Unofficial Preview Changes Rd 11 v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker in for Eagles, let him play defense, he seems more confident back there.

Keays in for Bailey, Bailey has done well but he really needs a rest/confidence boost in the 2nds.

I want to keep Rayner in, personally...And even Oscar at this stage. But they could always get Bellenden in for Oscar?

Big couple of weeks coming up. Will be very disappointing if we don’t win at least one of the next 2 games

Big couple of weeks coming up. Will be very disappointing if we don’t win at least one of the next 2 games
Would be great to win one at least although the Kangaroos and the Bombers will be very tough. We do have a string of games after the bye that are very winnable ie. Giants (H), Dockers (A), Blues (H), Hawks (A).

You're right though, if we go into the bye at 1-11 it will not seem like we have got sufficient reward (or as Fages would say nourishment;)) for effort or the improvement we have shown, 3-9 while still poor reads a lot better.

Would be great to win one at least although the Kangaroos and the Bombers will be very tough. We do have a string of games after the bye that are very winnable ie. Giants (H), Dockers (A), Blues (H), Hawks (A).

You're right though, if we go into the bye at 1-11 it will not seem like we have got sufficient reward (or as Fages would say nourishment;)) for effort or the improvement we have shown, 3-9 while still poor reads a lot better.

Games that at the start of the season seemed like a 10-20% chance we’d win seem now like about a 40% chance of us winning so it’d be pretty disappointing with we don’t win more of those games.

Good point. Why not challenge him? If he is not up to this, I would play Keays.

Totally agree we have lost about 4 games this year by not picking the best 22 players (atm), need to rest the players that are not quite there yet like Bailey and give Bastinac, Dawson, Bell, Walker, Keays and Paparone one last shot to save their careers. The worst thing for this group would to lose a large number of games in the back half of the season and destroy any progress they have made

Where is Cedric Cox at? We need his run and carry through the midfield like Tom Cutler
Not showing that much in the twos in terms of run and carry. Didn't look fast yesterday. Also not getting a lot of it. That said, he apparently had a promising game the week before with a number of hard at it, blue collar efforts that were impressive. Maybe just a down game for everyone yesterday.

Out: Eagles, Berry, Bailey

In: Allison, Lester, Keays

More mobile backline this week. McStay can seing back if required. Lester and Keays deserve another crack. Bailey hasnt done anything wrong but has had a taste now and can get back in the twos for a while and build his fame for another crack later in the year.

Im spooked by the roos, sort of hungry middle tier team that love putting a hurting on us on their home deck. Nothing of what ive seen so far at Perth stadium makes me any less concerned.

I watched some of the NEAFL game today and I can report that most of those names were pretty disappointing unfortunately. Basti missed a hell of a lot of easy targets.

I guess we have what we have - Keays was pretty decent and may come in if someone like Bailey gets the chop.

I'd still be keen to see minimal changes - maybe only one other than Eagles. I think he is a massive out as he is one formidable guy to play on.

Berry was icing a hammy yeah? We may have to make two changes. Both forced. That’s enough though I think for now. In time Ballenden for Oscar perhaps to see what he can bring.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How has corey lyons been playing, is it worth giving him a chance if berry dosent come up (may even be a good idea to rest him anyway to get that hammy right for the rest of the season). what about the beast mode. A shame payne is injured, would have been a great opportunity for him but I do think giving frost the job on brown would be a good test for him, and a good guide to his future. If gardiner was going to be charged i think we would have heard something by now, so i think he'll be right to play. Id stick with bailey n oscar, wet weather footy can make any player look ordinary, especially a young player. No other changes for me other than injuries.

I've been saying "Onya Darce" and "Nice one Darce" a LOT on game day this year. He'll be badly missed if he's out this week. Any news re MRP?

I've been saying "Onya Darce" and "Nice one Darce" a LOT on game day this year. He'll be badly missed if he's out this week. Any news re MRP?
We'll start calling you BT soon...

Totally agree we have lost about 4 games this year by not picking the best 22 players (atm), need to rest the players that are not quite there yet like Bailey and give Bastinac, Dawson, Bell, Walker, Keays and Paparone one last shot to save their careers. The worst thing for this group would to lose a large number of games in the back half of the season and destroy any progress they have made
Apart from Walker the rest of your group have consistently failed when it was their turn to go,yesterday's ressies sadly failed badly,they are going to be cleaned out as there will again be a great new draft group.

If Berry and Eagles are out, I'd be looking at:

Frost or Dawson. Purely dependant on what strategy we think is best against the North forward line. We showed last night we can negate most entries using the bionic arm of Andrews so bringing in someone like Dawson for a zoning defense may be a good idea. He is a strong mark and is quite good at rebounding. If we want to have someone manning up on Brown/Waite at all times then Frost is the logical choice.

I'd be looking at getting Mayesy back in the team but as a high half forward/wingman. Berry has been playing as an inside/forward so would adjust rotations a bit to make it work. I think Mayes deserves a shot to play in a role that has been working well for him in the NEAFL. we know he runs hard and if his confidence is back up and running there is no reason he can't find form in his 100th game.

I feel like there have been suggestions to rest Berry because of an injury after almost every game this year, but I haven't seen the club publish anything about him being injured or noticed him finishing a game on the bench so I'm not entirely sure where it keeps coming from.

I feel like there have been suggestions to rest Berry because of an injury after almost every game this year, but I haven't seen the club publish anything about him being injured or noticed him finishing a game on the bench so I'm not entirely sure where it keeps coming from.

It's an assumption people are making from footage of Berry on the bench in the fourth with his hamstring iced up. Usually indicates time on the sideline.

He's limped off the ground several times this season.

It’s pretty crazy to think the next two weeks are extremely winnable. Weird spot to be for us. :p

I wouldnt say the north game is extremely winnable.. id say we are rank outsiders, probley $4 plus. The following week you would think (despite dons good form) we would go in with a 40% chance. Agree though, its exciting going in each week with some hope of winning, we haven't had that for a while.

Last edited:

He was icing a hammy Saturday night wasn’t he?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back