Adelaide
You dont think we have done that

Jones was tried didnt show a great deal but enough to say he needs developing
Himmelberg
Pohlkoke
Murphy
Gooch
ROB

thats a fair injection of youth in anyones language, isnt it ? for a team as Kane McGoodwin thinks is a challenger
I'm not arguing with that, at all. I think we're doing OK for bringing in new players, for a team that is / should be in contention. Whatever you and Kane are arguing, carry on. I'm just recalling your post prior to the Showdown when you said we were rebuilding, wins don't matter, play the kids.

Gibbs would be thanking his lucky stars IMO, I think he was going to struggle to get a call up if Crouch was playing.
Selection change will be Gibbs for Mrouch.

I would also manage Eddie & bring in Jones... but doubt the selectors will.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I wonder if Jenkins finally come to the realisation he's not in our best 22? He didn't seem to fully understand what was going on a few weeks back. The vibe he was giving suggested he thought it was just a 1 week kick up the ass and he'd be straight back into the team.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wonder if Jenkins finally come to the realisation he's not in our best 22? He didn't seem to fully understand what was going on a few weeks back. The vibe he was giving suggested he thought it was just a 1 week kick up the ass and he'd be straight back into the team.
Listening to his comments pre being dropped and linking that with his 2019 form and behaviour since being dropped, its almost like the thought when he was voted in the theaderhsip group that he had made it and could relax knowing he was guaranteed a game. Kind of like players like Motlop who drop off after signing their contract

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Listening to his comments pre being dropped and linking that with his 2019 form and behaviour since being dropped, its almost like the thought when he was voted in the theaderhsip group that he had made it and could relax knowing he was guaranteed a game. Kind of like players like Motlop who drop off after signing their contract
He's not too smart if thats the case. If anything being in the leadership group should bring about more scrutiny, not less.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I feel like I want to complain about how many defenders we are carrying, but its really hard to do so when your team is #1 for scores against in the last 4-5 rounds.

But realistically we have Talia, Keath, Smith, Laird, Hartigan, Brown, Kelly and DMAC all currently playing. With guys who should be auto selections in Milera and Gibbs potentially coming back in over the next 2 weeks...

I hate to mess with a winning formula, but lets not bury out head in the sand, its getting awfully crowded back there. The final squeeze must be coming!

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I feel like I want to complain about how many defenders we are carrying, but its really hard to do so when your team is #1 for scores against in the last 4-5 rounds.

But realistically we have Talia, Keath, Smith, Laird, Hartigan, Brown, Kelly and DMAC all currently playing. With guys who should be auto selections in Milera and Gibbs potentially coming back in over the next 2 weeks...

I hate to mess with a winning formula, but lets not bury out head in the sand, its getting awfully crowded back there. The final squeeze must be coming!
The defence has been tight as a drum which is great

Are we generating scores from the back half too? Does anyone have that data? I wonder how we compare to other clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
The defence has been tight as a drum which is great

Are we generating scores from the back half too? Does anyone have that data? I wonder how we compare to other clubs
By the eye test I would say we are mainly generating scores from the stoppages/turnover more then the slingshot from defense.

The fast rebound footy of 2017 seems to be a thing of the past.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks, knew it was a ******** article. I don’t mind hanging **** on Jenkins for stuff he deserves but the comments attributed to him were just so inconsistent with what’s already been said it had to be crap.
'Journalists', in inverted commas because most of them are anything but journalists, should be fined and flayed for writing this kind of s**t.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

To be fair, that's what we do to everyone else.

We're the kings of the one-week-drop-and-rebound-into-the-firsts

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

Sure but most of our senior players show they are a step above SANFL when they get dropped. JJ goes back to the reserves and looks every bit SANFL standard and not even in the best players there.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

I have a feeling that the selection committee might have finally had their eyes opened though. IMO we have been fortuitous to lose Sauce and Douglas for stints at this point of the season, and although it was a dagger to the heart of fans, you could say that embarrassing loss to North could end up being a blessing, because it forced us to make a decision on JJ.

Make no mistake if we eaked out a win against North JJ would still be playing and we wouldn't know what we have in Berg right now.
If Sauce didn't hurt his knee O'Brien would still be in the 2's no matter how poorly Sauce played.
Dougy was a guy without a role, but if he was fit I have zero doubt we would be persevering with him at all costs.

The writing is on the wall that blooding youth is giving the group energy and yielding positive results. And the next step is not to go back into our shells, but to double down!

We have boat loads of experience in the side, selection should come from talent + form only now. But if it comes down to a guy with 15 games left in vs a guy with 10 years left in him, Go Youth!!

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have a feeling that the selection committee might have finally had their eyes opened though. IMO we have been fortuitous to lose Sauce and Douglas for stints at this point of the season, and although it was a dagger to the heart of fans, you could say that embarrassing loss to North could end up being a blessing, because it forced us to make a decision on JJ.

Make no mistake if we eaked out a win against North JJ would still be playing and we wouldn't know what we have in Berg right now.
If Sauce didn't hurt his knee O'Brien would still be in the 2's no matter how poorly Sauce played.
Dougy was a guy without a role, but if he was fit I have zero doubt we would be persevering with him at all costs.

The writing is on the wall that blooding youth is giving the group energy and yielding positive results. And the next step is not to go back into our shells, but to double down!

We have boat loads of experience in the side, selection should come from talent + form only now. But if it comes down to a guy with 15 games left in vs a guy with 10 years left in him, Go Youth!!

So do betts and tex get cut because lets be honest both are having bad years and have no form how many decent games have they played out of the 8

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

Still can't believe he was put in the leadership group to start with.

It is still player voted? 50/50?

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
So do betts and tex get cut because lets be honest both are having bad years and have no form how many decent games have they played out of the 8
If they play poorly, sure. I'd be fine with giving Fog and Stengle games in their stead if they were banging the door down and Tex and Betts slumped to the point where they are hurting the team.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If they play poorly, sure. I'd be fine with giving Fog and Stengle games in their stead if they were banging the door down and Tex and Betts slumped to the point where they are hurting the team.

Fair call, I would say both have been hurting the team but have been given the benefit of their reputation, which is also a fair call

But if you take your attitude reputations don't come into it, so realistically Tex should have seen himself cut already before playing two half decent games.

But lets be honest Fog in for Tex will see us with zero chance this year, it will develop Fog which is good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back