes too?

IMO Pyke and Ross will certainly coach again soon. Unsure on Brad
The way Chris spoke about his brother, I doubt Brad would coach again.

Cameron, Buckley, Teague. Melbourne will eventually fall IMO in 2021 and Goodwin will cop heat.

1. Don Pyke
2. Brad Scott
3. Ross the Boss

Voss?

Sounded like Worrell to me but they may not want to start a debutant as the sub. I expect Lynch to play even if he's injured.

I'd be very surprised, Nicks seemed completely against the idea.

Hopefully we don't, and use Mackay as the sub instead.

you don't reckon Brad's record at North isn't looking pretty good right now?
Not so much a comment on his record, moreso a comment on how ready he is to come back to coaching. Has a cushy AFL job, and if he thinks anything like his twin (taking into account his comments on Fox Footy a few days ago), he's probably glad he hasn't got the pressure and stress that comes with a coaching job now

Lyon will get an enticing money offer from a team soon and come back to the scene for sure. Usually, if coaches are in the media they're bound to come back at some point (see Roos, Blight, even Malthouse). Pyke would've stayed out of the system completely if he didn't want to coach again, too, he's still very well off financially I believe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron, Buckley, Teague. Melbourne will eventually fall IMO in 2021 and Goodwin will cop heat.
Teague's safe until the end of 2022 I reckon, even if Carlton stand still

Hard to get a read on the Dees, but if they fail to make the eight, Goodwin will be feeling pressure for sure

Not so much a comment on his record, moreso a comment on how ready he is to come back to coaching. Has a cushy AFL job, and if he thinks anything like his twin (taking into account his comments on Fox Footy a few days ago), he's probably glad he hasn't got the pressure and stress that comes with a coaching job now

Lyon will get an enticing money offer from a team soon and come back to the scene for sure. Usually, if coaches are in the media they're bound to come back at some point (see Roos, Blight, even Malthouse). Pyke would've stayed out of the system completely if he didn't want to coach again, too, he's still very well off financially I believe?

perhaps, but the coaching bug tends to stick.

Don Pyke at GWS with their talent, would be a very tantalising prospect for the GWS board.

Teague's safe until the end of 2022 I reckon, even if Carlton stand still

Hard to get a read on the Dees, but if they fail to make the eight, Goodwin will be feeling pressure for sure

Goodwin is toast, Buckley is toast. Teague I don't think will get another year at this rate, he was a dead cat bounce appointment.

GWS & Collingwood are prime tickets for a coach, so I think Pyke will be head of the class for a glamour post.
Lyon I can see at Melbourne or Carlton, underperforming lists that need a kick up the pants.

Bucks is out of contract at years end.
Cameron, Goodwin and Teague have 1 more year after this, 2022.
I don’t think the clubs can afford to be paying out coaching contracts early now can they?

I don’t think the clubs can afford to be paying out coaching contracts early now can they?

when has that ever stopped anyone. what a club really can't afford is another year with the wrong coach, that costs serious money

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't clubs part ways coaches mid-contract all the time? Happened with Sando, happened with Pyke

I'd be very surprised, Nicks seemed completely against the idea.

Hopefully we don't, and use Mackay as the sub instead.
If it's his only way of getting on the ground I'm all for it. They keep mentioning he is close but how long do you keep saying he is close? For most of the season? The longer you don't play them also means they are more likely to injure themself in the sanfl and we definitely won't see them until next year. Surely you give someone a chance who is performing in the SANFL. I don't think we are such a powerhouse that we can't possibly drop an aging underperforming injured player such as Lynch. I understand they want to win games to exceed expectations but this needs to be balanced with development. I also believe some of our young kids will outperform experienced players if given the opportunity but the club has always had a fear of the unknown.

AFL 2021: Why clubs should look at former North Melbourne Kangaroos coach Brad Scott (theage.com.au)

"In 2018, Brad Scott presented the North Melbourne board with three options to take the club forward on the field into the 2020s.
One was to keep topping up with mature players, in order to remain thereabouts, North having finished in their typical mid-table position, missing the finals by a game and percentage.
Option two was a hybrid of going to the draft - making judicious cuts to the ranks of senior players - and bringing seasoned players in, a kind of each-way bet on short and long term objectives.
The third option was precisely where North have found themselves today under David Noble: a total rebuild of the playing list, with a huge investment in the draft. This would also involve trading out players to gain draft currency, a formula that invariably involves pain over a period of years, but has the advantage of being unambiguous.
Scott favoured the rebuild - which would not have been the scorched earth version of 2021. The North board did not. "

Back