Preview Changes: R7 vs St Kilda - Monday 20/7 @ 7pm Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I said we would fight it out with the Suns for the spoon. I was not on my own.

I realise that in MartyWorld (similar to TrumpWorld) you can just make up sh*t and then repeat it endlessly until you convince yourself it is a fact. In MartyWorld only Marty the Magnificent predicted we would be a bottom four team .
But we aren't just bottom 4 we are the hacks of the comp dead set last, the team everyone has penciled in as a win, we are the new GC

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've never lost to GCS either, prepare for firsts!
At their best they are top 6. This is not the saints team from the last couple of years. They will be smarting after giving up that game against freo. This may get real ugly.
I understand the club wants a win and the clubs natural instinct is to turn to cooked seniors to help us. I see this as a double negative. They won't help us to win and we are also not getting games into players that will help us win in the future. Club needs to own up to their list management failures and forget about futile attempts to win by playing more seniors and instead focus on developing players which they should have been doing since the end of 2017. If we aren't the youngest side in the league when we are sitting at 53% the club needs to have a good hard look at itself. I'm not saying all our young players are going to be guns(as most likely a lot won't be) but we need to know which ones will be. By doing that we then know which young players are worthwhile investing more games into next year. It also gives us more information about what we need at the trade and draft. Next year starts now.

Last edited:

Before i select my side i would like to have a say with my gut feeling
I believe the Coach would be thinking i have to get a Win. This would make the Admin,Players,Supporters at ease
So i think he will call on his Experience players Gibbs,Seedsman,to return to the side for Monday Night
Out Sloane(inj),.....In Seedsman
Out Mcrouch.........In Poholke
Out Kelly................In Gibbs
Out..McAdam???..In Davis????
Doedee,Tallia,Brown
Hamill,Hartigan,McPherson
Smith,Jones,Seedsman
Obrien,Bcrouch,Keays
Lynch,Frampton,McAdam??
Stengle,McAsey,Poholke
Gibbs,Laird,McHenry,Mackay,Davis?????
If McAdam doesn't get up Davis
I wouldn't play Walker,Fogarty, McAdam,unless 100% Fit,
Tallia ....Captain

The majority of posters believed we were a bottom four team. A few optimists thought we might be a chance to finish 6-10th. I was hardly an orphan predicting that we were a big chance for pick one.

The series of home games have enabled the Suns to get off to a flyer but I expect them to slowly slip down the ladder from here. Melbourne are much more experienced at tanking but we need to win at least three games to get above them (not gunna happen). Sydney are a big chance to win pick two but they are two games plus percentage above us.

We are currently $1.17 hot favourites to win the spoon, Sydney next best at $8. Our only threat is the AFL changing the rules for draft picks.
Probably not that slowly, now that Rowell is injured.

Before i select my side i would like to have a say with my gut feeling
I believe the Coach would be thinking i have to get a Win. This would make the Admin,Players,Supporters at ease
So i think he will call on his Experience players Gibbs,Seedsman,to return to the side for Monday Night
Out Sloane(inj),.....In Seedsman
Out Mcrouch.........In Poholke
Out Kelly................In Gibbs
Out..McAdam???..In Davis????
Doedee,Tallia,Brown
Hamill,Hartigan,McPherson
Smith,Jones,Seedsman
Obrien,Bcrouch,Keays
Lynch,Frampton,McAdam??
Stengle,McAsey,Poholke
Gibbs,Laird,McHenry,Mackay,Davis?????
If McAdam doesn't get up Davis
I wouldn't play Walker,Fogarty, McAdam,unless 100% Fit,
Tallia ....Captain
Talia stepped down from the leadership Group. Smith, Lynch, M Crouch or Doedee will be captain as they are the 4 in the group.

Talia stepped down from the leadership Group. Smith, Lynch, M Crouch or Doedee will be captain as they are the 4 in the group.

It's a pity, Talia is the guy I respect most and would want captain right now.

So we should be prioritising him over the likes of Sholl when we are in rebuild mode?
no definitely not. But this is the problem with playing these guys to fill a hole. If they play a serviceable game, it makes it hard to drop them.

Cmon Poholke....have the next month in the midfield and show us you want it.

Disappointing? Invisible on and off field. Best news in ages, can't drop the skipper and can't keep carrying him, it's a culture killer. If you had to pick an injury and duration to get him out of the 22, a 4-5 week hand would be top of the list. I expect upon his returns he'll prove how idiotic it was to continue to play him hobbled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the reserves have a hit out at the weekend?
No one has been able to answer that. Id say not.

Its going to be hard for us to organise these now its only Port we can play against and the AFL side might play days apart so one side might not be prepared to play some emergencies for the AFL side etc.

Also add in that we cant just add outside top up players so it might be 16 a side. Need to stay healthy.

He does this... every game... and generally has three opponents hanging off him. Many of his leads get ignored.

He's been injured and a complete liability. McCasey had twice as many effective disposals on Sunday compared to Tex's season average. A 5 gamer recruited as a CHB. Leadership is what the coaches use to excuse their own inability to not continue to play out of form or injured senior players. The experience that you think Tex brings has as much value as the experience that Mackay brings.

Last edited:
Big ask for a kid, with just 26 AFL games experience, effectively playing only his 2nd AFL season.

I sincerely hope it doesn't go to Mrouch, given that his current form is more deserving of being dropped than starting with the big 'C' next to his name. That leaves Lynch & Smith, as the other members of the leadership group. My guess is that the'll give it to Lynch.

Rory is still the captain as the both girls were in our women's team. I don't think it's normal to formally appoint a successor for a 4 week period.

Sloane's captaincy this year very much in the Chapman/Fagan mould. No sign of him whatsoever.
yeah, I'm not sure that was the right choice.

I wonder if Sloane is understanding why Walsh overlooked him.

I do wonder however if seeing less of Fagan and Chapman is part of the plan. Kelly seems to be the one doing what Burton was completely incapable of doing!

Sloane's captaincy this year very much in the Chapman/Fagan mould. No sign of him whatsoever.
Don't think Rory ever wanted the captaincy. I feel he told them he wasn't going to change anything and they mistakenly accepted that. Another poor decision by the club. Anyway he wont be captain next year but I would make the decision now. Give it to Doedee and Smith Vice. Makes it easier to trade Sloane if he wants to go back to Vic. Likely a win win for both parties.

Don't think Rory ever wanted the captaincy. I feel he told them he wasn't going to change anything and they mistakenly accepted that. Another poor decision by the club. Anyway he wont be captain next year but I would make the decision now. Give it to Doedee and Smith Vice. Makes it easier to trade Sloane if he wants to go back to Vic. Likely a win win for both parties.

I'd probably hold off on the captaincy change until next season. Changing now has a humiliation aspect to it which I am very uncomfortable with, especially as I'd rather not have any reason for bad blood between us and Sloane. After all, his kid is a potential FS.

He wouldn't have taken it if he didn't want it.

Stupid comment

I'd probably hold off on the captaincy change until next season. Changing now has a humiliation aspect to it which I am very uncomfortable with, especially as I'd rather not have any reason for bad blood between us and Sloane. After all, his kid is a potential FS.
I agree on the bad blood aspect but if we are also relying on father sons we are in big trouble. My attitude is don't create situations that could potentially cause bad blood in the first place. Was Rory really the right person? If he needed to be persuaded that would have been the first sign to me that he wasn't the right person. The problem I have is that the club has issues in doing anything other than being predictable and is usually led by fan and media sentiment. They hate to do anything left of centre even if its correct. Sloane was the predictable replacement but was he the right replacement? My attitude is get it right in the first place and then changes aren't needed in 12 months. We have a knack of making decisions which need to be fixed shortly after. I guess that's what happens when you don't have the right people in positions of power.

Last edited:
Are you not concerned by dropping all the senior players that the AFL will be looking at as tanking

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Id be more concerned that with us continuing to play our seniors, like Mackay, that the AFL could see it as us tanking!..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back