Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

If we’re erring to one side here, it should be on getting our senior players fit, so when they do play, they play their best footy and if they’re not, then taking the opportunity to debut/blood other players.
Good post, but making waaaay too much sense here :thumbsu: :laughv1:.

its all well and good for those here to be squealing about Freo and the doggies making wholesale changes even after they have won.. but thats completely ignoring the fact that those teams have had guys in the seconds actually showing something and pushing for selection.

about the only lad we have had pushing for a spot is Worrell and he shouldve been given a run weeks ago when brown and kelly were both out.

Thilthorpe and himmelberg simply havent been good enough for a call up.

Hately hasnt exactly been lighting it up but looks likely to get a call up due to berry‘s misfortune

pedlar and cook have shown promise but clearly arent match fit and ready to run out a full game yet..

seriously, sure, you make changes to a winning side if you have blokes in the winning side not performing and blokes in your seconds deserving a call up.. you dont if the players in your seconds are dishing up dogshit or clearly not match fit.

the hysterics in here over himmelberg not getting his spot back from frampton have gone beyond ridiculous.. himmelberg had his first decent game last weekend... before that he was barely worthy of holding his spot in the sanfl side..

a few of the posters in here are pointing at the dogs and freo making changes and melting down over it like we have half a dozen players in the sanfl having blinders each week!.. if you'd actually watched the sanfl games you see that this is definately not the case.

Seeing as you've obviously done the research required to make the statement about the form in the state leagues, can you provide a summary for each of these unforced ins please. The only one I know of was an earlier than expected return with no state league form. So I am a little dubious as to your claim.

its all well and good for those here to be squealing about Freo and the doggies making wholesale changes even after they have won.. but thats completely ignoring the fact that those teams have had guys in the seconds actually showing something and pushing for selection.

about the only lad we have had pushing for a spot is Worrell and he shouldve been given a run weeks ago when brown and kelly were both out.

Thilthorpe and himmelberg simply havent been good enough for a call up.

Hately hasnt exactly been lighting it up but looks likely to get a call up due to berry‘s misfortune

pedlar and cook have shown promise but clearly arent match fit and ready to run out a full game yet..

seriously, sure, you make changes to a winning side if you have blokes in the winning side not performing and blokes in your seconds deserving a call up.. you dont if the players in your seconds are dishing up dogshit or clearly not match fit.

the hysterics in here over himmelberg not getting his spot back from frampton have gone beyond ridiculous.. himmelberg had his first decent game last weekend... before that he was barely worthy of holding his spot in the sanfl side..

a few of the posters in here are pointing at the dogs and freo making changes and melting down over it like we have half a dozen players in the sanfl having blinders each week!.. if you'd actually watched the sanfl games you see that this is definately not the case.
Himmelberg took 5 contested marks in a flogging, not getting any delivery ... Billy hasn’t played well since round 1 , in fact he’s been a liability

I can see a change this week

I think this would be sensible.
Ins: Worrell, Himmelberg, Hately
Out: Lynch (inj), Frampton, Berry (inj)

McAdam on notice.

B: Brown, Butts, Kelly
HB: Smith, Worrell, Doedee
C: Seedsman, Keays, Sholl
HF: McHenry, Fogarty, Murphy
F: Rowe, Walker, Himmelberg
R: O'Brien Schoenberg, Laird
I: McPherson, Hately, Hamill, McAdam

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

... and that's the point. There are plenty of good replacements for Lynch, but none of them are available right now.

You're too smart to miss his point, so you're doing it on purpose.

We can restructure to fill the Lynch role - or we can ignore it; either way is a better option.

Lynch isn't performing the role to a high standard - and even if he was, it doesn't matter.

Re-shuffle to maintain the structure, or try a different structure - either way, given where we are, it's a better option than having a half fit Lynch.

Players not on the injury list are:
Hately - likely to be replacing Berry
Jones - woefully out of form, to the point that he'd be playing reserves for any other SANFL team
McAsey - tall defender
Thilthorpe - tall mobile forward/ruck
Pedlar - regaining match fitness after an injury layoff
Mackay - an option, but the melts would be spectacular
Cook - 1st year midfielder, still finding his way at SANFL level
Worrell - tall defender
Murray - tall defender
Himmelberg - tall forward/ruck
Borlase - medium defender, still finding his way at SANFL level
O'Connor - 2nd year midfielder, still finding his way at SANFL level
Newchurch - 1st year small forward, still finding his way at SANFL level
Strachan - backup ruckman

Those who are "AFL Ready" are Hately (probably coming in for Berry), Jones (albeit with shocking current form), McAsey, Mackay, Worrell, Murray, Himmelberg, and Strachan. With the assumption that Hately is already coming in for Berry, the only one of these you'd even consider as a replacement for Lynch would be Mackay... and the melts which would follow that decision would be truly epic.

Worell - sounds like he has all of the tools to play that role; what do we lose by trying him in it?

This is an extremely shallow attempt at analysis; we also have players in the side capable of playing another role.

Murphy, Rowe, Luke Brown, Hamill, McAdam.

Murphy/Rowe has a crack at the role, we bring Newchurch/Jones in as a small forward.

McAdam goes to Lynch, Fogarty replace McAdam.

Hamill goes there, Worrell comes in for him.

We have multiple options within the side if we want to maintain the structure, and numerous good options if we don't.

Lynch isn't that important, is in crap form, and is injured - and winning is almost irrelevant for us now anyway.

Your argument is just bloody ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have the depth to make unforced changes. We really don't.
Watching their VFL side tonight, their depth is outstanding. JUH looks a gun too

Watching their VFL side tonight, their depth is outstanding. JUH looks a gun too
Lipinski who Hamish fancied big time before Simon Dalrymple swooped earlier than expected and pinched him looked a class above hey. Did he miss a target all night?

Out of contract season's end too.

35 disposals, 17 kicks, 18 handballs, 6 marks, 4 tackles and a goal.

And we get the Tassie game, yet again......
s**t venue? Send the Crows there.
s**t timeslot? Crows can play that timeslot.
I havent looked at the fixture, but do we get a Ballarat or Alice Springs game this year? Maybe we get both?

Footscray vs. GWS VFL(LOL) match on Foxtel now, for those interested. Jesse Hogan looks fat and unfit in the first quarter, No.1 draft pick has done nothing (and looks a bit entitled). GWS don't seem to have a ruckman.
Hogan 4 goals and 11 marks
Hogan 3 goals and 8 marks last week... not too bad for a fat guy... he will most def be back in the GWS side next week

You going?

Absolutely :) Grabbed my tickets early, looks to be sold out now?

Taking the 3 kids up, giving the Mrs a whole day of peace!

My two adult kids are jumping to see the boys live, youngest is only 9 and this will be her first live Crows game??? I feel like a bad parent, although we have been in Tassie for 8 years with little chance to see them in the flesh.

I'm hoping that we get to see a new name or two, fingers crossed we don't play injured players in round 6 and maybe we get a surprise inclusion (not holding my breath) :-|

Remove this Banner Ad

Back