Roast Changes: R6 vs West Coast, 2020 - What the * are we doing?

Winner & Ins / Outs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Out:
Matt Crouch - learned jack s**t from his time in the twos, he can get out for at least a month
Laird - zero impact stat padding hack. Get out for a month or more
Murphy - not AFL standard
Walker - finished. Someone needs to be dropped for Fogarty and it's not going to be Frampton
Kelly - a s**t footballer

In
Schoenberg - I can guarantee without seeing him play this year that he won't hospital handball it to his flat footed brother
McPherson - time to get him in
Stengle - finally a small forward with goal sense
Fogarty - let's hope he's back because Tex is offering us nothing
McAsey - why did we drop this bloke only to clog our backline with two hacks (Hartigan and Kelly)?

Last edited:
Out:
Matt Crouch - learned jack sh*t from his time in the twos, he can get out for at least a month
Laird - zero impact stat padding hack. Get out for a month or more
Murphy - not AFL standard
Walker - finished. Someone needs to be dropped for Fogarty and it's not going to be Frampton
Kelly - a sh*t footballer

In
Schoenberg - I can guarantee without seeing him play this year that he won't hospital handball it to his flat footed brother
McPherson - time to get him in
Stengle - finally a small forward with goal sense
Fogarty - let's hope his back because Tex is offering us nothing
McAsey - why did we drop this bloke only to clog our backline with two hacks (Hartigan and Kelly)?
I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

In - Out
McAsey - Hartigan
McPherson - Kelly
Sholl - Laird
Schoenberg - Mrouch
Davis - Sloane (inj)
Fogarty - Walker
Stengle - Murphy

B: Brown, Talia, McPherson
HB: Doedee, McAsey, Hamill
C: Smith, Keays, Schoenberg
HF: Lynch, Fogarty, Davis
F: McAdam, Frampton, Stengle
R: O'Brien, Brouch, Jones
I: Sholl, Polholke, McHenry, Crocker

Agree Nicks took a step back today. I wonder if Hart is a witch and has a Crouch Crouch spell making them unmovable. We also have the disadvantage of not knowing how our new recruits go in the 2’s.

We are really struggling to score and having a full time small forward who has kicked 1 goal for the season so far is not helping. Even if he is underdone, Stengle should be coming in.

I also think Tex is actively harming our forward line.

He's not marking the football inside 50
He's not marking the football when we bail out of defensive 50
He's not bringing it to ground
He's not applying any defensive pressure
He's not assisting our structure with leadership
He's not getting involved with score chains (he's had 4 score involvements total in 3 of the last 4 matches)
He's just clogging it up and impacting the ability of our other forwards to get to business

I also think Tex is actively harming our forward line.

He's not marking the football inside 50
He's not marking the football when we bail out of defensive 50
He's not bringing it to ground
He's not applying any defensive pressure
He's not assisting our structure with leadership
He's not getting involved with score chains (he's had 4 score involvements total in 3 of the last 4 matches)
He's just clogging it up and impacting the ability of our other forwards to get to business
Don't think he'll play next week

Out:
Walker
Murphy
Kelly
Hartigan

In:
Fogarty
Stengle
McPherson
McAsey

Schoenberg in the following week. Not a huge fan of throwing too many first gamers into AFL in the one game.
Give Matt Crouch one more game.

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird McAsey Hamill
Smith Crouch Jones
ROB Crouch Keays
Lynch Frampton Crocker
Stengle Fogarty McAdam
McPherson McHenry Poholke
Sloane

If Sloane is injured then sure Schoenberg.

Surely they can stop being half-pregnant now, need to stop wasting time and get rid of these ‘non-possession’, ‘off-the-ball players’ immediately, the obvious ones being Kelly and Murphy of course. Why they think they have the ability to carry these types in such a bad team I don’t know, non-statistical roles available for everyone at the moment there.

McPherson & Stengle the obvious replacements, also need to get Davis & Schoenberg in somehow and Fogarty when fit with Walker, Lynch and someone else phased out.

They can surely see they can’t go down this perfect in theory ‘non-blown up’ rebuild model of senior players setting the standard while you sprinkle in youth it’s just not having a positive effect as the trash way the club’s senior players play doesn’t help the young players, in fact it’s just teaching them bad habits.

Perhaps this was a litmus test for the team, Nicks has now proven that the best possible midfield on paper isnt going to cut it against a reasonably average team without their star player.

I can only hope that through the last few weeks he can see that big changes must be made.

Out: Murphy, Mrouch, Tex, Laird, Crocker, hartigan

Brown, Talia, Doedee
Hamil, McAsey, Scholl
Smith, Jones, Schoenberg
McAdam, Fogarty, Davis
Stengle, Frampton, Sloane

OBrien, Keays, Brouch

Poholke, Kelly, McHenry, Lynch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if Nicks can coach or not (I have my doubts) but if he wants to hold onto his job for longer than 2 years he needs to play more youth that can play if senior players are underperforming. Pull the bandaid off.

Out: Walker MCrouch Murphy Kelly Sloane(inj) Hartigan Crocker

In: Schoenberg Worell/Gollant McPherson/Sholl Stengle Fogarty McAsey Davis

Brown Talia Laird
Hamill Doedee McPherson/Sholl
Sloane Jones Smith
Davis Fogarty McAdam
Stengle McAsey Frampton

ROB BCrouch Schoenberg

Worrell/Gollant/Lynch Poholke McHenry Keays

Last edited:
Can I ask what Matt Crouch is doing to gather all this hate? I'm an opposition supporter and always thought he was a solid player.

He gets a lot of touches but has no impact, loves short dinky hospital handballs (often to players in a worse position), and applies no defensive pressure

Can I ask what Matt Crouch is doing to gather all this hate? I'm an opposition supporter and always thought he was a solid player.
Lacks pace and disposal has always been suspect. Not the player you want in the modern game.

He isnt under 21

He was clearly im our best today

It will be shown in the media who the keyboard warriors will argue about but this what it is

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will we really have to see Murphy for another week?
There's a good chance he'll be suspended. He's got a suspended ban hanging over him from the Barossa incident and he tipped that guy past horizontal in the tackle at the end. Not a serious incident but enough to earn a fine and activate the previous ban if the AFL are serious about the dangerous tackle rule.

Out:
Murphy (susp/omit) - Busts his gut and occasionally does a nice thing, but then undoes it all with s**t disposal and goes unsighted for 2 quarters.
Walker (omit) - Was invisible, despite for once there actually being a reasonable amount of F50 ball.
Kelly - Nothing but a depth level mid defender, time to blood McPherson.

In:
Stengle - at least offers some scoreboard potency
Fogarty - Replaces Walker if fit, if not I'd give McAsey a game up forward
McPherson - Need to find out what he's about.

There's a good chance he'll be suspended. He's got a suspended ban hanging over him from the Barossa incident and he tipped that guy past horizontal in the tackle at the end. Not a serious incident but enough to earn a fine and activate the previous ban if the AFL are serious about the dangerous tackle rule.

Will be an intersting one, pressure on the AFL to not be so "outcome" focused and to pay more attention to "the dangerous action". It slipped very much into the "spear tackle" definition, just didn't quite get his head which was lucky.

Perhaps this was a litmus test for the team, Nicks has now proven that the best possible midfield on paper isnt going to cut it against a reasonably average team without their star player.

I mean, it could be.

He has seen them fail a few times now, tried to spark Matt back with a week off, and it just hasn't worked. It certainly strengthens the case of letting Brad Crouch take FA this year and moving Matt on next year.

Back