Preview Changes Rd 4 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

His back is stuffed. You can tell how he’s moving (or not moving)

Would love to know he he's getting through Burgo's famous high intensity training. Or maybe his influence when it came to selection was way overblown. Tex should be on ice until he can help us win games again, what's going on right now is as dumb as it can get. By him and the coaches.

Would love to know he he's getting through Burgo's famous high intensity training. Or maybe his influence when it came to selection was way overblown. Tex should be on ice until he can help us win games again, what's going on right now is as dumb as it can get. By him and the coaches.
I said after the open training session before the geelong game, Tex came off early and didn’t look happy, yet hes cleared to play.

Walker has commented before that with Burgess he skips training sessions as needed to manage his workloads given his age etc. He mentioned it as a big contributor to his performance last year. So I doubt he's doing any intense training.

Walker has commented before that with Burgess he skips training sessions as needed to manage his workloads given his age etc. He mentioned it as a big contributor to his performance last year. So I doubt he's doing any intense training.
If you can’t train at full intensity then you can’t play. Should not be picked again until he’s recovered and can move again.

His back is stuffed. You can tell how he’s moving (or not moving)
He can't bend over nor put 2 hands up for a mark... so how the heck did he pass fitness test?

I said after the open training session before the geelong game, Tex came off early and didn’t look happy, yet hes cleared to play.
With Thilthorpe out we played him of desperation... which effectively meant we played 1 short. Allowed his opponent freedom to be BOG.

May as well have played Gollant.

If we pick Dowling I want to see him start first bounce in the middle of the centre square!

Welcome to AFL v Gawn Petracca Oliver and Viney

He absolutely dragged us onto his back in SANFL out of the middle.
Yep play him this week. No sanfl so better he get a game.

So how would we know whether the injury is too debilitating to play with.
I'd assume there's still fitness testing and so on, plus some degree of trust in a senior player to be aware of when they can't play. I've only seen Walker's comments though.

If you can’t train at full intensity then you can’t play. Should not be picked again until he’s recovered and can move again.
There's surely some nuance between 'this player is able to train at full intensity' and 'training at full intensity is the best thing for this specific player right now'. Players should only play if they are fit enough to make a good contribution to the team but there's lots of situations where players miss training sessions during the week and still play well. As I said, Walker has commented on skipping training sessions when appropriate as being a big reason why he was able to play well consistently last year.

Ultimately I think you have to trust your fitness staff to assess the fitness of players to play, not act like it's an under-12s cricket team and you have to train to get a spot. That obviously doesn't mean that you should pick unfit players though.

Nankervis - Milera inj
Curtin - Borlase
Ryan - Hinge
Dowling - Murphy inj
Gollant - Walker Managed

Laird experience to defence.
Smith back to a wing on last chance (or we drop him for Hinge moving to wing instead... 1 needs to go)
Pedlar on last chance to sub.
Rachele & Rankine plenty of midfield rotations.

Don't play any injured players!

B: Michaelanny, Keane, Laird
HB: Nankervis, Worrell, Curtin
C: Sholl, Crouch, Jones
HF: Rachele, Fogarty, Keays
F: Rankine, Burgess, Gollant
R: O’Brien, Dawson, Soligo
I: Ryan, Dowling, Smith, McHenry
Sub: Pedlar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nankervis - Milera inj
Curtin - Borlase
Ryan - Hinge
Dowling - Murphy inj
Gollant - Walker Managed

Laird experience to defence.
Smith back to a wing on last chance (or we drop him for Hinge moving to wing instead... 1 needs to go)
Pedlar on last chance to sub.
Rachele & Rankine plenty of midfield rotations.

Don't play any injured players!

B: Michaelanny, Keane, Laird
HB: Nankervis, Worrell, Curtin
C: Sholl, Crouch, Jones
HF: Rachele, Fogarty, Keays
F: Rankine, Burgess, Gollant
R: O’Brien, Dawson, Soligo
I: Ryan, Dowling, Smith, McHenry
Sub: Pedlar

Far too logical mate, wont happen! :$

Cant wait to hear Nicks on AFL 360 shortly

I think it's minimum changes given our start. With Milera's experience out, we won't want to be missing any other guys with 100 games. Both Murphy and Tex will play, no matter how sore. Nank to half back, no other defensive changes, continuity matters. Unless Butts is right to replace Borlase. Pedlar out, Dowling in, Sholl to sub, Murphy back to full game. If Murphy is injured, Berry may return.

Cornsey on C7 news is questioning our fitness. WTF We are in real trouble if that is the case.
Stop taking him seriously!

He has nfi.

Says anything to deflect blame from Nicks.

Cornsey on C7 news is questioning our fitness. WTF We are in real trouble if that is the case.

He's all in on Nicks, so it'll be anything but him. I bet he wont specifically blame senior players either, it'll be, 'you can't expect them to keep carrying the kids, at some point the next Gen have to take ownership'. So the kids will be blamed for the seniors sucking.

Whatever changes we make can we have at least one marking forward and one crumber if we are going to bomb it long inside 50

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
We could try kicking to a leading forward rather than the opposition's CHB too...

?

We've been absolutely funking useless from the first bounce of every game

Fitness has nothing to do with it, Cornesy

?

We've been absolutely funking useless from the first bounce of every game

Fitness has nothing to do with it, Cornesy
Cornsey hasn't come into the 21st Century yet. He is a believer in a sign them early and sign them long term policy like he had in 1990. If this was in the EPL, Nicks would have lost his job ages ago. AFL is a results business just like EPL. Supporters can't take this. Our season appears gone after 3 matches.

I know the one! I heard that it was designed for a spot in Melbourne, but the client said it was too ugly and rejected the design, so the architect used it again in Adelaide 😄
20220219_200513.jpg

This doesn't just look like it's been hit by the ugly stick... it IS the ugly stick.

It is supposed to be energy efficient... I'm not sure our current gameplan, as ugly as this is, can claim to be the same?

Ps. I probably should have issued a trigger alert before posting this photo for anyone who suffers from Trypophobia. Sorry.

Last edited:
View attachment 1946526

This doesn't just look like it's been hit by the ugly stick... it IS the ugly stick.

It is supposed to be energy efficient... I'm not sure our current gameplan, as ugly as this is, can claim to be the same?

Ps. I probably should have issued a trigger alert before posting this photo for anyone who suffers from Trypophobia. Sorry.
Is it supposed to be curved?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back