Preview Changes: R8 vs Carlton - Sunday May 8, 4.10 pm ACST @ Marvel Stadium

How many changes will we make this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Like that Hammil is named on the field. This game is tailor made for him to use his weapon.

Break those line young blood. Don't give the coaches any excuse to drop you!
Yep he will definitely break the lines. Just needs to make sure he hits his kicks and when caught he doesn't hang onto the ball. Need to learn to knock it forward when a player is sweating off and use his pace to get distance. He doesn't have the strength to break the tackle and can get flung into the turf if he hangs onto it.

It’s been getting lower and is at a career low

and he was also mentioned in some stats list that his time at centre bounces is diminishing slowly

It’s quite often the next guy to get dropped re TOG , just took a few more weeks than it should have
The biggest issue with Crouch is that he hasn't been doing coalface work, a lot of his possessions have been uncontested and his clearance numbers have been relatively weak. He is not the player you want receiving the second or third possie out of congestion.

Yeah from memory Jones picked him up when he started forward and kept him really quiet, Richmond moved him to the midfield in the 2nd half and he started to get more involved. That’s my recolllection anyway.
It was one of those games where people wanted to attribute good stuff to jones.
It’s not really needed as his form since has been more than enough to keep his spot on merit.
He took a fantastic mark one on one early on Bolton, but from there on I don’t believe he was matched up much at all.

I'm just hoping to see Hamil in B Smiths spot. When he was in that attacking HB role (2020 debut I think?), he looked bloody electric!
I think that is where most will remember him
Full of confidence and no concussion concerns
He has played quite well In SANFL
Just not sure he will get that space for such plays in the big league
I really love his attack though

I'm really intrigued who is going to play the "handball 2m to a teammate about to be tackled" role now that Crouch is out
There are many especially Shoey’s handball back at Robs feet 🤣
Let’s just be positive it’s the beginning of a new era
1970crow already laced up in case our mid field gets issues

The biggest issue with Crouch is that he hasn't been doing coalface work, a lot of his possessions have been uncontested and his clearance numbers have been relatively weak. He is not the player you want receiving the second or third possie out of congestion.
I made a similar point earlier today. We talk about Crouch losing his spot to guys like Schoenberg or Berry. But for me he lost it the moment Laird entered the midfield rotation.

Laird does all that coalface work, but with more speed, urgency, forward momentum and efficiency.

Us squeezing Crouch into the rotation is fine, but not when Laird is playing in there. That's just putting 2 square pegs in 1 square hole. And unfortunately for Matt, Rory is by far the superior square peg

I made a similar point earlier today. We talk about Crouch losing his spot to guys like Schoenberg or Berry. But for me he lost it the moment Laird entered the midfield rotation.

Laird does all that coalface work, but with more speed, urgency, forward momentum and efficiency.

Us squeezing Crouch into the rotation is fine, but not when Laird is playing in there. That's just putting 2 square pegs in 1 square hole. And unfortunately for Matt, Rory is by far the superior square peg
Yep I think you’ve nailed it

Rory is just a more dynamic footballer than Matt is, at this point. Seems to play the game at a faster pace - looks for options quicker when in link-up chains, tackles harder and with greater effect, more ‘on the move’ at stoppages. All the while being an effective clearance extractor

Now, both Keays and Laird are being made to look less effective than they can be due to the current lack of midfield balance, but there’s absolutely space for the two of them in the rotation - they’re both very good players. Crouch, on the other hand - I’m not sure if there’s a place for him, given the midfield balance we need to achieve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, another suck on the bong, and here's how we finish the weekend in the top 8:

GWS beat Geelong by 104 points - 4 wins 100%
Richmond beat Collingwood by 62 points - 4 wins huge %. Collingwood 4 wins 100%
Dogs lose to Port - 3 wins
Hawthorn just beat Essendon - 4 wins 96%
Crows beat Carlton by 83 points or more - 4 wins 100%+

7th Rich 4-4 125%
8th Ad 4-4 100.1%
9th Geelong 4-4 100%
10th CWD 4-4 100%
11th Haw 4-4 96%

I really, really, really hope Matt Crouch was not dropped midweek but rather the instant he blindly kicked around the corner in the second half straight to a Giant with no Crow within 50m.
Laird does it about 5 times in every single game he plays.. And he doesnt get dropped.

So it couldnt have been for that..

Yeah from memory Jones picked him up when he started forward and kept him really quiet, Richmond moved him to the midfield in the 2nd half and he started to get more involved. That’s my recolllection anyway.
Correct.

Next time Jones should follow Botlon into the midfield...

OK, another suck on the bong, and here's how we finish the weekend in the top 8:

GWS beat Geelong by 104 points - 4 wins 100%
Richmond beat Collingwood by 62 points - 4 wins huge %. Collingwood 4 wins 100%
Dogs lose to Port - 3 wins
Hawthorn just beat Essendon - 4 wins 96%
Crows beat Carlton by 83 points or more - 4 wins 100%+

7th Rich 4-4 125%
8th Ad 4-4 100.1%
9th Geelong 4-4 100%
10th CWD 4-4 100%
11th Haw 4-4 96%
You could write your own ticket with these outcomes...

Back