Keath ~ Hartigan ~ Laird
Gibbs ~ Talia ~ Smith
Atkins ~ Crouch ~ Mackay
ROB ~ Sloane ~ Crouch
Lynch ~ Walker ~ Murphy
Betts ~ Himmelburg ~ Greenwood
Poholke ~ Galluci ~ Jones
CEY

Would prefer Stengle in for Murphy but too many changes.

WTF! Does Hart forget the game was televised. We all saw how crap he was.
I am actually a JJ fan and think at the top of his game he makes us better, but that was not a display of a guy at the top of his game wanting to break back into the 1's
Would not use the Game was televised, I Watch the game live, and when reviewing the Replay it was chalk and cheese,
JJ did some good work of the ball he was double teamed and dragged his defender away when he did get open his leads were missed, Even crashed a few packs,
He still needs to get his confidence back, maybe a week or two more. Unless Himmelberg improves a lot based on Sunday's game.

Out: Milera (inj), Kelly, Knight
In: Galluci, Jones, Poholke

Keath ~ Hartigan ~ Laird
Gibbs ~ Talia ~ Smith
Atkins ~ Crouch ~ Mackay
ROB ~ Sloane ~ Crouch
Lynch ~ Walker ~ Murphy
Betts ~ Himmelburg ~ Greenwood
Poholke ~ Galluci ~ Jones
CEY

Would prefer Stengle in for Murphy but too many changes.
You're not dropping Murphy after arguably the best game of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not use the Game was televised, I Watch the game live, and when reviewing the Replay it was chalk and cheese,
JJ did some good work of the ball he was double teamed and dragged his defender away when he did get open his leads were missed, Even crashed a few packs,
He still needs to get his confidence back, maybe a week or two more. Unless Himmelberg improves a lot based on Sunday's game.
God you post some dribble.

What if Sloane has missed through suspension? He plays SANFL until we drop a game? That is the most stupid and flawed concept that gets mentioned in selection discussion.

Haha calm your farm. As a general rule you don’t really want to disturb a winning team, not sure what’s so stupid about that. However, there are exceptions to every rule, eg. star players returning.

2) That’s about right for his position
1) Why would you expect anything different?
Thanks for asking :thumbsu::). Since a player's value to the team is not just about possessions, I should have explained better.

I'm sure that you'd agree that contested possessions, contested marks, tackles and 1%ers are very important, inspire other players and add to team work ethic. For Hartigan, those numbers are rather weak (compared to left-footed back pocket counterpart, Keath):
--- contested possessions 1.8/game. Keath 7.8. That's significant, wouldn't you say?
--- contested marks, 0.3/game (perhaps he favours spoiling/punching the ball, under instruction from Pyke :think:? No numbers on that). Keath 1.8.
--- tackles, 1/game. Keath 2.
--- 1%ers, 3/game. Keath 5.4.
Perhaps that suggests only that Keath is playing better than Hartigan.
2) I was not aware that positions had quotas, or expected numbers. Please elaborate, or reference a Coach's/AFL site that gives those numbers?
What's "about right" for a mid? a CHF? a HF? :neutral:

I don't think Hartigan has been very effective, whereas you might. It doesn't matter, because Pyke's the one who's playing him and Hartigan might well be doing a job for Pyke in which case Hartigan will stay.
Btw, re:
Good: Mackay
Agree totally.
The passage where he took possession, short-kicked and ran on to receive the handball then hit Eddie lace-out was beautiful, fast-running-rebound, through-the-corridor footy. Maybe Pyke gave him a rocket, maybe he saw what happened to Gibbs and JJ and took the hint. Hopefully he will sustain the level he showed yesterday.

God you post some dribble.

What were your views of the game seem that you must have been there did you watch the players or did you ball watch.
If Not maybe next week get to ground it's at Elizabeth 1.10pm plenty of parking and watch what the players do how they lead what parts of the ground they move too, then watch the replay. Or are you going to base your opinion solely on the Channel 7 telecast of the ground?

But I will take dribble comment as a compliment coming from such an expert as you.

What were your views of the game seem that you must have been there did you watch the players or did you ball watch.
If Not maybe next week get to ground it's at Elizabeth 1.10pm plenty of parking and watch what the players do how they lead what parts of the ground they move too, then watch the replay. Or are you going to base your opinion solely on the Channel 7 telecast of the ground?

But I will take dribble comment as a compliment coming from such an expert as you.
JJ did nothing to suggest he warranted an AFL recall. When the game was there to be won he jogged after opponents, pulled out of contests and was lazy with his disposal.

I'm well aware of the game next weekend, some of us have to work weekends and can't go.... But thank you oh wise one.

He kicked 3 goals but as has been noted in this thread he just does a lot of non AFL standard things.
So do Stengle and Davis, so you're not going to drop Murphy after that.

He kicked 3 goals but as has been noted in this thread he just does a lot of non AFL standard things.

I’ve posted that I’m not sure he’s up to the level

Pyke said they asked him to play a role, small pressure forward, which he did. Chased and harassed, and can’t argue with three goals

The challenge for him and our whole team is doing it against better opposition. Saints, Freo, Port - three tough games coming up

I’ve posted that I’m not sure he’s up to the level

Pyke said they asked him to play a role, small pressure forward, which he did. Chased and harassed, and can’t argue with three goals

The challenge for him and our whole team is doing it against better opposition. Saints, Freo, Port - three tough games coming up
Murphy is a player he is always on the edge of selection. He needs to put up games like yesterday to stay in the side.

JJ did nothing to suggest he warranted an AFL recall. When the game was there to be won he jogged after opponents, pulled out of contests and was lazy with his disposal.

I'm well aware of the game next weekend, some of us have to work weekends and can't go.... But thank you oh wise one.

Read again I did not say he should return, What I said is the SANFL TV replay did not show how hard he did work, And unfortunate there are too many people who judge player solely on the TV, not on the Ground,
He still needs to get back his confidence, and still 1-2 week away unless Himmelberg improves then it could be longer,
And No I am not the wise one, I just write Dribble, But I lucky/unlucky enough to watch most games live, which I am very thankful for, as it was not always the case,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back