Game Day R5 v Fremantle @ 5/4/20 12.35pm Metricon: Honorable loss the order of the day, kids played well.

Today's result?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How would you feel being Jacobs, having been dropped for Mumford.
You've been dropped Sam, we are being bringing the other geriatric back this week.
Lucky there's no NEAFL for him to refuse to play in.

In: Crouch M, Hartigan
Out: Himmelberg, McAsey
Meh on the changes. Not really gonna change the result one would expect. Would have given McAsey a run up forward but a week or two break may freshen him up. Murphy is the luckiest player i've seen for some time. Needs to go.

AFC has listed a stupid team line-up, here is a proper version with players in their correct position

B Brown - Talia - Doedee
HB Laird - Hartigan - Hamill
C Smith - Jones - Keays
HF Crocker - Walker - Lynch
F McAdam - Frampton - Murphy
R O'Brien - Sloane - B. Crouch

I M. Crouch - McHenry - Poholke - Kelly

At least we aren't tall, but unfortunately a guy like McHenry or Jones will have to push forward more often as we're lacking a 7th in that area

I highly doubt Matt Crouch has fixed everything about his game after one measly match in a 16-a-side reserves game

Well... I mean the issue was just work rate, so one week out could fix that. That'd be all mental after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather Mummy anyway, his physicality has all the opposition players on edge.

Didn't GWS give Sauce 2 years? Ouch.

He didn't pass the jump over a 10 cent piece selection test.

Well... I mean the issue was just work rate, so one week out could fix that. That'd be all mental after all.
Beat me to it, I was just about to say the same because that's exactly what I took from the Nicks' presser re Matt.

Lotsa blokes recently in our side seemed to have over-estimated how good they are and gone elsewhere

McGovern was outstanding with his 3 possessions last night and where is Josh? :)

I highly doubt Matt Crouch has fixed everything about his game after one measly match in a 16-a-side reserves game
Exactly.. it’s pathetic.

last week they made the statement, by dropping Mcrouch, that “poor performances by older players won’t be tolerated“..“see, we’re even willing to drop the likes of a crouch brother”..

this week they basically followed that positive statement up with a “but you won’t really get dropped for long if you do”..

Exactly.. it’s pathetic.

last week they made the statement, by dropping Mcrouch, that “poor performances by older players won’t be tolerated“..“see, we’re even willing to drop the likes of a crouch brother”..

this week they basically followed that positive statement up with a “but you won’t really get dropped for long if you do”..
Its the same token one week dropping that Pyke was an expert at. Dropped for 1 week, automatic selection rest of the year. When I saw Nicks playing golf with him this week I knew he was in.

You'd be satisfied that he's improved and won't revert to old habits based on training and a single game of below reserves level standard?

I wouldn't

He didn't pass the jump over a 10 cent piece selection test.

I don't doubt that haha. Fwiw apparently he did pass the nasal decongestion test ;)

If I was on the field with mummy I would have eyes in the back of my head regardless of how crippled he is.

Exactly.. it’s pathetic.

Maybe you should reserve judgement after you see how he respond, if it's same ole, he will be dropped again but for longer. These change looks like we are trying to get our first win and pushing Fremantle closer to finishing bottom (which won't affect us getting pick 1 if we finish last).

You'd be satisfied that he's improved and won't revert to old habits based on training and a single game of below reserves level standard?

I wouldn't

If he tackles and gets involved in link play, I'm satisfied.

This is either a wake up call or we have much bigger issues on our hands.

Beat me to it, I was just about to say the same because that's exactly what I took from the Nicks' presser re Matt.

And it shows on a stat sheet. 2 tackles, 1 mark a game from his first three. He's not even running one way.

Matt wasn't putting in at all. Just thinking he was going to be selected regardless.

Back