B Brown - Talia - Doedee
HB Hamill - Hartigan - McPherson
C Smith - Jones - McHenry
HF McAdam - Fogarty - Lynch
F McAsey - Frampton - Stengle
R O'Brien - B. Crouch - Poholke

I Keays - Crocker - Sholl - Sloane

Last edited:

I know this is the thread where everyone posts that we should drop every senior player, and play everyone in our SANFL team - but I'm a bit worried that were giving our kids more and more opportunities in key roles, and they're showing 2/5 of * all.

In: me and my wife

Good chance we’ll get tickets to go

I need to be careful what I wish for. Could be a very painful day
I've enjoyed most of the last two weeks. I'm not expecting us to get close, and without the stress of hoping to win, you enjoy the endeavour that gets shown.

I know this is the thread where everyone posts that we should drop every senior player, and play everyone in our SANFL team - but I'm a bit worried that were giving our kids more and more opportunities in key roles, and they're showing 2/5 of fu** all.
Did you watch today? Kids are the least of our worries.

I know this is the thread where everyone posts that we should drop every senior player, and play everyone in our SANFL team - but I'm a bit worried that were giving our kids more and more opportunities in key roles, and they're showing 2/5 of fu** all.

That's your take after watching the match? Really?

I've enjoyed most of the last two weeks. I'm not expecting us to get close, and without the stress of hoping to win, you enjoy the endeavour that gets shown.

Agreed thanks. I’ve been around too long to get over stressed, most of the time I’m looking to see how certain players are going regardless of the score. Back at AO will be a nice change

Laird should cop it for some of his performances earlier in the season but was fine today especially playing a different role to accomodate McPherson down back, he put in some decent effort today and actually showed some stuff that’s been missing in his game.

Others to go before him especially Jake Kelly who just s***s me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Mrouch, Mackay, Kelly
In: Poholke, Crocker, Schoenberg

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Laird, Hartigan, Hamill
C: Smith, Jones, Crocker
HF: McHenry, McAsey, Lynch
F: Stengle, Frampton, McAdam
R: ROB, Brouch, Poholke
I/C: Sloane, Keays, Schoenberg, McPherson

I really think our youth are enjoyable to watch. It’s making this season a reason to watch
I just really get frustrated with

Jelly Kelly :
He is so frustrating. Holds the attack out of defence for so long with ball in hand

Matt Crouch : Just very similar. Slow defensive and some of those handballs
The one in the 3rd I think by passed all prospects to give a huge hand ball backwards to his brother

Sloane : Rest him up . He gave a bit in the last Quarter but he is done

We didn't find out much we didn't already know.

Most older guys are rubbish, some of our kids are very good and some started to show some promise. Let's play more of them. Mackay, Laird, Matt, an injured Sloane and even Harto can all drop out.

But we won't, the Saints are rubbish away from Etihad and we will sense a win.

Laird should cop it for some of his performances earlier in the season but was fine today especially playing a different role to accomodate McPherson down back, he put in some decent effort today and actually showed some stuff that’s been missing in his game.

Others to go before him especially Jake Kelly who just s***s me.
Yep, Matt needs to go before him

Kelly and Hartigan frustrate by regularly killing momentum, but our back line is constantly under siege and I have a little sympathy for them. They crack in and try at least, they are just bound by their limited foot skills.

Mrouch and Laird with their stat padding rubbish are a far bigger concern. And Mackay just shouldn't be in the team. Sholl will get ragdolled just as well but at least he had upside.

Sloane just needs to play permanent forward. Drop him if he's injured.

Out: Mrouch, Laird, Mackay, Sloane? (if injured)
In: Poholke, Fogarty, Sholl, Schoenberg? (if ready) or Seedsman?

As much as he deserves to be dropped... there is bo way matt c will be dropped after that game..

And are the Mackay lovers happy now... each one of them should be made to write a 10,000 work essay on just exactly what is was Mackay provided in that game that a bloke like scholl wouldnt have..

Mackay was his usual pittiful self.. 16 meaningless possesions.. sholl couldve been given that game and provided just as much if not more..

Such as? Hamill and Jones showed plenty, they were two of our best and you can hardly judge McAsey with the awful delivery which McGovern and Barrass gobbled up. Stengle was poor but it was first game back, hopefully it's just some cobwebs. McPherson showed composure and McHenry had a go too, though could do a bit more.

Out:
Mackay, Sloane (inj), Laird, M.Crouch, Kelly
In:
Fogarty, Worrell, Schoenberg, Poholke, Sholl

Brown Hartigan Doedee
Hamill Talia Sholl
Jones Poholke Smith
ROB Crouch Keays
Lynch Frampton McAdam
Stengle Fogarty McAsey
Schoenberg McPherson Worrell
McHenry

Exactly what I’d like to see.. wont hold my breath tho..

Everytime i see kelly with the ball in defense holding it and taking an eternity to donanything with it I want to chuck my beer at the screen..

I really think our youth are enjoyable to watch. It’s making this season a reason to watch
I just really get frustrated with

Jelly Kelly :
He is so frustrating. Holds the attack out of defence for so long with ball in hand

Matt Crouch : Just very similar. Slow defensive and some of those handballs
The one in the 3rd I think by passed all prospects to give a huge hand ball backwards to his brother

Sloane : Rest him up . He gave a bit in the last Quarter but he is done
We haven't found a new role for Sloane yet. They've had him on the wing the last couple of games, and I just don't think that'll work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back