Preview Changes R6 v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if we lose its such a piece of s**t ground that no one rates teams performances there in the greater scheme of things.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I went to a game there last season and, even though it was bitterly cold and rainy, I quite enjoyed the night. Felt like a big WAFL venue.

Switkowski providing a perfect example of what we need from Venables this week.

Only has 11 touches and hasn't hit the scoreboard himself, but has created two goals in the last term alone with tackles inside 50.
Venables is good at high 5s

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

If (big if) we beat Geelong tomorrow, then we will have beaten the whole top 4.
(And lost to 5th and 7th)
What a brutal opening fixture.

Last edited:
Anyone making the trip across with the boys? Avalon is the best airport in the bay area. Lucky to have landed there in the esteemed company of Jetstar and Air Asia.

Sunday twilight in Geelong, how did we end up with that
Geelong has already had their "allowed" 5 day break (v Adelaide), so after playing Monday, this week was always going to be a Sunday.
Why 4.40pm? Ask Foxtel
Why WCE? Ask AFL

I recall Geelong playing West Coast last year in the same timeslot, I believe it's the highest rating Foxtel exclusive timeslot (I know you guys get all your games on FTA but we don't), so they must rate our clubs.

Beating geelong in geelong is one of only 2 hoodoo's left for us. It's for that reason alone I go into this game with a huge desire to see the team win.

Geelong in Geelong and Sydney at the SCG. We tick those 2 boxes and I don't care if we finish 12th this team as a group would have then.

1. Won a premiership.
2. Gone an entire season undefeated in Victoria
3. Beaten Collingwood at the G (3 times consecutively now)
4. Ended Port adelaide's season 2 years running with after the siren kicks
5. Beaten Hawthorn in Victoria
6. Beaten Sydney in Sydney
7. Beaten Geelong in Geelong

Complete those seven and only 1 other thing is left, get the consecutive derby tally to 10 and we can go through and entire rebuild as far as im concerned and it would be the best time to be a west coast supporter ever.

We beat Geelong in the same manner as we did in 2006, I'll devour my 22 year old GF and I'll have a cigar and a Martell XO cognac and bask in the glory of heaven on earth.

Anyone making the trip across with the boys? Avalon is the best airport in the bay area. Lucky to have landed there in the esteemed company of Jetstar and Air Asia.

Geelong has already had their "allowed" 5 day break (v Adelaide), so after playing Monday, this week was always going to be a Sunday.
Why 4.40pm? Ask Foxtel
Why WCE? Ask AFL

I recall Geelong playing West Coast last year in the same timeslot, I believe it's the highest rating Foxtel exclusive timeslot (I know you guys get all your games on FTA but we don't), so they must rate our clubs.
From the Geelong perspective I totally understand why it’s on a Sunday.

The twilight part is the worst bit for our boys, they won’t be home to after midnight our time or 2-3am EST.

Anyway, just hoping for a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beating geelong in geelong is one of only 2 hoodoo's left for us. It's for that reason alone I go into this game with a huge desire to see the team win.

Geelong in Geelong and Sydney at the SCG. We tick those 2 boxes and I don't care if we finish 12th this team as a group would have then.

1. Won a premiership.
2. Gone an entire season undefeated in Victoria
3. Beaten Collingwood at the G (3 times consecutively now)
4. Ended Port adelaide's season 2 years running with after the siren kicks
5. Beaten Hawthorn in Victoria
6. Beaten Sydney in Sydney
7. Beaten Geelong in Geelong

Complete those seven and only 1 other thing is left, get the consecutive derby tally to 10 and we can go through and entire rebuild as far as im concerned and it would be the best time to be a west coast supporter ever.

We beat Geelong in the same manner as we did in 2006, I'll devour my 22 year old GF and I'll have a cigar and a Martell XO cognac and bask in the glory of heaven on earth.
Here's wishing you a fantastic win then!!!
(and we can all bask in that afterglow)
I'd really like our 1st B2B.
But the numerology of our previous Prems is very convincing.

Oh and **** the club for AGAIN throwing Brander to the wolves on a tough away game. It’s as if they don’t want the kid to succeed. If he’s dropped again after an inevitable loss I’ll be yelling abuse at the coaches next open training session.
Gee how unpredictable.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back