Preview Changes: R8 vs Carlton - Sunday May 8, 4.10 pm ACST @ Marvel Stadium

How many changes will we make this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m in no way against the changes, but it does really show that we are playing to a fairly rigid structure and if you’re stuck in the 2’s you are really waiting for specific players in roles similar to yours to get injured or go way out of form before you get a chance.

Eg we are a one ruckman team. No matter how good a form Strachan is in, his only hope is for ROB to get injured or have 10 games in a row of zero possessions.

More dumb when you realise they are going to Play Hately in McHenry's position
Wouldn't mind if Berry, Keays roll through that half forward spot and give Hately a few CBA's. That said, Rowe would be a better fit this week and showed on the weekend that he can run just fine down the field and through the middle if required. I'd probably rather drop Murph to be honest.

So Burns said we will see more variations in the CBA so I am excited by that.

I want to see Hatley in there especially, but Shoey back is also great.
Looks like we thought we were better than we were and were pushing for the 8. The GWS game gave us a reality check so now they realise they need to develop the midfield because our current midfields not good enough to get us in the 8 anyway.

Looks like we thought we were better than we were and were pushing for the 8. The GWS game gave us a reality check so now they realise they need to develop the midfield because our current midfields not good enough to get us in the 8 anyway.
That would be disappointing if true. But I think you aren't far off.

Makes sense, why up until now was it crucial we had a midfield stacked of senior players but not now?

We are short Sloane now Crouch.
No I agree with you.

Still really disappointing it took an injury and form so bad that supporters were sledging Crocuh for them to make the change.

No I agree with you.

Still really disappointing it took an injury and form so bad that supporters were sledging Crocuh for them to make the change.
Has the club really changed that much from 2019?
The personnel is different because list management got involved to the point where we had to play youth.

But as soon as there was a few senior players to be first picked they reverted to the old “older is better” culture.

Sloanes injury and Crouch being omitted gives us a chance to get some valuable midfield minutes into Berry and Shoenberg. I hope we will see a rejuvenated Shoenberg this week.

We just need to sneak Pedlar into the rotations/half forward line. I think he is the type that would really benefit from a continued run and eventually displace a Mchenry/Murphy type in the next year or so.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s disgraceful that we have once again taken the easy option and chosen to field such an experienced team.

We have EIGHT Players with 50+ games in our 22 compared to a meagre 16 by the baby blues. FFS we even have THREE players with more than 100 games under their belt (Tex, Laird and Brown).

If we had only dropped ROB and Brownie we would have beaten the World Record for sub 50 game players.

If we lose this match it was lost at selection.

It’s disgraceful that we have once again taken the easy option and chosen to field such an experienced team.

We have EIGHT Players with 50+ games in our 22 compared to a meagre 16 by the baby blues. FFS we even have THREE players with more than 100 games under their belt (Tex, Laird and Brown).

If we had only dropped ROB and Brownie we would have beaten the World Record for sub 50 game players.

You craving some attention?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Pathetic. Should have dropped ROB. You're correct.

Yep. Pathetic. Should have dropped ROB. You're correct.
If you check my pre-selection comments you will notice that I suggested that we drop Crouch, ROB and Brown. Individually each of these changes are justified.

What I didn’t expect was we would drop Crouchy and not recall Milera. I like the changes but I am realistic that we could be in for a belting.

Last season we gave double the games to sub-50 game players compared to the AFL average. We were 50% higher than the second highest team. Nevertheless the usual suspects on this site were like 2 year olds at Xmas after opening their 20th present “whaaaa is that all, I want MORE”

If you check my pre-selection comments you will notice that I suggested that we drop Crouch, ROB and Brown. Individually each of these changes are justified.

What I didn’t expect was we would drop Crouchy and not recall Milera. I like the changes but I am realistic that we could be in for a belting.

Last season we gave double the games to sub-50 game players compared to the AFL average. We were 50% higher than the second highest team. Nevertheless the usual suspects on this site were like 2 year olds at Xmas after opening their 20th present “whaaaa is that all, I want MORE”
I'm not surprised because I watched Milera in the SANFL.

It might be less boring when you say this every week if it has ever been a true or fair point

Back