Roast Changes: R6 vs West Coast, 2020 - What the * are we doing?

Winner & Ins / Outs?

• Total voters
Jul 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
I went back over last week and Poholke is bloody unlucky I reckon. He was barely played in the centre, his referred position but did drift forward where he is effective.

For those calling him out as being not AFL standard, how is it that Matt Crouch is still in the side? Poholke is better overhead, moves through traffic pretty well and has now got a better capacity to get the ball moving. Importantly, I don't see him kicking high ineffective kicks across his body and he doesn't handball to the guy next to him to simply move the ball.

I actually can't see why people dismiss him. I would have played him in the centre this week and dropped Matt Crouch.

I don't get it

So 0-5 in our first season of a rebuild in 20 years gets you to that conclusion?

No, but collapsing from a grand finalist to 0-5 with a percentage of 51% in 3 years does.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
I went back over last week and Poholke is bloody unlucky I reckon. He was barely played in the centre, his referred position but did drift forward where he is effective.

For those calling him out as being not AFL standard, how is it that Matt Crouch is still in the side? Poholke is better overhead, moves through traffic pretty well and has now got a better capacity to get the ball moving. Importantly, I don't see him kicking high ineffective kicks across his body and he doesn't handball to the guy next to him to simply move the ball.

I actually can't see why people dismiss him. I would have played him in the centre this week and dropped Matt Crouch.

I don't get it
100%

Poholke has been served a s**t sandwich by this club. Dropping Matt for a week was just tokenism and ignores the fact that the only time our midfield has looked halfway functional is when he wasn't in it. I find that selection (Matt over Myles) worse than DMack in tbh.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Yeah you should. The less words you type, the more sense you make 👍
images (30).jpeg

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
We haven't won a flag in that time, which is directly comparable to those clubs.
And them finishing bottom 4 in multiple occasion in that time which is directly comparable as well, imagine the supporters going through those periods which we are now finally feeling after 30 years.

When you do your quick dictionary search on a term, just double check what you are looking up had relevance to what your responding too.

You might find I've already noted above that I'd ceded the point about comparing too, it was the limiting it to teams 'because we hadn't won a flag' that I disagreed with, its trying to create strength in an argument that isn't there (or creating a fallacy ) to any reasonable or objective person.

Now, since I've managed to provide you with the final instalment of this discussion, I'll get back to gifs.

You advanced an argument that 'we are directly comparable to all clubs', i.e. that we belong to a broader group, not the confined group.

There's no fallacy in saying that clubs without premierships are comparable in being without success. They are being ranked, and grouped, according to the only metric that matters.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nicks saying Sloane is going back inside, I guess that's why we dropped Poholke for Mackay. We've lost all sense if we go back to the Sloane/Crouch trio again, especially since Keays is starting to grow in the midfield role over the last two weeks while Sloane has been outside the contest more. Sounds like Lynch might play deeper forward as well with Tex out.
I’m hoping that means Matt is getting dropped, only attended 8 centre bounces yesterday, the least of any of our main mids. Less than 70% game time too.

Back