Unofficial Preview Changes Rd 11 v North Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was icing a hammy Saturday night wasn’t he?

I thought he finished the game on the field, and there was no mention of him in the injuries section of match reports. Might have missed it though.

You can't risk Berry...any doubt can rest for a couple of weeks before the bye.

In: Frost, Keays and one other
Out: Bailey (omitted), Eagles (injured), Berry (managed)

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
With Eagles out, the enigma, rapped in a puzzle (I cannot remember the Churchill quote about Russia) that is Dan McStay looms on the horizon. He ain't a bad backman and has only shown glimpses when playing as a key forward. I like him down back and if Gardiner gets rubbed out, he is an obvious option to take centre half back. This is a position where McStay has shown real promise

The forward line let us down against the Swans but we were playing too tall for a wet night. I also think we cruelling McStay's development by playing him forward but the question is, "If not McStay, who else looks realistic forward option".

Probably Walker gets another chance, especially if two talls are out.

Who's looking good up forward in the Twos?

werdna78

All Australian
Sep 29, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fulham Football Club
With Eagles out, the enigma, rapped in a puzzle (I cannot remember the Churchill quote about Russia) that is Dan McStay looms on the horizon. He ain't a bad backman and has only shown glimpses when playing as a key forward. I like him down back and if Gardiner gets rubbed out, he is an obvious option to take centre half back. This is a position where McStay has shown real promise

The forward line let us down against the Swans but we were playing too tall for a wet night. I also think we cruelling McStay's development by playing him forward but the question is, "If not McStay, who else looks realistic forward option".

Probably Walker gets another chance, especially if two talls are out.

Who's looking good up forward in the Twos?
No one really standing out in the 2's. Think we only make changes due to injury.

Would bring Frost in for Eagles though, another big bodied back.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A lot depends on Gardiners suspension. Andrews should go to Brown. If available Gardiner could go to Waite and maybe Robertson could play on Wood with McStay available to swing. If both Eagles and Gardiner miss I think we'll have to play Frost on Waite.

I can't see us changing our forward setup after one bad match although North do have the key backs to handle our talls. We may want to play 3 key forwards to separate their key backs.

The only reasons why I’d drop Bailey is if he isn’t doing his role defensively or has lost confidence. He made both Sydney and Hawthorn players make different decisions with his closing speed so I reckon he’s probably doing ok defensively.

The only reasons why I’d drop Bailey is if he isn’t doing his role defensively or has lost confidence. He made both Sydney and Hawthorn players make different decisions with his closing speed so I reckon he’s probably doing ok defensively.

He's a real Pitbull. Chases like crazy. When he's got the strength and experience you can easily see him hit his potential at AFL level. The work rate is there and he's already hard to tackle due to his agility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back