Unofficial Preview Changes Rd 5 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people want to drop Hodge and bring in Lester or Ainsworth, do you understand the idea is to make your side better ? Every week I read this s**t he is tired or old, yeah the fact he is one of our better defenders is irrelevant I guess. Guess freo should drop Munday, Carlton drop Kade Simpson, hawks not play Burgoyne, no McVeigh for the swans, dogs should not play Morris when he available all because of when they born. They the same age or older than Hodge. Yes he may need arrest but why against a top 4 team in the league? Against one of the lower teams makes more sense doesn’t it? Yeah drop hodge and bring in Lester or a first gamer that will make us better. can’t get my head around it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So people want to drop Hodge and bring in Lester or Ainsworth, do you understand the idea is to make your side better ? Every week I read this s**t he is tired or old, yeah the fact he is one of our better defenders is irrelevant I guess. Guess freo should drop Munday, Carlton drop Kade Simpson, hawks not play Burgoyne, no McVeigh for the swans, dogs should not play Morris when he available all because of when they born. They the same age or older than Hodge. Yes he may need arrest but why against a top 4 team in the league? Against one of the lower teams makes more sense doesn’t it? Yeah drop hodge and bring in Lester or a first gamer that will make us better. can’t get my head around it.

The bloke is cooked and needs a rest and Collingwood is a quick team. He got exposed as being tired against the Dons, the Pies are just as quick if not quicker, he’s more of a liability, really needs a rest.

I’ve been following it very closely. I’d estimate there are about 700 unsold tickets left just by looking at the map. Now we have to rely on people actually attending.

Reckon the loss on the weekend might make some people decide to skip it.

IIRC Fagan and Hodge have said in all likely hood Luke wont play all 22 games, the call for him to be rested is more to do with the 5 day break and travel. Although I'm sure if Hodge tells Fagan he is right to go he'll be out there on Thursday night.

Can agree to disagree but would if we were to play cutler in the Hodge role would be interesting and not in a good way.

If he’s going to struggle with match fitness against the Pies who do you think covers him? They have so many quick and dangerous forwards - Degoey, Stephenson, Elliot, etc.

Does anything else think that Beams used his virus excuse for pulling out of last weekends game, to miss this weekends game? Willing to accept I'm wrong, but I think he's out this week because he's AFRAID😝😝

Anyway, back the coaching staff to get it right against the Pies. Changes or no changes, they just need to come out firing and start well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Mayne and Beams potentially sidelined. Should be interesting. Beams doesn't come across as the type of player to overcome booing and the lions players getting stuck into him.

I reckon the guys who liked him will want to prove how well they are going against him. Shouldn’t play if his head isnt in the right space cause it will be emotional.

Also having watched the Hipwood incident having missed it at the game I can't see him getting suspended for it. The Toby greene studs up stuff involved him directly putting the boot into a single opponent deliberately at a much worse angle (the dalhaus one wasn't actually even in a marking contest) whereas Hippy's boot is not really in an unnatural position and he also got tunnelled by Ambrose. Hard luck for Myers obviously.

Having said that I haven't been able to find the wording of the actual rule change so we are obviously susceptible to a case of MRP Lotto. But mainly I think this is just controversy being pushed for clicks and also Bombers fans being annoyed he didn't get penalised for a later sling tackle lol.

Last edited:
B: Hodge, Andrews, Gardiner
HB: Witherden, Walker, Rich
C: McCluggage, Zorko, Berry
FOL: Martin, Neale, Robinson
HF: McCarthy, McStay, Christensen
F: Cameron, Hipwood, McInerney
INT: Lyons, Cutler, Robertson, Rayner

Out: Matheison
In: Cutler

IIRC Fagan and Hodge have said in all likely hood Luke wont play all 22 games, the call for him to be rested is more to do with the 5 day break and travel. Although I'm sure if Hodge tells Fagan he is right to go he'll be out there on Thursday night.

The calls for Hodge to be dropped have come every week. We want our best team out there is all I am saying who cares how old he is. I
sure if he not good to go he will be the first to say so and that’s different that supporters wanting him dropped.

Beams played against the Pies when he came to us and it didn’t bother him, I think he’s just genuinely crook.

What’s the best ways to get to the footy on a Thursday? Usually park at King George square parking and catch the busses as it’s $5 parking.. but only on weekends! How’s everyone else getting in?
his first game as a Lion against the pies was not good.
Train from manly anyone else going on that line.

his first game as a Lion against the pies was not good.
Train from manly anyone else going on that line.
He still showed up though. I don’t think he wouldn’t show if he’s good to play.

I’ll be on route 359 and 340 I think.

No chance Gardiner gets dropped. Yes he has been a bit off the last couple of weeks, but that happens to the best of players. He will be better. He's a very reliable and versatile defender and would've won the b&f last year had he not got injured. He's a very important part of our side.
dont think people remember that last year gardiner played on de goey till gardiner did his shoulder and de goey scored no goals on him and was awful. Only came good once gardiner was off injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back