Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy is competitive around the ball and is a natural defender. And you’re wrong, again, playing Smith there to the conclusion of his career whilst injured and out of form is dumber. Murphy still has another year on his contract, maybe he’ll become AFL 22 quality playing behind the ball. Smith won’t.

His little legs can't cover the ground. He butchers the ball when he gets it in space. He is 174cm so who is he gonna defend? The players his height will burn him for pace at AFL level.

This is what you said about his extension -

Murphys’ last extension was worse than Nix.

Yet you are suggesting we play him in the backline because he has a year to run on his terrible contract extension.

I am happy for Smith to come out - but not for bloody Lachlan Murphy.

I have watched all of Curtin’s games this year and imho his best position at this stage of his career is to be the third tall in defence. Butts and Keane will take Marshall and Dixon and then Curtin will take the next tallest Pear forward.

This puts more pressure on Josh Worrell, who has been playing superbly as the third tall defender but it will allow Daniel to use his strengths as an intercept marker and we can use him as the player to rebound the ball out of defence. In the Twos we have been trying to get the ball in his hands because he has a very damaging kick out of the D50/into the F50.

In the long term a move into the midfield would be the best result for us but even the amazing Nick Daicos played his first season as a defender. At this stage Curtin has only played a handful of games in the midfield and I am not aware that he has ever played on the wing. He could be switched forward if there is a chance for him to stretch the Pear defence but I doubt it.

I think Daniel slipped to pick 8 in the draft because no one (apart from the Eagles) were certain how they would use him. I think he was a total gift at Pick 8 but we shouldn’t expect too much from him in his first season. He is still pretty raw and is less AFL ready than some of the top midfielders picked up in the draft.

Thanks Nicksy.

That's poor thinking on your part Clubs will work it out just as we will

He slipped to 8 because other clubs had other priorities and concerns
If he ends up the second best player from the 2023 draft (and I think this is a real possibility) then a few clubs will have egg on their face. The other players selected (e.g. I am thinking about The Wizard Watson) could be played from round one but imho they do not have the upside of Curtin.

No point arguing since we won’t know for a few years.

His little legs can't cover the ground. He butchers the ball when he gets it in space. He is 174cm so who is he gonna defend? The players his height will burn him for pace at AFL level.

This is what you said about his extension -

Yet you are suggesting we play him in the backline because he has a year to run on his terrible contract extension.

I am happy for Smith to come out - but not for bloody Lachlan Murphy.

Well, he’s here now and I’m only comparing him to Smith, you know, the only other player in the equation. But context has never been a strong suit of yours. If you’d prefer to watch Smith limp to retirement in the 1s then that’s on you. We played Parnell there whose disposal was overrated and nowhere near the competitor that Murphy is.

I’d delist Murphy right now, but if him and Smith are the only guy players and we’ve got 1 spit in the 22, I’m picking Murphy. We might get a a few spot pick upgrade at the end of the year if he happens to go ok. Smith, there’s no hope of anything.

Ha ha ha. What a brilliant response.

Well isn't that just silly. Why allude to a secret source at all?

I ain't goading you.

It was you that declared that Murphy was 100% in and that Matty Wright was lying to the press so the club could justify his inclusion. And then that Curtin was 100% not playing. You got them wrong. Why allude to a secret source at all?

So you don't want to clarify where Curtin is going to play this weekend because its not appropriate to share in the public domain? But you are happy to declare that a player that has played all over the footy field over the past 24 months could lineup somewhere surprising. Ha ha ha ha.

A coach talking up a player on his team. This is definitely interesting. Very interesting.

Ha ha ha. What a brilliant response.

Well isn't that just silly. Why allude to a secret source at all?

I ain't goading you.

It was you that declared that Murphy was 100% in and that Matty Wright was lying to the press so the club could justify his inclusion. And then that Curtin was 100% not playing. You got them wrong. Why allude to a secret source at all?

So you don't want to clarify where Curtin is going to play this weekend because its not appropriate to share in the public domain? But you are happy to declare that a player that has played all over the footy field over the past 24 months could lineup somewhere surprising. Ha ha ha ha.

A coach talking up a player on his team. This is definitely interesting. Very interesting.
It’s interesting that you’re the one carrying on like a pork chop on this? Is it because you don’t have anyone on here who wants to have private conversations with you? Is that the real reason you’re pressing me on this?

You can have a conversation with someone without it being a secret source. From that conversation we discussed a number of topics and a) one wasn’t Murphy. My reaction to Wrights comments were my own interpretation based on the bullshit opinion Wright gave on Murphy’s game and our history of bringing Murphy straight back in. I even posted later in the thread that I was unsure if Murphy would come in but if he did it would be to replace McHenry. They preferred to keep one spud over the other. I was wrong.

As for Curtin we discussed Curtins development and where the club had been playing him. Discussion then went to where he would fit in if they brought him against Port, from that conversation it didn’t seem that there would be an appropriate match up for Curtin, hence my comment. Note I argued against this. I was wrong that they wouldn’t play him but right that we should, maybe you should thank me ;)

There was other stuff we discussed too but I’m not going into any of that.

I hesitated whether I should share the contents of the conversation on here, I decided not to because of this type of reaction I got from you and from others when anyone posts some info. The mistake I made was actually sharing any of it, I should have just stuck to my original position and kept all of it private.

I have watched all of Curtin’s games this year and imho his best position at this stage of his career is to be the third tall in defence. Butts and Keane will take Marshall and Dixon and then Curtin will take the next tallest Pear forward.

This puts more pressure on Josh Worrell, who has been playing superbly as the third tall defender but it will allow Daniel to use his strengths as an intercept marker and we can use him as the player to rebound the ball out of defence. In the Twos we have been trying to get the ball in his hands because he has a very damaging kick out of the D50/into the F50.

In the long term a move into the midfield would be the best result for us but even the amazing Nick Daicos played his first season as a defender. At this stage Curtin has only played a handful of games in the midfield and I am not aware that he has ever played on the wing. He could be switched forward if there is a chance for him to stretch the Pear defence but I doubt it.

I think Daniel slipped to pick 8 in the draft because no one (apart from the Eagles) were certain how they would use him. I think he was a total gift at Pick 8 but we shouldn’t expect too much from him in his first season. He is still pretty raw and is less AFL ready than some of the top midfielders picked up in the draft.
Do you think it would have harmed Curtins development to have played a quarter or 2 in the SANFL as a midfielder?

It’s interesting that you’re the one carrying on like a pork chop on this? Is it because you don’t have anyone on here who wants to have private conversations with you? Is that the real reason you’re pressing me on this?

Ouch George. I am here for the footy talk and robust back and forth mate. I am a little hurt that I am not a part of your secret group that you share your 100% wrong predictions with.

You can have a conversation with someone without it being a secret source. From that conversation we discussed a number of topics and a) one wasn’t Murphy. My reaction to Wrights comments were my own interpretation based on the bullshit opinion Wright gave on Murphy’s game and our history of bringing Murphy straight back in. I even posted later in the thread that I was unsure if Murphy would come in but if he did it would be to replace McHenry. They preferred to keep one spud over the other. I was wrong.

As for Curtin we discussed Curtins development and where the club had been playing him. Discussion then went to where he would fit in if they brought him against Port, from that conversation it didn’t seem that there would be an appropriate match up for Curtin, hence my comment. Note I argued against this. I was wrong that they wouldn’t play him but right that we should, maybe you should thank me ;)

There was other stuff we discussed too but I’m not going into any of that.

Thats a lot of words - when you could have just left at the 3 I bolded.

I hesitated whether I should share the contents of the conversation on here, I decided not to because of this type of reaction I got from you and from others when anyone posts some info. The mistake I made was actually sharing any of it, I should have just stuck to my original position and kept all of it private.

We are finally in agreement. So where is the super interesting role they are gonna play Curtin?

nah man, share George Kramer 🥺 we love info, rumours, made up crap, who cares! As long as it's fun!

I reckon they're responding so much, because you got 1 wrong, that's all. They got a few wrong recently and been called on it, so just getting 1 back.

It's fun, and like part of the point of this forum, to pit our footy opinions against each other, and see who's right.

nah man, share George Kramer 🥺 we love info, rumours, made up crap, who cares! As long as it's fun!

I reckon they're responding so much, because you got 1 wrong, that's all. They got a few wrong recently and been called on it, so just getting 1 back.

It's fun, and like part of the point of this forum, to pit our footy opinions against each other, and see who's right.
Things have turned for the better since Louie the fly has taken control of Matty's frontal cortex!
arjan-singh-gabri-push-up.gif

Things have turned for the better since Louie the fly has taken control of Matty's frontal cortex!
lol, I wish I understood any of this, I feel like it's funny but I don't get it. I'm sorry, maybe it's the legal & cheap weed over here... wrecks the brain

lol, I wish I understood any of this, I feel like it's funny but I don't get it. I'm sorry, maybe it's the legal & cheap weed over here... wrecks the brain
If you can't remember pissing your pants, is that a bad thing?

Worrell???

He takes the third.

Curtin then roams free to to his thing. If Finlayson plays though then Port have four talls. Then Curtin will have to take Georgiades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I’ll cry if we throw curtin to the wolves down back on a tall.
They've already said that he won't be doing that. The implication was that he will be playing on medium/small forwards, with some possibility of short periods on a tall if necessary.

I would rather have him being a free-range player going where he feels like.

I was shocked when Warren G and Timmy said this week, Marshall's forward craft was elite... it's just his confidence that is the problem
Pffft, Marshall is only effective when his opponent is a foot shorter than him.

I've never understood what all the hype about him is.

If he ends up the second best player from the 2023 draft (and I think this is a real possibility) then a few clubs will have egg on their face. The other players selected (e.g. I am thinking about The Wizard Watson) could be played from round one but imho they do not have the upside of Curtin.

No point arguing since we won’t know for a few years.
I wasnt arguing. I was telling you your thought process was wrong

Well, he’s here now and I’m only comparing him to Smith, you know, the only other player in the equation. But context has never been a strong suit of yours. If you’d prefer to watch Smith limp to retirement in the 1s then that’s on you. We played Parnell there whose disposal was overrated and nowhere near the competitor that Murphy is.

Looks like the old boy is up and about today. Love it.

I’d delist Murphy right now, but if him and Smith are the only guy players and we’ve got 1 spit in the 22, I’m picking Murphy. We might get a a few spot pick upgrade at the end of the year if he happens to go ok. Smith, there’s no hope of anything.

Smiths form has been off. But the only reason you play Murphy over Smith is if you want a better draft pick because we are tanking.

Smith has been poor this year, no doubt, but even at his worst he is far superior to Smurph.

And we haven’t heard any mention of the prison bars gurnsey or was it agreed it only happens for their home game?

Maybe not so bothered after we pumped them in it a few times. Wasn't there also a game that they were not so secretly going to change into it for the song after they won, but then lost? Maybe the Dawson game?

I would love a media personality to question them on why it needs to be Showdowns. That is not a traditional Showdown jumper. It's got no history with us. Why don't they wear it against the teams they won Champions of Australia games against whilst wearing it?

All we ever hear is we have no history, no tradition, are a franchise, etc. So why are we so special that we're the only ones they want to bring it out against? Is it just a petty "We're older than you"? Little brother syndrome?

heck off with it. Wear it against someone else.

What is the bet Himmelberg improves massively this year...and then goes to GWS for a third round draft pick ;)

Himmelberg will be an Unrestricted Free Agent come the end of the year, so he will actually attract a compensation pick if a club is interested.

Best we could hope for is if GWS are still keen they may offer a 3rd/4th rounder to not affect their compensation for other players like Perryman and Cummings, who are UFA's

Himmelberg will be an Unrestricted Free Agent come the end of the year, so he will actually attract a compensation pick if a club is interested.

Best we could hope for is if GWS are still keen they may offer a 3rd/4th rounder to not affect their compensation for other players like Perryman and Cummings, who are UFA's

Very
best we can hope for too is Elliott actually puts in some tantalising performances over coming few weeks that may just convince GWS (or another team desperate for a KPF/Forward ruck) to pay a bit more overs and hopefully the compo pick actually becomes tasty.

Back