Preview Changes: R9 2019 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I said he had an ability to run both ways and was harder at it that seedsman

Are you disputing that, pretty sure he wasn't known for his hardness at Collingwood
I'm definitely disputing that, and in no way am I disputing DMacs toughness

By the eye test I would say we are mainly generating scores from the stoppages/turnover more then the slingshot from defense.

The fast rebound footy of 2017 seems to be a thing of the past.
It is gone.

Which is why Jenkins is struggling.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I reckon the coaches would encourage him told hold the ball and take people on because he is a natural at it.
I used to be a Rat fan, until I saw clearly how contact-averse he is. You cannot play AFL football well without bumping/tackling oppo players. It's like a pie with sauce. The sauce is not the whole meal, but the pie's not complete without it.
At one stage in the 2nd quarter vs PA, relative to your quote, he had the ball in the clear between the HB flank and wing, grandstand side. Under no pressure. He held the ball, ran, looked, did not bounce although he had clear air, picked his target, and ...
... kicked it smack out on the full, well wide. *slaps forehead* :drunk:
Clangers like that, eg when he kicks directly to an oppo defender are effort-drainers, momentum-breakers.
Every now and then he bobs up and kicks a bullet goal on that terrific left leg, but I won't mind if he's dropped.
Yeah, I know, won't happen.

I used to be a Rat fan, until I saw clearly how contact-averse he is. You cannot play AFL football well without bumping/tackling oppo players. It's like a pie with sauce. The sauce is not the whole meal, but the pie's not complete without it.
At one stage in the 2nd quarter vs PA, relative to your quote, he had the ball in the clear between the HB flank and wing, grandstand side. Under no pressure. He held the ball, ran, looked, did not bounce although he had clear air, picked his target, and ...
... kicked it smack out on the full, well wide. *slaps forehead* :drunk:
Clangers like that, eg when he kicks directly to an oppo defender are effort-drainers, momentum-breakers.
Every now and then he bobs up and kicks a bullet goal on that terrific left leg, but I won't mind if he's dropped.
Yeah, I know, won't happen.
Rat is an interesting one. He actually thrives on body contact offensively. His greatest asset is his ability to draw players to him, absorb the contact then dispose of the ball to a free player. He’s also an outside offensive player so his lack of tackling doesn’t really bother me to be honest. He plays to his strengths

If Matt is out which is likely as it’s now a small tear rather than just a corkie, why don’t we play Pohokle as a mid and see what he can do in the role he kills it in?

I’m guessing:

Out Galluci and Matt
In Gibbs and Pohokle

Last edited:
I’m interested in who we take as the actual emergency to Brisbane.
SANFL coming off a bye
Guys that need games into them
Those returning from injury need match practice
Interesting when you think about it
I’d take Wilson or Ned up
Should be Gallucci imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Matt is out which is likely as it’s now a small tear rather than just a corkie, why don’t we play Pohokle as a mid and see what he can do in the role he kills it in?

I’m guessing:

Out Galluci and Matt
In Gibbs and Pohokle
I did ask the question re Poholke
They will go Gibbs in for MCrouch

tumblr.gif

Suspect Crouch won't play and Gibbs will come in, but mildly surprised and somewhat happy he wasn't the first picked.

Jones looked a class above SANFL level against Norwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back