Preview Changes: R9 v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, except I think Douglas will replace Brown and Gibson will replace Mrouch, with Galucci to replace Douglas and Murphy to replace Galucci.
We can't afford for Douglas not to play in the midfield with 3 of our best out.

No chance he plays in defence.

There's some decent rain forecast for tomorrow night.

Great opportunity to rest Jacobs and either bring in ROB or a smaller player (Otten/Jenkins to share ruck duties).

What’s the theory behind resting Jacobs to being in O’Brien, simply cos it’s wet?

What’s the theory behind resting Jacobs to being in O’Brien, simply cos it’s wet?

Jacobs is carrying an injury and is getting smashed week in week out. The Bulldogs have s**t ruck stocks so it's a great opportunity to get a game into ROB.

Send that to AA, both shows.

We cracked it on this Board at the time - again, we were right.

We went and got some inexperienced muppet with a crap resume and a terrible record, and turfed a gun to bring him in.

Really, they should sack Haas now, Burton end of year at the latest.

And where the **** is Fagan lately?
Coincidentally Burton was the High Performance guy in 2016.

Not saying he's done a great job, he hasn't, but clearly he wasn't too bad at that side of things

Well...to be honest I think we are kind of entitled.

These people have a job, in an industry, that relies pretty much 100% on people to support them. Supporters who are required to fork out $ every year to keep them in business.

I think that AFL clubs and those who run them are pretty elitist, look down their nose at the average schmo. They very easily forget it's that schmo, and thousands like him who keep the wheels turning.

you can't ask people to invest financially, then just expect those investors are just human garbage that can be swept away.

We're absolutely entitled.
We are talking about injury lists right?
Because when you mention being treated like human garbage it does sound a tad drama queeny.

if you try something and it doesn’t work - that’s a misfortune.
Names not Brett.
Shouldn't be testing stuff out at this level. Supposed to be the elite. People who know their industry intimately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 players on that list from the GF side... add Lever and Cameron and that is half the GF side we currently have out... plus Mcgovern and Milera who are best 22 now.

McGovern now?

Since his debut, when wasn't McGovern best 22?

Hell even Milera was rated as best 22 for the majority of last season, but pushed himself out of it with a hell of a slump.

So they tried some things that didn’t work.
They’re not deliberately trying to ruin our lives. The reactions here are like a group of entitled 4 year olds who’ve been told it’s too cold to go out and are lying on the floor screaming.
I fundamentally disagree with this for 2 reasons.

1. We as fans are entitled to expect that our club is doing what it says it's doing. The fans are the accountability of the club

2. More importantly, this is the players careers they're dealing with. We all jump up and down about Essendon, but using experimental but legal programs is no different. The players want to play in a premiership. If they're not good enough fair enough, but this squad is good enough. To take that away from them because we employed some half assed program that has shot their season is negligent.

It's a professional organisation, and players and fans expect and deserve them to be rigorous in ensuring best practice to achieve success.

if you try something and it doesn’t work - that’s a misfortune.
Names not Brett.

No that is cause and effect.

If they tried something and half the team were wiped out by a falling light Pylon, then that would be misfortune(and something Id probably learn to live with).

This club has so often truely suffered at the hands of lady Fortune that I find your definition of whats going on right now quite offensive.

I wonder what they should do?

Suppose they know the preseason loads are all messed up, and we’re in trouble. You can play with training now, but you’re at the mercy of the gods to some extent

You still need to complete the season, damage is done, new people won’t change anything even if you could get in a new team mid season - which you can’t

You need to keep confidence of the players so you can’t throw anyone under the bus yet

What should the club do?

I’m not sure. Levelling with supporters will scare the players

Suppose they know the preseason loads are all messed up, and we’re in trouble. You can play with training now, but you’re at the mercy of the gods to some extent

You still need to complete the season, damage is done, new people won’t change anything even if you could get in a new team mid season - which you can’t

You need to keep confidence of the players so you can’t throw anyone under the bus yet

What should the club do?

The players know what’s going on better than any of us mate.

Get a new team in now, so next year isn’t a disaster as well.

What’s the saying, takes one year for fitness changes to impact?
Not sure that's correct though is it ??

I remember back in 13/14 Poulos had us all looking like Hulk, not many people we're happy then. Craigy came in in 1997, changed us around completely.

Methods have an immediate impact.

What should the club do?

I posted the other day that I knew multiple players had their noses out of joint as early as preseason last year. Im sure they arent going to be shocked by anything that comes out now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back