Preview Changes: R6 2019 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

So you've just started barracking for the crows. Nice to have you on board. Gibbs would need to be in hospital for the club to drop him over a kid.

What’s worse is the “fingers crossed” comments. How about backing in either of the kids to do the job if Gibbs doesn’t get up. Our coaches really have no idea at times.

You know full well he will be straight back in

On 5AA he's actually saying he will need a couple of weeks in the SANFL when he returns.

I was hoping pyke would show some dare and bring Jones straight back in.
Next year mate. All in good time. When your top of the ladder you need to make them earn their stripes. Oh that's right we are 12th. Well that theory goes out the window then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These big mids with breakaway speed you talk of that were available to us with our picks? And what exactly do you class as "big"? Riley Collier-Dawkins is the only one that fits the bill size wise that has reasonably good acceleration but the knock was he doesn't find enough pill. Only other possibilities but hardly "big" were Xavier O'Halloran 186cm 84kg, Tom Berry 185cm 78kg both of whom have express pace and agility and Xavier Duursma 186cm 74kg who has reasonable acceleration and agility but would have been classed more as Half Back/Outside mid?

Plenty of "small" mids that go OK : Lachie Neale, Andrew Gaff, Zach Merrett, Dion Prestia, Adam Treloar, Dylan Shiel, Zac Fisher etc etc.

For the record I would have taken Jye Caldwell 184cm 80kg who has reasonable acceleration only.
I will concede to better knowledge but if you are going to give up 19 why in the hell would you pick 2 mini players.
I just don't see why pick McHenry after picking Jones . All X factor feedback got he is quick and tackle machine . Well I know who I rather get tackled by Stack ,Collier Dawkins, Ohalloran etc or little McHenry. Would not call Treloar etc small apart from Fisher.

I will concede to better knowledge but if you are going to give up 19 why in the hell would you pick 2 mini players.
I just don't see why pick McHenry after picking Jones . All X factor feedback got he is quick and tackle machine . Well I know who I rather get tackled by Stack ,Collier Dawkins, Ohalloran etc or little McHenry. Would not call Treloar etc small apart from Fisher.
Sydney Stack and Ned are virtually the same size

You really need to see Neddy play before making what I suspect is an uneducated call.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/11/21/johnson-nominates-the-jack-higgins-of-2018-afl-draft/

Fox Footy draft expert Brad Johnson has nominated Ned McHenry as his biggest sleeper of the 2018 AFL draft.

Johnson has compared the small forward to Richmond livewire Jack Higgins, praising his character and attitude.

“I really like Ned McHenry…I think he is the character of the draft, no question,” Johnson told SEN Breakfast.

“He is one that once drafted, he is going to be the Jack Higgins of next year.

“He is one to look out for. Apart from the talent side of things, he is just a good lad.

“He is really honest, so hopefully we get to hear a fair bit from Ned.”

McHenry was the number one tackler at the under-18 championships this past season, while also recording a high kicking efficiency. He is expected to be selected in the early 20s.

Just watched port. The opposite of what we are currently. Good on them for making some tough decisions. Wish we did the same.

Gibbs is out, no way he plays if he has had gastro this week, no chance.

Gooch to come in for sure, Im comfortable with jones missing another week if he has too. 2 weeks rest after a concussion for a young kid isn't the end of the world.

Yup. I'd have no issues with Jones missing a 2nd game. As much as he is right to go, there is no harm giving him a week off as an at worse.

You’re still avoiding my question

If Gallucci is being managed, why was he held back last week as an emergency in case of a late mishap.

Are we in the business of having unfit players ready to replace unfit players ?
He MUST play at some level this week

You’re still avoiding my question

If Gallucci is being managed, why was he held back last week as an emergency in case of a late mishap.

Are we in the business of having unfit players ready to replace unfit players ?
We are likely managing him out of the club. We're good at that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back