Preview Changes: R7 vs GWS - Saturday April 30 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we give him one more week at CHF. He is due to for a bunch of contested marks and a bag of goals.

It's farcical how we (and other clubs) take the p*ss out of selection and put players in positions they have no hope of playing.

What's the point? Do they think they are fooling the opposition, or having a giggle "inside the four walls"?

Each club should just name a squad of 22 and cut the silly games.

It's farcical how we (and other clubs) take the p*ss out of selection and put players in positions they have no hope of playing.

What's the point? Do they think they are fooling the opposition, or having a giggle "inside the four walls"?

Many other clubs do it too, I’m pretty sure Hardwick did the same all through the Tigers’ dynasty

I’m not sure why coaches do it, but it’s funny nonetheless. Just as long as they don’t actually play said roles on gameday lol

Wingers need to know which side of the ground they are on, ok, but do modern day players even think that they are playing a "position"? I reckon they know which group they are in, but don't have positions at all

Wingers need to know which side of the ground they are on, ok, but do modern day players even think that they are playing a "position"? I reckon they know which group they are in, but don't have positions at all

I think they're very structured in terms of their position it's just that the traditional positions have no bearing on what they do now

I wonder if the team line up format will ever be altered?

Rnd-7-Instagram-Web-Lineup-1080x1350-.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thilthorpe got Covid.

Hinge, Fogarty, Schoenberg, Pedlar the emergencies
Probably good timing for him. Gives that knee a rest.

Many other clubs do it too, I’m pretty sure Hardwick did the same all through the Tigers’ dynasty

I’m not sure why coaches do it, but it’s funny nonetheless. Just as long as they don’t actually play said roles on gameday lol
I remember wondering why the Crows did it back in 91.

Unlike the last few weeks where we've had a massive advantage in the ruck I worry that the Preuss and Flynn combo will tip the balance back the other way, that then cascades to making it harder for our mids and that maybe a major issue for us. I think they had something like 70 hitouts to 18 from Saints Marshall.

Hopefully our all over the field improvement is enough to make up for it.

Interesting...On debut for GWS Cooper Hamilton one of Josh Rachele's best mates and Caulfield Grammar/Vic Country/AFL Academy teammate is every chance to get to play on each other with Cooper being a medium defender with elite endurance. Both country lads Bendigo Pioneers/Murray Bushrangers that boarded together at Caulfield Grammar.

Capture.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back