Preview Changes: R9 2019 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

While he did come 11th on votes per game, he was our 4th best midfielder behind M. Crouch, Sloane and Milera. The others above him were Laird, Keath (6 games), Smith (2 games), Jenkins, Otten (8 games), Doedee and Talia

You have just highlighted why its a mistake to just use votes per game as a measurement of a players ability,
Not only with the positions they played but votes per game highlight that Keath, Smith, Otten, in the top 10. without playing 10 plus games. Even the other missed games, some in the patch the Crows were s**t, Keath 4W/2L, Otten 6W/2L, Smith was 1/1, while Gibbs was 12/10, And the Coaches give fewer points in loses,
Other W/L, Laird 12/8, Sloane 7/5, M Crouch 9/9, Milera 11/8, Doedee 11/9, Talia 9/9, JJ 12/10
Both total points and game played average can lead to incorrect judgments,

I can't quite believe that with all the other selection hot spots we have available and relevant to discuss right now, we're back to five pages straight on Dmac.

Actually, yes I can.
One day, we'll miss being aroused by the Macster...

jekyl-maxkay-gif.642745

While he did come 11th on votes per game, he was our 4th best midfielder behind M. Crouch, Sloane and Milera. The others above him were Laird, Keath (6 games), Smith (2 games), Jenkins, Otten (8 games), Doedee and Talia
Yes, I think that qualifies as “average”, good enough to hold his position,similar to Atkins for example

but I don’t think it was “very good for us in the middle”

That was never the point.. When did I mention position or game count or whether or not they could or could not be dropped? You added those parameters not me!

My point was always that there are solid players that do their role without lighting up the stats sheet or polling votes! Like DMAC. And just because they dont light up the stat sheet or poll votes doesn't make them bad players. It just means they play their role, and don't deserve to be marked down because they are not in the echelon of the top shelf A graders
And the whole point of discussion on Mackay for the last 4 years is that he is an average player who should not have built a 200 game career with us.

And your point that there are solid players like Mackay doing their role is irrelevant if these players dont get dropped annually, they are clearly doing it better than Mackay.

And the whole point of discussion on Mackay for the last 4 years is that he is an average player who should not have built a 200 game career with us.

And your point that there are solid players like Mackay doing their role is irrelevant if these players dont get dropped annually, they are clearly doing it better than Mackay.
That was never my point. You keep trying to put words into my mouth in this discussion but it doesn't make them any truer.

Anyway weren't we on a No DMAC Chat Embargo now? In my eyes this discussion is over, we disagree and thats fine, lets move onto more important and less DMAC-ish things!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was never my point. You keep trying to put words into my mouth in this discussion but it doesn't make them any truer.

Anyway weren't we on a No DMAC Chat Embargo now? In my eyes this discussion is over, we disagree and thats fine, lets move onto more important and less DMAC-ish things!
I actually went out and forgot about moving on, play on

I think its true

Knight has hit the scoreboard on couple of occassions however aprt from that he has offered little .

With that said he is not a pressure forward, needs to play as a tagger or bust IMO

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without seeming to be overly picky, why do you post your comments above the post you are quoting? It makes it harder to follow

Any chance that the sanfl showdown is on live then, followed by the delayed AFL telecast?

That'd be a splendid afternoon/evening.

Edit,: Yep double header, you beauty.

Watch the SANFL Showdown whilst obsessively following AFL livescores at the same time IMO. I don't think I could last a 3 hour wait for a delayed telecast.

Might be a good thing in the long run to give Matt a rest. Has looked pretty beaten up by the end of the season last few years.

I expect Brad to get 40+ though without his brother getting in the way.
Or 20 without his brother giving it to him
His disposal efficiency may drop too given his Crouch radar won’t be giving a signal

What if these players don't get picked are the selectors not picking them as they wont the club to lose??????

So Ned traveling emergency.. I do like it but also means its hard to see them selecting him next week without playing this week..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back