Opinion Changes R9 v Norf Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

What if the pressure is actually coming from the AFL though and not our board? Not even Nicks has a chance against that.

I thought it was odd today when he was asked about Sholl getting a game and mentioned something about him having to earn his spot, almost like he doesn’t want to be accused of tanking by saying anything publicly that could be construed as them giving games to players just because they’re young.
The AFL is your board.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

the problem with this “AFL isnt gonna look to kindly on a winless season if 1000 games worth of experience is being played in the seconds“ conspiracy theory is that 1000 games worth of experience isn’t being held back in the seconds..

gibbs is about the only AFL experienced player that hasnt been getting games and now hes in tomorrow..

Atkins has played but got injured
Knight is returning from injury
mookay has been playing
tex has only missed one game
sloane is injured
milera is injured
crocker has been playing
kelly only got dropped for one game

so who are all these blokes with tons of AFL experience we’re apparently holding back in the seconds that has the AFL supposedly concerned?.. can someone who believes this theory please name them all..

sounds like a steaming pile of horse s**t if you ask me.. probably made up and spread around by the ******* selectors at the club as reasoning for them to justify continuing to pick their little favourites regardless of how s**t their form is..

the problem with this “AFL isnt gonna look to kindly on a winless season if 1000 games worth of experience is being played in the seconds“ conspiracy theory is that 1000 games worth of experience isn’t being held back in the seconds..

gibbs is about the only AFL experienced player that hasnt been getting games and now hes in tomorrow..

mookay has been playing
sloane is injured
milera is injured
crocker has been playing

so who are all these blokes with tons of AFL experience we’re apparently holding back in the seconds that has the AFL supposedly concerned?.. can someone who believes this theory please name them all..

sounds like a steaming pile of horse sh*t if you ask me.. probably made up and spread around by the ******* selectors at the club as reasoning for them to justify continuing to pick their little favourites regardless of how sh*t their form is..
Someone changed their weed supplier,new stuff stronger

Someone changed their weed supplier,new stuff stronger
yep...

and honestly.. I’d be more worried the AFL might think we were tanking BECAUSE we playing all our experienced players like Harto, mookay, Kelly, Atkins and now Gibbs..

continuing to play these cooked hacks is like giving your opponent a 10 goal head start handicap each week..

mookay has been playing
sloane is injured
milera is injured
crocker has been playing

sounds like a steaming pile of horse sh*t if you ask me.. probably made up and spread around by the ******* selectors at the club as reasoning for them to justify continuing to pick their little favourites regardless of how sh*t their form is..
let me help you out. For example, if Mackay, Gibbs, Lynch and Tex were sent to the 2’s to play then there’s close to 1,000 games of experience running around in the 2’s. Thus why they are mostly playing 1’s. I believe that is the basis for the rumour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I can see we are pretty much playing the same team this week that pyke backed in week after week last year except for the players that exited the club and some injuries to Sloane, Bcrouch and Doedee. Likely the only reason they played youth this year was due to those that left and having no alternative.

Did Brodie actually say he is loving the Club Culture at the moment?
Remember when Neil Craig said he was loving coaching more than ever?

He didn't coach us for much longer.

Screenshot_20200731-215056.jpg

From what I can see we are pretty much playing the same team this week that pyke backed in week after week last year except for the players that exited the club. Likely the only reason they played youth this year was due to those that left and having no alternative.

Also Seedsman and Hartigan having interrupted pre-seasons and the injuries to Atkins, Milera and Knight.

You should both stop peddling a bullshit rumour. If anybody is pressuring Nicks to play mature agers, it's the idiots on our board of directors who couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag.
Yep and those same directors would have latched onto a passing comment from literally anyone querying us leaving experience in the SANFL because it aligns closely with their personal preferences.

Oooh we better pick out strongest team. Not our call, just don't want the higher ups asking difficult questions. Out of our hands. The board is fully supportive of the rebuild of course, there are just a lot of different angles we need to consider. Gibbs? Suit up. McAsey? Have a spell.

let me help you out. For example, if Mackay, Gibbs, Lynch and Tex were sent to the 2’s to play then there’s close to 1,000 games of experience running around in the 2’s. Thus why they are mostly playing 1’s. I believe that is the basis for the rumour.
Ok, so let me get this straight..

word has apparently come from ”the top” that we have to continue to play all of our most experienced players regardless of how shithouse and inconsistent they have proved to be for pretty much two years now, no matter how cooked they look and no matter how much better than them some of our youth are looking... or we may have to look into you for tanking..

yeah... sounds plausible.

It's not going to be playing/not playing "the youth" or experienced players that draws the AFL suspicion. If there were any truth to this absurd rumour, then I guarantee the first question the AFL investigation would ask is "If you are rebuilding why did you bring in players with multiple years of failure from other clubs and repeatedly play them ahead of both youth and experience?"

It's not going to be playing/not playing "the youth" or experienced players that draws the AFL suspicion. If there were any truth to this absurd rumour, then I guarantee the first question the AFL investigation would ask is "If you are rebuilding why did you bring in players with multiple years of failure from other clubs and repeatedly play them ahead of both youth and experience?"
It’s just someone with too much time on their hands with a wild imagination

Look at the Bombers just get steamrolled and we couldn't even get a win over them. Yeesh, we're bad and could have an awful wakeup call tomorrow.

We're not winning an away game this year.

We'll probably knock over some mediocre side that has given up on their season at home later in the year. Carlton and Hawthorn both possibilities.

I hope the experienced inclusions are purely to shop these players to prospective clubs and they will no longer will be on our list end of year. I can live with that in the short term if that's the case. Gibbs, Atkins, Knight, Himmelberg, Kelly. Obviously some may be delisted or retire or may need to be moved in contract. Throw in possibly shopping Lynch, Hartigan, Laird and a few others as well. Hope they all play well to impress potential suitors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back