Preview Changes: R6 2019 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Poholke is fast ffs

how many times do people need to hear this before it sinks in?

0.01 second slower for 20m sprint than jones, who everyone loves for his speed
I think people have just resorted to generic complaints so they have something to post.

He never had to be just fast. He is replacing one of the most dynamic, line breaking, elite players in our side. That's what a player like Gallucci or Jones would bring.

If the criteria was merely being quick we'd play Kyle Hartigan on the wing
I don't know in what parrallel universe Poholke is like for like with Milera. Could not possibly have picked a player more opposite to Milera. My theory is that they heard supporters complaining that he was only given 1 week then dropped. Then he somewhat embarrasses their decision by performing in a lower league which is no comparison to afl whatsoever. Therefore they then bring him back after only 7 days earlier making a call he is not afl quality. What has changed in 7 days? Why have they dropped him at every opportunity that he has been given? Now they are not even backing in their judgements on players. They are lost.

I don't know in what parrallel universe Poholke is like for like with Milera. Could not possibly have picked a player more opposite to Milera. My theory is that they heard supporters complaining that he was only given 1 week then dropped. Then he somewhat embarrasses their decision by performing in a lower league which is no comparison to afl whatsoever. Therefore they then bring him back after only 7 days earlier making a call he is not afl quality. What has changed in 7 days? Why have they dropped him at every opportunity that he has been given? Now they are not even backing in their judgements on players. They are lost.
Who said they've gone like for like?

Did Ben Hart do another interview?

Had to be Jones in for Milera unless still suffering from concussion. Next time we will likely see him in the team will likely be 2020. Was good to see him for 3 games. So we will likely have no other draft picks running around this year from our best draft hand in 20 years. Something not right there.
So Jones in for Milera would be like for like? FMD are you really that clueless.

Four first round picks running around in the SANFL. Four.

There's a clear disconnect between our recruiters and the coaching staff.

Our selection panel is doing substantial damage to our club's long term prospects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These 'selectors' (coaches) are completely ****ed. Wtf are they thinking leaving gallucci out of all games last week? How is he supposed to press his claims to be included this week?
Poholke played a very good game last week but he is and always will be an INSIDE MIDFIELDER.
NOTE TO SELECTORS.. WE GAVE 5 INSIDE MIDFIELDERS.
1. MATT CROUCH
2. BRAD CROUCH
3. RORY SLOANE
4. CAM ELLIS YOLMEN
5. HUGH GREENWOOD
You dont replace Wayne Milera who has exquisite foot skills, pace, and line breaking ability with Poholke. You just dont. The coaches and selection panel are ****ed. They let young players with great talent like Fogarty, Stengle and Gallucci rot in the sanfl. Also with Fogarty playing him out of position to accomodate a lumbering c grade ruckman and a dropped jenkins. Unless Himmelberg kicks 5 Jenkins will be back next week no matter how s**t he plays. These campaigners are a ******* joke.

I just hope we give Poholke 4-6 games to have a decent crack ..
WTF did we pick Hartigan ?? We have the defensive cover , especially against a smallish forward set up .
Gallucci in as well would have been the right move . Run , Run , Run .
Coaching panel never fails to disappoint

I think it's you that must be watching another player actually, one of Kyle's most redeeming traits is his speed for a big unit.
Straight line pace is solid once he gets into gallop but his close out is clumsy , his agility is horrendous as is his pace of mind .
He is Talia's backup or match up specific and should never be anything else . A complete liability week to week .

Straight line pace is solid once he gets into gallop but his close out is clumsy , his agility is horrendous as is his pace of mind .
He is Talia's backup or match up specific and should never be anything else . A complete liability week to week .
You might have a hard time convincing Robbie Gray of all those weaknesses. Brain farts are his biggest burden.

Pyke has committed himself to picking players who perform at SANFL level. I guess for both fitness and culture/form reasons.

Poholke has been much better than Gallucci over the course of the SANFL season so he is next up.

I would prefer:

CEY >> Gallucci for better team balance.

Hartigan >> Fogarty for another attacking weapon from defence and to get Fog into the team

Completely fine with Poholke and hope he gets a run of games. He has a knack for winning contests. If he can do the same at AFL level then we have a very useful player.

Just hope that we might actually play decent as a team while poholke is in. Seems every time the guy gets selected we stink in that game, helping make him look a lot worse than he is.

I actually decided to check this out.

His career win/loss tally is 4/6, but the losses include: Melbourne in Alice, that insipid game against the Hawks (...last year's insipid game against the Hawks, not this year's insipid game against the Hawks), the Freo game where we played well for a quarter and couldn't buy a goal for the rest of it, the Melbourne game against the Tigers (Curtly Hampton's last game), and a fortnight ago against North.

The best wins are, I suppose, his debut in the Sydney game and that game against West Coast we won solely on account of the last quarter.

His other three games are: a flogging of the Suns early last year, the Bulldogs game in the wet, and the bad Douglas-assisted-Motlop-goal showdown

He may be quick across the ground, but he’s slow of mind. Really doesn’t have AFL smarts at all and so looks slow.

Be more than happy to see him succeed, have nothing against him, just don’t see him as an AFL player
I agree that was him last year. His game back he looked to have shrugged it off

Proof will be in the pudding

Four first round picks running around in the SANFL. Four.

There's a clear disconnect between our recruiters and the coaching staff.
This seems overly dramatic?

Fogarty handling is “interesting”. Most would agree he should be playing AFL somewhere. He still played 10 games in year one.

Other than that, you have:

Jones - 2018 draftee, played first few games at AFL level this year until concussion

McHenry - 2018 draftee, developing in SANFL which is fine

Gallucci - 2016 draftee, played 16 games in year two, now building fitness and form in SANFL after missing pre season

Milera and Doedee would be playing if they weren’t injured.

I’m delighted we are persisting with Himmelberg and Jenkins is still in reserves.

You think he's botched multiple first round picks?

That's not winning any.
I don't think its that simple. Players don't make it for a variety of reasons, hardly one persons fault, especially a job as hard as his.

I'm pretty confident even the best of the best have 'botched' multiple 1st rounders over the journey.

Also of the 4, I'm only dubious on 1 at this stage.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back