Preview Changes: RD4 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is, Murphy wasn't providing as much pressure as we wanted. I reckon they've gone with the physical pressure of Fogarty in the wet.
Lol

Was that the game where we played dry weather footy superbly in the wet?

Yeah that's the one. Bucketed down with rain all game yet we barely dropped a mark and kicked a big score at home:thumbsu:.

While Fogarty won't be able to chase all day, he'll bring plenty of physical and perceived pressure causing defenders to fumble in the wet when they know he's around. Let's hope the plan works out!

Wasn't Darcy leading inside 50 tackles after 2 rounds?

No, that was “fights started”

As for movie equivalents...

It’d be like Fight Club without Brad Pitt

(...think about it)

The clubs take on it from the afc website;

Start quote/

“Rookie forward Lachlan Murphy won’t play against the Magpies after experiencing some hamstring tightness at training on Thursday morning.

The Crows have opted to err on the side of caution, given the six-day break from last week’s game at Etihad Stadium and the demanding nature of Murphy’s role as a small pressure forward.

“Lachie misses out, unfortunately, but he’s got a bit of hamstring tightness,” Camporeale said.

“He’s had a pretty good pre-season and played a lot of footy for us early so it’s just a no-risk policy for him at the moment.”

The inclusion of the 193cm Fogarty means the Crows take a tall forward line into Friday night’s game, with Josh Jenkins, Taylor Walker, Tom Lynch and Mitch McGovern all standing at 190cm or taller.

Camporeale isn’t concerned with the height balance, given Collingwood’s back six are of similar height.

“We think McGovern, Betts and probably one of the mids spends some time down there,” he said.

“Very rarely will they all be on the ground at one time, so we’re comfortable with that.”

End quote/

Seems reasonable to me and as I wrote earlier... one of the mids will probably spend time down forward..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, that was “fights started”

As for movie equivalents...

It’d be like Fight Club without Brad Pitt

(...think about it)

Ooooowwww, you’re good!... that’s a brilliant analogy... because
brad actually wasn’t there.. he was just an insomniac’s alter ego...

Ladies and Gentlemen... We have a winner!..

Last edited by a moderator:
The clubs take on it from the afc website;

Start quote/

“Rookie forward Lachlan Murphy won’t play against the Magpies after experiencing some hamstring tightness at training on Thursday morning.

The Crows have opted to err on the side of caution, given the six-day break from last week’s game at Etihad Stadium and the demanding nature of Murphy’s role as a small pressure forward.

“Lachie misses out, unfortunately, but he’s got a bit of hamstring tightness,” Camporeale said.

“He’s had a pretty good pre-season and played a lot of footy for us early so it’s just a no-risk policy for him at the moment.”

The inclusion of the 193cm Fogarty means the Crows take a tall forward line into Friday night’s game, with Josh Jenkins, Taylor Walker, Tom Lynch and Mitch McGovern all standing at 190cm or taller.

Camporeale isn’t concerned with the height balance, given Collingwood’s back six are of similar height.

“We think McGovern, Betts and probably one of the mids spends some time down there,” he said.

“Very rarely will they all be on the ground at one time, so we’re comfortable with that.”

End quote/

Seems reasonable to me and as I wrote earlier... one of the mids will probably spend time down forward..
Gov & Lynch could share a wing, rotating forward if need be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back