Preview Changes: R8 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I would compare our team selections this week against our GF opponent by games played.

Richmonds team this week by games played.

2, 3, 4, 6, 13, 16, 27, 28, 34, 39, 44, 61, 78, 83, 83, 94, 102, 148, 158, 163, 230, 269.

Adelaides

2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 15, 27, 27, 36, 37, 90, 104, 105, 115, 146, 150, 157, 174, 193, 195, 222.

Adelaide 11 players with more than 100 games vs Richmonds 6
Both teams playing 11 under 50 games.
Adelaide has 1 player between 37 and 104 games experience (B Crouch) Richmond have 8.

I thought I would compare our team selections this week against our GF opponent by games played.

Richmonds team this week by games played.

2, 3, 4, 6, 13, 16, 27, 28, 34, 39, 44, 61, 78, 83, 83, 94, 102, 148, 158, 163, 230, 269.

Adelaides

2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 15, 27, 27, 36, 37, 90, 104, 105, 115, 146, 150, 157, 174, 193, 195, 222.

Adelaide 11 players with more than 100 games vs Richmonds 6
Both teams playing 11 under 50 games.
Adelaide has 1 player between 37 and 104 games experience (B Crouch) Richmond have 8.
And that’s why Richmond are still finding ways to win with a depleted side right now, that’s very damning.

Decided to watch the presser in full and Nicks expanded further on Matt... mentioned that metres gained don’t matter for Matt’s role and he’s got an amazing ability to win ball inside and that ‘weapon’ is what he hopes to see come back. Also said he’s the ultimate professional 🙃. No follow up questions about whether it’s the role of an inside mid to have no centre clearances or inside 50s, but unfortunately SA journos don’t tend to ask any hard questions.

Nicks said metres gained don’t matter for Matt’s role and that he’s got an amazing ability to win ball inside and that ‘weapon’ is what he hopes to see come back. Also said he’s the ultimate professional 🙃. No follow up questions about whether it’s the role of an inside mid to have no centre clearances or inside 50s, but unfortunately SA journos don’t tend to ask any hard questions.

Matt's amazing ability to win the inside ball amounted to 3 ground ball gets and a complete destruction at center bounce

So much for that "weapon"

Matt's amazing ability to win the inside ball amounted to 3 ground ball gets and a complete destruction at center bounce

So much for that "weapon"
Yep, it’s not like Nicks is incorrect but the player he’s talking about hasn’t been seen in one game this season and is negatively impacting our ability to win critical clearances. He’s also contributing absolutely zilch to any scoring chains. It’s clear they think the form slump is temporary, but I’m not so confident.

Yep, it’s not like Nicks is incorrect but the player he’s talking about hasn’t been seen in one game this season and is negatively impacting our ability to win critical clearances. He’s also contributing absolutely zilch to any scoring chains. It’s clear they think the form slump is temporary, but I’m not so confident.

Agreed. It’s a tough ask given the state of the side he has inherited. But he basically has B. Crouch, M. Crouch and R. Sloane. At what point does he have to take responsibility for failure. They don’t even look remotely close to breaking even. He has excuses in other parts of the ground, but it’s a former AA midfield at his disposal.

In a way he's right about Matt. If he can dish the ball out constructively to his outside runners, and hit decent 20-30m passes by foot his metres gained are still low but the impact is significant.

Like he did in 2017.

He's not doing that currently.

Nicks backing in Matt at his presser today, said they’ve looked the vision carefully from the Saints game and he’s aware of what he needs to improve on and that they expect him to respond as he’s a class player. That’s all well and good, but why can’t he do that in the scratch matches?

What was the point of even ******* dropping him in the first place?

We might as well have gone into 2020 without a senior coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to watch the presser in full and Nicks expanded further on Matt... mentioned that metres gained don’t matter for Matt’s role and he’s got an amazing ability to win ball inside and that ‘weapon’ is what he hopes to see come back. Also said he’s the ultimate professional 🙃. No follow up questions about whether it’s the role of an inside mid to have no centre clearances or inside 50s, but unfortunately SA journos don’t tend to ask any hard questions.
Matt's opponent has been winning more of the ball & doing much more damage.

Why are we going in so tall when Essendon only have 1 tall forward & a medium?

You would think we were playing West Coast.

Whislt I'm ok dripping Kelly, this is the week we are better off with another medium or small not a tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back