Roast Changes: R6 vs West Coast, 2020 - What the * are we doing?

Winner & Ins / Outs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A few were calling for Lynch to be traded out rather than re-signed. Not because he was no good, but because he had trade value and we'd committed to Tex and JJ already and had Fog coming through needing games. And a forward line with Tex, second ruck, Fog and Lynch is a problem for application of defensive and ground ball pressure.

We also still had McGovern at the time.

Which is when you get maximum value

+1

CC kinda reached max value for us post prelim.

If he stayed with us in '18, '19 and with the same years we had, his value would have been diminished IMO.

I still think we should have kept him for what we got for him. We only believe the trade was good because we got Fog, if we didnt and got a potatoe we would be in more tears.

Really, I thought he was very important for us in 2017 and played a critical role in us reaching the Grand Final.

He looked a lot better with the ball coming out of our back 50 clean and fast. As did Tex and JJ. But they failed miserably when our mids got beaten and transition out of D50 was poor. But, major point was that we then drafted Fog, we had Gov who was quick across the deck in 2017, Fog isn't despite good intent. We couldn't keep playing the 4 pressureless forward structure as it becomes a huge liability if our mids aren't handsomely on top. That was obvious in 2017 and we've still not addressed it. Except for the Tex rucking games.

With our service, even getting near the ball would be a victory
I'm hoping he'll be the type of forward that doesn't rely on pristine delivery

It's crucial

during either 2016 or 2017, the below players were essentially permanent fixtures in the Adelaide side when fit:

Rory Atkins
Riley Knight
Mitch McGovern
Matt Crouch
Charlie Cameron
Jake Lever
Jake Kelly (2017)

They put a good number of games into Milera at the time too.

In 2016 and 2017, Pyke gave debuts to more players aged 25+ (3) then aged under 21 (2).

I'd say, with a bit of hope, that Hamill plays midfield. Or Laird launches his surface to air missiles from further up the park.
Surely with Murphy out, Laird becomes our new marking full forward to bomb the ball too...

Nicks saying Sloane is going back inside, I guess that's why we dropped Poholke for Mackay. We've lost all sense if we go back to the Sloane/Crouch trio again, especially since Keays is starting to grow in the midfield role over the last two weeks while Sloane has been outside the contest more. Sounds like Lynch might play deeper forward as well with Tex out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon McAsey and Fog are the only two guys at the club that have any chance of taking a mark in the F50.
I hope we see McAsey up forward for the whole game
I've been really disappointed that we haven't used Fogarty as our deepest forward more often. Heck, we use Murphy in that role more often

His couple of very brief cameos up forward so far have been quite promising.
In our largely insipid preseason game at Noarlunga he shifted forward in the last quarter and looked like pulling down a few marks. Got hands to a few in big packs that almost stuck.

Only amounted to some nearly moments but the way he read the ball in the air and timed his jump at the footy better than anyone else there had me excited.

The way the packs almost parted for him a thought crossed my mind briefly at the time but I didn't want to blow my load over nothing so I've been reluctant to post it...

Carey-like

When you have Lachy 'Plugger' Murphy in your team, he would displace a lot of talented key forwards in many teams.
In the pre-season game against the Power, the defenders shat themselves being one out in the goal square against Fogarty
It seems pretty obvious doesn't it.

I've been really disappointed that we haven't used Fogarty as our deepest forward more often. Heck, we use Murphy in that role more often
It's like we still think it's 2017 and we're getting quick ball movement into the F50 where having someone with some speed can help. We are slow, we need marking power up forward.

I reckon McAsey and Fog are the only two guys at the club that have any chance of taking a mark in the F50.
I hope we see McAsey up forward for the whole game
McAdam?

Polk goes ok, but we dropped him.

Always the convincing debater Scorpus ......I doubt you have any knowledge of other clubs plights compared to ours

Fancy being a MELB supporter this year .....CD saying they have a top 4 list ....and then the club trades their most potent forward

But you're right ....we are far away the worse club in the AFL .....not

Since 2018, you'd be hard pressed to argue that we're not.

After all, we've gone from a grand finalist to a side who is comparable to Melbourne and Carlton at their lowest ebb.

Nicks saying Sloane is going back inside, I guess that's why we dropped Poholke for Mackay. We've lost all sense if we go back to the Sloane/Crouch trio again, especially since Keays is starting to grow in the midfield role over the last two weeks while Sloane has been outside the contest more. Sounds like Lynch might play deeper forward as well with Tex out.

Well that's one positive. That should have happened 2 years ago.

Back