Preview Changes - Rd 18 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

“Lachlan Sholl, Luke Pedlar and Billy Frampton have been omitted.“

how does that useless piece of rubbish mookay hold his spot?...
this club is a joke. hope we get absolutely flogged.
Certainly making it difficult to get behind the "rebuild"

Will Schoenberg start in the middle at least?

Narrator: Schoenberg did not start in the middle

It is a sad indictment on them.

Apart from Tex, Seed and Laird none of our guys over 28 are playing good Footy.

Keays and Kelly are young enough to be part of the future.

Smithers, Mackay and Sloane are struggling. Lynch has been bad all year.

Well Mackay is Mackay

I do think Sloane is playing now to trigger money next year.

Already missed games this year and in his third year of the five year deal.

No doubt there are games played KPIs to trigger more money in the final two years.

He couldn't play through the retina issue. But can play with his finger. His decision to play.

I reckon once he hits that number of games he needs to play to trigger more money for 22/23 we will hear he is finished for the season and will have surgery.

Take these four out and our side would actually be better right now.

Having said that I don't think we are playing them to tank. It is nepotism. In the team on name not form.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Lynch wound back the clock the first few games this season prior to turf toe and sounds like he was close to his best last week.

What I don’t understand is why there has never been any media scrutiny over a guy like Mackay playing 200 games of AFL.

It’s an insult to every other player ever to play that many games of AFL.

why can’t another club like Port do something this stupid so we can laugh endlessly at them.
We already have all the material we need to laugh at them endlessly.

3ed99574a8a9af0d0c1e048b1a147fea

David-Koch.png

Last edited:
Yeah, 14 pressure acts and ZERO tackles. What was he doing, throwing mud at them when they went past?

I think you might need to take a break from these forums, mate, you and a few others. Hating the club THIS much can't be good for your health.
I don't agree with Sholl getting dropped and McKay keeping his spot, but I do agree with your last paragraph. Some people here seem to get so worked up and emotional about selections that it can't be good for their health.

At some point we need to disregard form a bit and just pump games into them. Otherwise we are in a situation where we waste dozens of games on near certain delistee candidates every year then complain we don't have enough players with 50 plus games.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’s being strategic but that’s not how our club rolls. Back the senior boy all the way 😎

Why have we gone from 2 tall forwards/medium forwards (one of those a teenager) to 4 in one week?

Not working towards any sort of structure presumably?

Is it a bit of a shambles; only small defence for it is that we did select Himmelberg and he missed at the last minute due to illness.

So we’ve added a treacle-slow Lynch to last week’s plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we’re a little way along (but nowhere near full blown) on the tanking axis and are very far down towards complete crap on the quality of team scale.
The Mathematician in me 'liked' this :cool:.
Let's scale it from 0 to 100, both ways. I reckon the Crows are about a 40 on the Tanking scale, and about a 30 on the personnel scale, especially for fit, run-both-ways mids who can deliver the ball.
As for the latter:
--- I reckon it'd help if they imported some more experienced 22-to-26-year-olds with the same enthusiasm and endeavour as Keays, but with better kicking skills (Fog is the anti-Keays --- great kick for goal, but too lazy to capitalise on it).
--- cut off some dead weight with Frampton as the obvious choice. Also Mackay, Davis, maybe even McAsey if they're not going to play him.

I do think Sloane is playing now to trigger money next year.

Already missed games this year and in his third year of the five year deal.

No doubt there are games played KPIs to trigger more money in the final two years.

He couldn't play through the retina issue. But can play with his finger. His decision to play.

I reckon once he hits that number of games he needs to play to trigger more money for 22/23 we will hear he is finished for the season and will have surgery.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
This never occurred to me but could be near the mark. Bit of a worry if a player can effectively select themself to the detriment of the team and our salary cap.

I think we are a bad side, genuine bottom four. That is not tanking. It is where we are. Youngest side every week and few genuine A class older guys.
Refreshingly honest and realistic.
Nicks might be a people-person who can unify a group, but a Flag is built on much more than that. In 2017 and building up to it, we had the talent but not the Unity.
Nicks has got the Unity (and kudos for a quick turnaround) but without the talent, and I fear we'll be languishing bottom 6-to-8 at best under him.

Spoke to someone at the Nicks press conference. Haven’t seen it myself to be fair. But their take away was the crows see a big problem for the crows as being… playing Sloane out of position the last couple weeks. Ie. he will spend MORE time in the midfield this week. Haha. This club.

Spoke to someone at the Nicks press conference. Haven’t seen it myself to be fair. But their take away was the crows see a big problem for the crows as being… playing Sloane out of position the last couple weeks. Ie. he will spend MORE time in the midfield this week. Haha. This club.

Which goes against what Sloane said on the 5AA the other day. Rowe even suggested him getting up to half-forward more, and Sloane said they want to give more time to Harry and Sam in the middle.

What they're saying and what they're doing are 2 completely different things.

Sloane also said his finger is fine and has nothing to do with his form. He said it's like a "jarred" finger, no pain at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back