Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Lack of competition for his position. The only other alternative in the SANFL is Newchurch, who has the same weaknesses as Rowe - only worse.

I'd have thought his competition is already in the side. Both of them.

What do u think his best upside is patrenko vs Goodes ??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Tarek had Patrenkos effort, he'd be in the side already, Patrenkos second and third efforts and using closing speed was never an issue, his disposal was, and the less we talk about his converting in front of goal the better.

Goodes probably rates in the top 5 footballers I have watched in the last 25 years, the guy was a dead set freak who could play in the ruck and then just play in the guts with a ruck, let alone how dangerous he was up forward, I'm not sure it is even fair to judge anyone by Goodes standards.

Now, potential is such a dirty word, every 18 year kld in the system has potential, I have seen kids that I was sure would go on to have great AFL careers disappear and then not even make it in the SANFL and I have seen kids get those 50 under their belts and just kick on to be bloody good players that dominate the comp, even if it is just for a 2-3 year stretch until injuries being them back to the fold.

Newchurch has the potential and upside to play like Micky O'Loughlin, he is absolutely nowhere near that now, maybe slightly closer than I am but not by much. In saying that, a bit of hardness where he just sees ball, gets ball and will take a hit to do so and also get his attack on the oppositon on the other team when he doesn't have the ball..he'd be a great F50 player...but it is up to him.

If I was pushed, I'd say he won't make it, I've seen a few "Tareks" in my time and natural desire to attack and take the hits is rarely learnt, it's an innate characteristic. I hope I'm wrong though, players with his speed can be very handy.

Could hatley have played forward with some bursts in the midfield ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am not opposed to Hatley being dropped but many on here seem to think he isn't of any real value. For me Hatley reminds me a bit of Lyons. Many wanted him out but now regret us losing him. I would like to see Hatley get a block of games to ensure he develops. Maybe lower expectations for the moment but I think he is part of out future.

I think it's safe to say every week is a chance it could get ugly.

That said, the stars are aligning for it. A downhill skier with a top 4 list coming off a belting against a bottom 4 team beginning to rack up the losses is not exactly a recipe for a close game.
Well

best team they’ve beaten is Richmond@ 8th

Not giving up hope completely

Even fitness and diet is on the club, as doing the bare minimum from the club should have you as AFL fit. If they're required to do more to get to a base level, then you need to sack your staff yesterday.
Another good explanation, thanks.
Where we disagree has to do with fitness and diet --- it's the old lead-a-horse-to-water adage.
Fogarty can be led to a diet structure that's good for him and a fitness regime that will improve his speed and endurance (both of which are low atm), but Fog has to want to 'drink'.
I'm waiting for him to lose a few kilos and improve his tank. If he does, I believe he has the talent to excel.

Only if you strictly adhere to what is a clearly impotent forward structure.

Which we seem to do.
What alternatives do you suggest, which would actually improve our "clearly impotent forward structure"?

Given that the forward line's main problems stem from failures in the midfield, you would want to be sure that your proposed structure addresses the actual problem - otherwise you're just rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

What alternatives do you suggest, which would actually improve our "clearly impotent forward structure"?

Given that the forward line's main problems stem from failures in the midfield, you would want to be sure that your proposed structure addresses the actual problem - otherwise you're just rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

Genuine LOL at you abusing Fogarty for months about not thriving as the receiving end of that midfield failure, but dragging this out to defend the smalls.

We don't know.

As I've said, Fogarty is the perfect example of it; there is a huge disconnect between our coaching staff, our list management guys and our recruitment team.
You're right to a certain extent - the coaches certainly haven't been able to get the best out of Fogarty. The bigger question is whether any coach would be able to? The answer to that is "doubtful".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine LOL at you abusing Fogarty for months about not thriving as the receiving end of that midfield failure, but dragging this out to defend the smalls.
I'm not defending the smalls. If we had any viable alternatives, then Rowe would be joining McAdam in the SANFL. I'm waiting to hear what your alternatives are.

You're right to a certain extent - the coaches certainly haven't been able to get the best out of Fogarty. The bigger question is whether any coach would be able to? The answer to that is "doubtful".

Why do you post something reasonable, but then finish it with this ridiculous statement?

We have a clear trend over the last 5 years of players thriving when they leave the AFC - it is far more likely we are the problem, than the players.

Wasn't me who started it. This is the post I (originally) replied to:
Well, he is now. Gotta utilise it though. Fog is good in I a mob mess. Lynch isn’t. Bringing Fog up the ground from chf is to let him create from stoppage than from lead up. It’s completely different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back