Preview Changes: R6 2019 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree bring Fog in its called development, play murphy in mileras role give him a run through the guts develop him at the same time or even laird in mileras role, see what they are capable of

You seriously don't think we are premiership contenders do you?
My response to his post was he said Fog and Milera have been playing the same role which is clearly wrong.

Three of their 4 wins have been under kick. They could have easily lost them all. Their position on the ladder doesnt represent their form.

Alternately, their form is to keep winning close matches, and that's why they're top/second/whatever. they could easily have lost them all... and didn't

Fogarty for milera is a straight swap.

Very similar players, i often get them confused

I was waiting, if we'd lost on the weekend I was going to ask if it was time to bring the transcripts back

Murphy plays Mileras position.
IN Jones

Murphy IMO is a natural defender who has a good read on the ball and good intercept mark. I was was surprised when AFC put him forward of centre.
Stengle would be another I would give a chance, he would have to bring the defensive game though.
Fogarty still looks lost in the system atm, or lack of system.
Gallucci needs to find more ball in the 2's.

Gee JJs attitude since his dropping has been surprising, losing respect from many supporters, including a defender of his such as myself.

It's starting to become clear why we've been so poor the past couple of seasons though.
I'm also starting to think the camp did it's job perfectly, and has shown how soft and entitled many of our playing group are.

It's starting to become clear why we've been so poor the past couple of seasons though.
I'm also starting to think the camp did it's job perfectly, and has shown how soft and entitled many of our playing group are.

we were only poor one season being last season we made the GF in the previous season, we are only 5 games into this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mark it down - if we were to look to move Jenkins on, I think GWS or Sydney will be all over it and for a 2nd rounder a deal could easily happen.

Depends on the phasing of his contract, whether front, back or evenly loaded

He’ll be 31 next year with 2 years on his contract.

If he doesn’t perform this year he’ll be an anchor not an asset at the trade table

Depends on the phasing of his contract, whether front, back or evenly loaded

He’ll be 31 next year with 2 years on his contract.

If he doesn’t perform this year he’ll be an anchor not an asset at the trade table
yeah spot on..If the club tells Jenkins that they won't play him unless there are injuries (I am not specifically advocating this, just a position that the club could hypothetically take), it might help force him out and be enough for him to cancel his contract by mutual agreement IF there is an opportunity at another club. Then we might get a reasonable pick for him (ie 2nd or 3rd rounder)

yeah spot on..If the club tells Jenkins that they won't play him unless there are injuries (I am not specifically advocating this, just a position that the club could hypothetically take), it might help force him out and be enough for him to cancel his contract by mutual agreement IF there is an opportunity at another club. Then we might get a reasonable pick for him (ie 2nd or 3rd rounder)

Why would Jenkins consider doing that unless we heavily front loaded him?

He'd be smart enough to know his career is done at the end of this contract, why would you bother when you have guaranteed money in the reserves?

Why would Jenkins consider doing that unless we heavily front loaded him?

He'd be smart enough to know his career is done at the end of this contract, why would you bother when you have guaranteed money in the reserves?
yeah - unless he still has a desire to want to play and another club is keen on him and he sees that he has run his race with the crows..oh and that they were happy to pay him well enough as well...I know, a lot of if's in there:rolleyes:

Our ball movement has been terrible before last weekend and he doesn't provide much around the ground, other than backup ruckman, so perhaps in his mind, he must be thinking it's not his fault. It's pretty bad to go on air and say that though. Makes it seem like he was very angry, feels hard done by and not taking any responsibility for his performance at all.

yeah - unless he still has a desire to want to play and another club is keen on him and he sees that he has run his race with the crows..oh and that they were happy to pay him well enough as well...I know, a lot of if's in there:rolleyes:

There is way too many ifs there.

The end of the day, Jenkins hasn't been good enough of a footballer, nor is young enough to be worthwhile. Especially if a club is forced to inherit his contract. If we're getting rid of Jenkins, we're probably dumping him in a similar manner as the Scully trade.

I would not be against that either.

I also think these interviews, including last week before he was dropped showed why JJ struggles in finals / big matches

Temperament. He’s reasonably articulate, and seems quite a sensitive guy, over thinks a lot

Perhaps he thinks about things too much to ever perform on big occasions
Spot on , over thinker and sensitive

Needs to be talked up constantly hence Ben hart giving his sanfl game a wrap when he was poor

Is Wilson a chance to replace Milera?

None whatsoever.

Realistically it’s going to be Jones, Gallucci, Poholke or Stengle.

Sholl should be a chance too IMO, but he clearly isn’t.

Out of the genuine chances to come in, my gut feel is that Stengle is the least likely of the 4. I’m pretty much ruling him out. If he does come in at some point this season, I feel it will be in place of Betts or Murphy.

Which way the selectors go is complicated by the fact that Jones was clearly the preferred option of the remaining 3 to begin the season, but has now suffered a concussion and missed a week which may disadvantage him. Poholke is in the best SANFL form of the 3, but is probably the worst fit in terms of team balance because he’s an inside mid. Gallucci is not really in great SANFL form and didn’t play at any level last week, but is probably the most logical fit in the AFL side with the attributes he possesses.

Who knows, maybe Knight gets dropped and two of these guys come in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back