Changes Rnd 1 - Vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder the same, although they aren’t like for like. If his match fitness is ok, I hope he gets an opportunity.

I think Valente comes in if they want to play Fyfe forward more often.

If they are looking at something that won’t chance our structure much then Pearce takes Lobbs spot, and a re shuffle in the back half.

Yeah I think Colyer will play.
If it was 2017 I'd be baying to play as many young guys as possible but we're in a different phase now, must play finals this year.
We already have one dead cert debutant in Meek, and if all of Henry, Young and Watson play which I think is likely that is already four players with five games or less experience playing. That's why as much as I want to see them fast-tracked, since all three of them could have massive futures, I don't think we'll see Chapman, Treacy or Valente this week.
Tucker injury is a bummer, Blakely will now have to play but his defensive work at stoppages gives me the shivers. Gawn and Jackson will dominate Meek and ?Cox/Pearce/Tabs, so if Blakely does his usual I will be livid.

My final prediction (pending no more injuries and assuming both Logue and Sturt aren't fit)

Ryan Pearce Hughes
Conca Cox Young
Cerra Serong Aish
Colyer Tabs Schultz
Switta Fyfe Henry
Meek Brayshaw Mundy
Watson Blakely Hamling Acres

If it was 2017 I'd be baying to play as many young guys as possible but we're in a different phase now, must play finals this year.
We already have one dead cert debutant in Meek, and if all of Henry, Young and Watson play which I think is likely that is already four players with five games or less experience playing. That's why as much as I want to see them fast-tracked, since all three of them could have massive futures, I don't think we'll see Chapman, Treacy or Valente this week.
Tucker injury is a bummer, Blakely will now have to play but his defensive work at stoppages gives me the shivers. Gawn and Jackson will dominate Meek and ?Cox/Pearce/Tabs, so if Blakely does his usual I will be livid.

My final prediction (pending no more injuries and assuming both Logue and Sturt aren't fit)

Ryan Pearce Hughes
Conca Cox Young
Cerra Serong Aish
Colyer Tabs Schultz
Switta Fyfe Henry
Meek Brayshaw Mundy
Two defenders on the bench given the Demons weak forward line looks like overkill unless there is a clear plan to throw someone forward.

I am thinking wherever Petracea goes, Conca goes.

For too long we've continued to play gun WAFL players that simply can't cut it in the big leagues. Enough now please

For too long we've continued to play gun WAFL players that simply can't cut it in the big leagues. Enough now please
Blakely has been ok in the big leagues this season. The biggest issue with him is when the ball leaves the stoppage. When chasing he seems to run on the spot and his oppo can burst away from the stoppage. He did make some good run down tackles in the situation yesterday though. I would prefer Valente over Blakely when Valente is ready. Round one might be Blakely though.
Colyer fills a need for now. We need to let him run around though. He does nothing a a stay home forward. Rarely, catches when chasing, surprisingly, considering his speed.

Think the problem for Blakely is versatility. With Fyfe, Mundy, Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong all rotating through the middle, can we afford to carry a guy behind all of those names who can only play inside mid? Hate the idea of those guys getting less midfield time because they are versatile. Tucker could play half forward & wing as well as inside so not like for like.

Think the problem for Blakely is versatility. With Fyfe, Mundy, Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong all rotating through the middle, can we afford to carry a guy behind all of those names who can only play inside mid? Hate the idea of those guys getting less midfield time because they are versatile. Tucker could play half forward & wing as well as inside so not like for like.
Tucker won't be available.

Yeah that's what I meant. Blakely isn't like for like in replacing Tucker.
I guess if we need one more inside mid Blakely is an option until Valente and Tucker can come under consideration. He can help with some inside grunt as it will be pretty tough for the three young guys, if they have to carry a lot of the inside load. Freo may think we have enough for the role without Blakely, especially with Aish and Acres going through there now.

One of the big ticket items for this year is to improve the midfield to forward transition. Blakely isn’t part of the solution there.
He dished out most of the time yesterday and his kicking was OK. Valente and Tucker would be better in that area though. It's just about round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Pearce Hughes
Conca Cox Young
Cerra Serong Aish
Colyer Tabs Schultz
Switta Fyfe Henry
Meek Brayshaw Mundy

I like Watson, but I just don’t see why we need two defenders in the bench, especially given Aish can roll back to give someone a break. Whilst under normal circumstances I’d being giving Treacy a spell at Peel, I think we need him in the bench instead of Watson.

Colyer in best 3 yesterday.Deserves a crack as does Blakely.

Reward performance I say.

In what is a rare occurrence (going back to watch footage of a loss) I reviewed Q1 of the AAMI game today. Shortly after Aish’s goal where Blakely peeled off a 40m kick into space for Brayshaw, he coughs it up twice under little or no pressure. Banfield then gets into the act by making no connection with TabS when he had about 3 different options From which to create a shot on goal.

Unfortunately Colyer either doesn’t get near it, or when he does, fumbles or misses easy targets.

Seriously - without those 3 guys we’re a completely different side. No matter who’s taking the shot for goal.

In what is a rare occurrence (going back to watch footage of a loss) I reviewed Q1 of the AAMI game today. Shortly after Aish’s goal where Blakely peeled off a 40m kick into space for Brayshaw, he coughs it up twice under little or no pressure. Banfield then gets into the act by making no connection with TabS when he had about 3 different options From which to create a shot on goal.

Unfortunately Colyer either doesn’t get near it, or when he does, fumbles or misses easy targets.

Seriously - without those 3 guys we’re a completely different side. No matter who’s taking the shot for goal.
Agreed. All 3 Should not field a side.

Pending any further injuries, I reckon we will see something like this.

Ryan Hamling Cox
Young Pearce Hughes
Cerra Brayshaw Acres
Colyer Treacy Switkowski
Henry Taberner Schultz
Meek Serong Fyfe
Mundy Conca Aish Watson/Blakely

Petracca is such a gun, Conca won't make a dent. Fyfe v Petracca is going to be worth price of admission alone
Two defenders on the bench given the Demons weak forward line looks like overkill unless there is a clear plan to throw someone forward.

I am thinking wherever Petracea goes, Conca goes.

On RMX2111 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I’d like us to go with

Ryan Hamling Cox
Young Pearce Hughes
Cerra Brayshaw Acres
Mundy Treacy Switkowski
Henry Taberner Schultz
Meek Serong Fyfe
Conca Aish Valente Chapman
Just a lazy 4 newbies to start the season.

Might be our record, apart from our first year?

Just a lazy 4 newbies to start the season.

Might be our record, apart from our first year?
Only for this reason, I think Watson will get the fourth spot on the bench ahead of Chapman.
it’s testimony to our depth that we can field that team and have these discussions while we have the following players out.
Walters, Darcy, Lobb, Logue, Sturt, Crowden, Frederick, Tucker, Hill. All of whom have legitimate claims to being in our best 22.

What I’d like us to go with

Ryan Hamling Cox
Young Pearce Hughes
Cerra Brayshaw Acres
Mundy Treacy Switkowski
Henry Taberner Schultz
Meek Serong Fyfe
Conca Aish Valente Chapman

The Freo Big Footy match committee is liking this suggestion!

But Freo’s actual match committee won’t let those last two names through!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back