Prediction Changes Rd 6 vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

With a genuinely healthy list, two telling signs we are not genuine Premiership contenders

Sutcliffe is a possible IN
Rocky, a living, breathing human sloth like creature is still in the mix

Anyone have stats on the amount of times Ken has made forced changes to a winning team?

And further, how many times he’s made those changes that didn’t relate to bringing back a player from injury?

This year should be about getting games into the kids that will make up our next premiership side, ready for our next premiership coach.
Insetad we are stuck with Hinkleyball, and have a bench of Mayes, Rockliff and Sutcliffe. FFS.
This is such bull rap, it's not funny! Regardless what a bunch of clogs here want to believe, we are league leaders at this point, and up until last week had been leaders in every area, playing some of the best footy out there. Yet now it's "dick it all in and play the young guys." Rubbish!

Best team plays, and best players get the nod. Ken has shown he will play young players, Duursma, Rozee, Butters, Georiades... Why? Because they earned their selection by being the best of the rest. Bergman, and the other boys will get their gigs when they are ready and deserve it.

I am not defending selection of Sutcliffe, but I don't think he will play anyway, he will be an emergency, which is fine as it allows the younger lads to play a scratch match to get more form.

I will wait till tomorrow before I melt. Burton will be in, but like others here, I would love to see Rocky dropped as well, and if Ladhams get picked, then I am celebrating. Mayes has been playing well I hear, so if he replaces Farrell I have no issues.

Extended bench is currently Motlop, Rockliff, Clurey, Farrell, Bonner, Mayes, Ladhams and Sutcliffe.

Need to drop Rockliff, Farrell, Bonner and Sutcliffe from the extended squad.

Is it a thing that the outs will come from the bench not from players named on the field or is that just myth? Can’t recall to be honest?

would be happy if it’s burton mayes for bonner rocky. Helps our backline and midfield balance. Mayes can also play wing and half back which gives us another player to hopefully take some more marks down there or could allow Houston to go into the midfield if we wanted to go that way.

Sutcliffe being named when he doesn’t fill a need is annoying. We’ve got young players to get games into who are the future. Also Sutcliffe is out of contract and should be one of if not the first cut this off-season so if he gets games it’s pumping games into someone that’s going yet again, like we didn’t learn the first 8 times we did that.

Is it a thing that the outs will come from the bench not from players named on the field or is that just myth? Can’t recall to be honest?

would be happy if it’s burton mayes for bonner rocky. Helps our backline and midfield balance. Mayes can also play wing and half back which gives us another player to hopefully take some more marks down there or could allow Houston to go into the midfield if we wanted to go that way.

Sutcliffe being named when he doesn’t fill a need is annoying. We’ve got young players to get games into who are the future. Also Sutcliffe is out of contract and should be one of if not the first cut this off-season so if he gets games it’s pumping games into someone that’s going yet again, like we didn’t learn the first 8 times we did that.
Honestly can't remember. It's one of those questions that always gets asked and answered on this board, but none of us ever remembers lol

Burton and mayes
Bonner and Farrell
Is my guess

Two good changes if that's what we go with. I'd like to have seen Rocky out for Georgiades with Gray/Rozee taking the extra midfield minutes on top though.

The only way Sutcliffe plays is if Motlop is dropped.

I think it's going to be Burton for Bonner and maybe playing 2 rucks.

I'd be surprised if they dropped Rockliff this early, even if they should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayes meh, will be better than Bonner or Farrell but hardly an exciting in.

Mayes is a former top 10 draft pick who was playing quality football for Brisbane the last time he was fit and well in 2017. If he's in, I am excited to see how he goes. He could surprise a few.

How about we wait till the final team is announced tomorrow before we all melt hey?

We have people here who are resigning themselves to thinking there will be no changes despite Burton being named on the field which generally means he will be an in. Then there are others who are melting because we've picked 4 extra people as per the Sunday game, some of which are only making up the numbers as emergencies.

Ill be shocked if Sutcliffe gets a game, but this idea that he's a definite in is just absurd. No reason to melt yet guys, not for another 24 hours anyway.

If there is any team Sutcliffe plays against this it. He is able to play as a defensive forward to lock onto one of the GWS running backs or even shadow Haynes.
Or take one of their downhill skiing midfielders if they get away from us.
The one thing he does well is stick to a task.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back