Preview Changes Rnd 11 vs Brisbane Bears, Sunday twilight at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

how much money they make is irrelevant in the grand scheme. The AFL is a not for profit, once they've paid for has an obligation to make the league as even a playing field as practicable.
Sure, I agree with that.

TPP is largely paid for by the AFL (with the AFLPA putting their hands out every time a new media deal is signed).They also have to prop up non-profitable clubs. They're servicing a loan taken out against Marvel Stadium during Covid. And now they're in the process of bringing another club into the competition. Grassroots footy is constantly lobbying for more funding...

The AFL has a ravenous appetite for money

The timeslot for this match has really pissed me off.

I have to catch a late Sunday night flight. The only match of the entire round this conflicts with is Sunday twilight. So what scheduling do we get? Sunday twilight of course
So someone else should do Good Bad Ugly?

:D

you don't know the difficulty of the draw until the minor round has concluded. A few weeks ago we faced a top 4 team and blew them away at home. They're now a 12th ranked side. People get far too wound up with fixtures early in the season. Our Port win and Pies loss were better form lines than our 'top 4 toppling' Carlton win.

Edit - Currently

further to this, today's results just muddy the waters further. How good were our cats/demons losses and saints win? Hard to know, so we'll just need to wait. Port and Pies looking the most reliable form lines to this point.

further to this, today's results just muddy the waters further. How good were our cats/demons losses and saints win? Hard to know, so we'll just need to wait. Port and Pies looking the most reliable form lines to this point.
Makes our cats loss worse but over GWS loss better 😆

ben carson t GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jokes about Hinkley September wins aside, Port and Collingwood are the standout sides this year.

For us those loses and the Saints win suggest our ladder position is about right. We are a 8 to 12 calibre side. Might fall into Finals, but I feel we will finish 10/11th. A slight improvement on last year.
Must make Finals next year

Beat Brisbane tomorrow might change that estimate though.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jokes about Hinkley September wins aside, Port and Collingwood are the standout sides this year.

For us those loses and the Saints win suggest our ladder position is about right. We are a 8 to 12 calibre side. Might fall into Finals, but I feel we will finish 10/11th. A slight improvement on last year.

the thing about Brisbane is that their away output isn't a reliable indicator. A loss is certsinly bad, but a win isn't necessarily great. That said, much better to win than lose.

Most of Ports wins have been by under two goals. Overated. They smashed Brisbane in round one, West Coast (lol) and North (lol). They got belted by Collingwood and us, won games by 2 pts, 14 pts, 7 Pts, 5 Pts and 4 pts.

Most of Ports wins have been by under two goals. Overated. They smashed Brisbane in round one, West Coast (lol) and North (lol). They got belted by Collingwood and us, won games by 2 pts, 14 pts, 7 Pts, 5 Pts and 4 pts.

And these wins have been whilst Butters and Rozee are flying.

Credit for winning the games but lets see how it pans out.

Think the flag is Collingwood’s to lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back