Preview Changes: R9 vs Brisbane - Saturday May 14, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Will Matt Crouch be recalled this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

None of that counters playing Soligo in a position that he hasn’t performed well in at AFL level..
What an Elite comment!

Soligo’s long history of underperformance as a wingman in the AFL? He has played a total of 87 ****ing minutes in the AFL, quite a bit of that at half forward.

Don’t celebrate the second match of an exciting young Kid (I don’t count his handful of minutes as the sub against Collingwood), let’s try to find a negative.

Imho he will be an AFL wingman but I am happy to be proved wrong.

He should have come in for Sholl anyway. We're unbalanced with too many wingmen, and Dawson will now likely have to play as a tall defender.
Hinge is 1.9m & can play as a 3rd tall... but I would be playing Berg at CHB.

We need Dawson on a wing delivering to our forwards.

What an Elite comment!

Soligo’s long history of underperformance as a wingman in the AFL? He has played a total of 87 ****ing minutes in the AFL, quite a bit of that at half forward.

Don’t celebrate the second match of an exciting young Kid (I don’t count his handful of minutes as the sub against Collingwood), let’s try to find a negative.

It’s the only afl history we have to go by…..

Was a wingman or inside mid when we drafted him?

Where has played his best football for us in the SANFL?

What was the last position he played before he was recalled?

And I’m not knocking the kid or his selection so settle down Jack, I’m knocking your opinion of where he should play.

And I’m not knocking the kid or his selection so settle down Jack, I’m knocking your opinion of where he should play.
This is one of the more truly bizarre conversations I’ve seen. He’s played one and a bit games of AFL footy.

You can’t draw any conclusions from that.

Looks like he has played as a midfielder & forward. You would think we would start him off as an outside midfielder/forward... & hopefully he can become an inside midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an Elite comment!

IMHO he will be a midfielder/forward.

Why should we start him outside?
Because he is in his 1st year & doubt his body is developed enough. We have done this with most of our best midfielders. Though no issue for bursts to get a taste.

Berry, Hately & Schoenberg when he sorts out his form should be playing inside minutes.

Because he is in his 1st year & doubt his body is developed enough. We have done this with most of our best midfielders. Though no issue for bursts to get a taste.

Berry, Hately & Schoenberg when he sorts out his form should be playing inside minutes.
Take another look, he's one of the better physically developed players draftee wise we've brought in in recent years. He's not going to put on much more size, same height and weight as Darcy Parish who's in his 7th year in the system.

Take another look, he's one of the better physically developed players draftee wise we've brought in in recent years. He's not going to put on much more size, same height and weight as Darcy Parish who's in his 7th year in the system.
It's unusual for a 1st year player to play significant inside midfield minutes as it's a step up against better developed players.

By all means play him some minutes through the middle, but i doubt he is capable of playing say the rotations that Berry is

Back