Preview Changes Rd 4 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion, but I feel like I'm nearly getting as frustrated watching your midfield as you are at the moment.

It's blatantly obvious to nearly everyone except that bald campaigner of a coach that you can't play Crouch and Laird together at nearly every stoppage. Both of them are one-paced, one-dimensional—dare I say it—stat-padders. Combine that with Dawson forgetting how to football, and you have three treacle slow mids who aren't providing any effective drive out of the middle.

Fair play to Crouch, he's been OK this year, and there's room for one in and under extractor with no real hurt factor, but that's it. Laird should either be moved out to a HB flank, or down to the SANFL where he can accumulate all of the meaningless possessions he'd like.

Dawson obviously stays, but you need to surround him with some dynamic players like Soligo, Rankine and Rachele in order to give him some space to operate and do what he does best, rather than trying to operate in a phone booth.

TL;DR – the Dawson/Laird/Crouch combo should never be seen at a centre bounce. Rather than having each of them at 80%+ CBAs, I reckon you'd look a mile better doing something like Crouch 70%, Dawson 65%, Soligo 50%, Rankine 50%, Rachele 45%, Laird 20% (if that).

Hell, if Nicks insists on playing plodders who can't kick in the mids, he might as well play Keays in there, because at least he offers something defensively.

Anyway, I'll butt out. Hopefully he pulls his head out of the proverbial soon (maybe after one more week), as it's pretty plain to see where your midfield is going wrong at the moment. Have some faith in the young, exciting guys – Crouch and Laird aren't leading you to a flag.

What’s the go with Murphy’s injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the go with Murphy’s injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard it’ll need precisely a 22 week recovery timeframe, just in time for finals

white teeth troll GIF

Murray and Thilthorpe’s injuries have hurt us

we will be a much better team with both players at either end of the ground

Murray, Keane, Maxy and Worrell is a really versatile core of your defence, they are all agile and can play on different types of forwards

Tex is keeping our forwards in a holding pattern, we are so Tex centric and my theory is that both Fog and Thilthorpe will rise quickly once they have more ownership of the forward line

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murray and Thilthorpe’s injuries have hurt us

we will be a much better team with both players at either end of the ground

Murray, Keane, Maxy and Worrell is a really versatile core of your defence, they are all agile and can play on different types of forwards

Tex is keeping our forwards in a holding pattern, we are so Tex centric and my theory is that both Fog and Thilthorpe will rise quickly once they have more ownership of the forward line

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disagree. Murray and Thilthorpe's injuries have had little to no impact.

We have basically a full healthy midfield list to choose from and that's where the game is being lost right now

Even an over the hill Sloane would have that ball moving through the lines better than how it has been, im not even joking. How could it be any worse. We've got some pretty average kicks and decision makers in that team at the moment. Something Sloane is good at. He played some good games last year and the team would be better with him in it. But
the seasons gone we are ****ed it's time to play the kids. He might as well retire now.

My god, what a stupid post. Sloane is a slug, he would only make us worse.

Can't drop the young and potentially good players. It's not really their fault. A proper coach would have them all looking way better.

But the oldies should get no passes.

Unfortunately Murphy is injured so it won't look like a dropping 😕

A new (GOOD) coach would do what good coaches do when they come in, putting their stamp on this group. Retire Sloane & Smith, drop Laird, give the kids responsibility in the middle.

Delist the cloggers Murphy McHenry Sholl Berry instead of perpetually cycling them expecting it to somehow work out one day.

And only play kids we don't know enough about.

One day, if we all wish hard enough, we might just get a coach like that 😢
Good to see you took up the free avatar offer! :)

Nank for Mikera
Dowling for Jones (he’s been horrible)
We just have to play Curtin for Borlase
Cook for Murphy
Where are you playing Dowling?

If its a pocket or off the bench then why bother?

We must be brave and give him as many minutes as we can in the middle - thats his position so it must be his role

Development starts with developing players to play a position - not a fix it

Pardon the intrusion, but I feel like I'm nearly getting as frustrated watching your midfield as you are at the moment.

It's blatantly obvious to nearly everyone except that bald campaigner of a coach that you can't play Crouch and Laird together at nearly every stoppage. Both of them are one-paced, one-dimensional—dare I say it—stat-padders. Combine that with Dawson forgetting how to football, and you have three treacle slow mids who aren't providing any effective drive out of the middle.

Fair play to Crouch, he's been OK this year, and there's room for one in and under extractor with no real hurt factor, but that's it. Laird should either be moved out to a HB flank, or down to the SANFL where he can accumulate all of the meaningless possessions he'd like.

Dawson obviously stays, but you need to surround him with some dynamic players like Soligo, Rankine and Rachele in order to give him some space to operate and do what he does best, rather than trying to operate in a phone booth.

TL;DR – the Dawson/Laird/Crouch combo should never be seen at a centre bounce. Rather than having each of them at 80%+ CBAs, I reckon you'd look a mile better doing something like Crouch 70%, Dawson 65%, Soligo 50%, Rankine 50%, Rachele 45%, Laird 20% (if that).

Hell, if Nicks insists on playing plodders who can't kick in the mids, he might as well play Keays in there, because at least he offers something defensively.

Anyway, I'll butt out. Hopefully he pulls his head out of the proverbial soon (maybe after one more week), as it's pretty plain to see where your midfield is going wrong at the moment. Have some faith in the young, exciting guys – Crouch and Laird aren't leading you to a flag.
Dawson needs Crouch more than he needs Laird

I would move Laird out and give him Crouch minutes when resting

My god, what a stupid post. Sloane is a slug, he would only make us worse.
Oh my god what a stupid person, I wouldn't want him in the team, I'd rather he retired at the end of last near. My point is the team is that ****ed up he couldn't make it any worse. He did play some good games last year though, I don't care what you simple people say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back