Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Stuff them, the competition owes them nothing.
They entered as a black white teal club and that’s the end of it.
It’s just a marketing ploy just to further promote this one club never tear us apart BS.
They’re flying high at the moment and think they can rule the roost.
Watch them tear Hinkley apart if they don't win a Flag soon. :sneaky:

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Sloane won't be match-fit, but if his surgeon says ok, play him.
Sloane @ 70% >> than half our squad at 100%.
He's only missed 4 weeks, and has apparently been running for 2, it's not that bad.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
In: Sloane Worrell O'Connor Jones/Newchurch
Out: Murray Rowe Hately McAdam

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Exactly. I think my point has been taken very literally re ladder position. As a club we are more content to just play finals (to placate our older and impatient supporter base), than to actually bottom out for a year or so,secure elite talent and really build a premiership squad.

I wonder if the supporters are a driver or whether the 'make the 8 and anything can happen' was the total strategy. Build a list geared strongly at the middle so you've got good depth, drill them within an inch of their life and rely on continuity and experience and await your turn. I reckon we thought you didn't need to get your hands on elite talent. It's like they looked at 98 and only noticed our finishing position. The smattering of elite and a-graders somehow escaped them and an unwavering philosophy was born.

He's only missed 4 weeks, and has apparently been running for 2, it's not that bad.
Correct.

For a mature body that has done over 10+ years of professional training and given the injury ie not leg related, missing a couple in reality will have helped him get over any niggles or injury issues for a player his age if anything and the additional rest too.

Players have been training fairly hard since January.

It’s just a marketing ploy just to further promote this one club never tear us apart BS.
They’re flying high at the moment and think they can rule the roost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct its marketing ploy and yet another gimmick.

You never ever give your opposition a comfortable leg up in your home state.

That plastic franchise should stick to their colours of Teal, White and Black.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Fogarty's SANFL performance is being underrated.

He was the unused sub on Saturday, which is very difficult and mentally draining what with the constant warming up/warming down and not knowing if you're going to get a run. It's more taxing than playing an AFL game I'm reliably told.

So he effectively played 2.5 games on the weekend and was reasonable in the back half of his second game and first half of his third. Needs to be rewarded.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Are GA tickets on sale today?

Anyone know how much they are?
When I tried to go earlier in the year it was like $70 and $35ish for my son.
Someone told me about the 1/2 price, 3 game membership which I bought, so 3 games for me and my son for $75, was a bargain!

When I tried to go earlier in the year it was like $70 and $35ish for my son.
Someone told me about the 1/2 price, 3 game membership which I bought, so 3 games for me and my son for $75, was a bargain!
Just curious is that membership Crows or port?

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
[Fogarty] was the unused sub on Saturday, which is very difficult and mentally draining what with the constant warming up/warming down and not knowing if you're going to get a run.
1) It's more taxing than playing an AFL game I'm reliably told.
So he effectively played 2.5 games on the weekend and was reasonable in the back half of his second game and first half of his third. Needs to be rewarded.
??
1) While I'd like to see the Fog back in vs PA (for player-crashing mongrel alone), did you mean "more taxing mentally" than playing a full game? Warming up/down could not be mentally or physically harder than actually playing, surely?
2) How'd you arrive at "effectively played 2.5 games", please?

Fabricating data like that on the Fog to push for his re-selection --- I can't wait to see how Vader responds :sneaky: .

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s

BS is right.
You cannot tear apart something that has never been together.
It would be like the AFC demanding to wear the red and black striped jumper from 1860!

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Back