conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
We're equally determined to make Worrell not a thing. Doedee and Kelly have both missed games but he's not even been in the conversation. Really needs to seek a trade.

Damn, I only just realised Frampton is in the 22.

I like the depth he offers as a tall defender, great move putting him back there. But surely Worrell is where we need to be investing games.

Nicks bloody loves Big Bad Billy.

(Seems to me that Davis will be dropped and likely delisted now)

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
ADELAIDE

Adelaide has been forced into an attacking reshuffle for its clash with Central at X Convenience Oval.

Impressive young forward Lachlan Gollant, who has booted seven goals in his past two outings, is set to make his AFL debut with the Crows in Round 23.

James Rowe is also out of the side and while the Eagles premiership forward has been spending more time in the midfield, he still has a penchant for kicking a goal.

Strathalbyn spearhead Riley Clamp comes in to centre half-forward while dynamic James Mathews looms as a replacement for Rowe.

Will Hamill will resume in a back pocket while Willunga’s Sam Renney is set to make his SANFL League debut from the interchange bench.

League

F: Salt, McAsey, Clarke

HF: Wright, Clamp, J. Mathews

C: Newchurch, Berry, Marini

HB: Hodges, Kernahan, Boyle

B: Parnell, Tharaldsen, Hamill

R: Borlase, O’Connor, O. Davis

INT: Renney, Kennedy, Lewis, AFL Emergencies

IN: Clamp, Renney, Hamill, J. Mathews

OUT: Hall (injured), Rowe (AFL), Gollant (AFL), Marshman

NEW – Sam Renney (Willunga)

Looking at the squad it looks like a minimum of three changes with Frampton, Smith and Gollant in.

Suggests that someone like Davis has been dropped, with Worrell to miss out for Frampton (yuck)

Likely bench of Schoenberg, Lynch, Gollant and Murray

The club already stated Lynch will be playing, same for Gollant, and Schoenberg will stay in unless he has a secret injury like Sholl does, so that means only one of Worrell, Sholl, Rowe, Murray or Davis is playing.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
He'll be back in the frame once he serves his internal shunning for the drink driving incident and being late to training once.

Give it 18-24 months
yawn

Odog

Team Captain
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has anyone had any luck getting tickets? Haven’t received our usual email to purchase them, yet ticketek says tickets exhausted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bam_Bam_Aus

Cancelled
Sensible Type
Mar 7, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Football Club
Arrived a couple of days ago
Has anyone had any luck getting tickets? Haven’t received our usual email to purchase them, yet ticketek says tickets exhausted

Arrived a couple of days ago I think

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Yeah I got tickets

Email came out on Tuesday, purchased Wednesday morning

Are you a season ticket holder?

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

I did get the email plus a text message. I was working and couldn’t get online so my wife tried but had trouble with ticketek and we missed out. All tickets gone very quickly

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
I did get the email plus a text message. I was working and couldn’t get online so my wife tried but had trouble with ticketek and we missed out. All tickets gone very quickly
Yeah I missed out too, didn't get the text until 12pm and tickets had been on sale since 10am and we're all gone

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
Nicks mentioned in his press conference today that we still have 'one change' yet to be announced for Sundays game.

Yeah *in cop that Murray you hack! Billy Frampton 4 lyf

We are determined to squeeze every last drop out of Billy Frampton that we possibly can

Doesn't matter who is the collateral damage. Until we get absolutely everything we can (and then some) we just keep trying.

The amount of chances he has gotten over actually decent or potentially decent players is mind boggling

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are determined to squeeze every last drop out of Billy Frampton that we possibly can

Doesn't matter who is the collateral damage. Until we get absolutely everything we can (and then some) we just keep trying.

The amount of chances he has gotten over actually decent or potentially decent players is mind boggling
Nicks has backed Murray all year. Clearly the coaches rate him, so I would love to know what the rationale behind this change is for effectively a dead rubber game. Didn't Murray only replace Frampton about 3 weeks ago after the Hawks game?

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nicks has backed Murray all year. Clearly the coaches rate him, so I would love to know what the rationale behind this change is for effectively a dead rubber game. Didn't Murray only replace Frampton about 3 weeks ago after the Hawks game?

I suspect he’s fine and they’re giving Frampton one final game to see if they want to delist him. He’s had a couple of games down back and been slightly above average, I think they’re giving him a chance to have a breakout game in order to stay on the list

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I suspect he’s fine and they’re giving Frampton one final game to see if they want to delist him. He’s had a couple of games down back and been slightly above average, I think they’re giving him a chance to have a breakout game in order to stay on the list

Frampton is contracted for 2022 and Nicks loves him. I’ll eat my hat if he is delisted.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
So you're suggesting we'll delist Frampton and pay out his contract?

I can't see that happening.

Apr 6, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why are people surprised or complaining about the Murray out for Frampton call?
The coaches are finally seeing what we see (Frampton will not be an AFL forward), and they are doing what we want in a rebuilding year (trialing players in new positions). In essence, playing Frampton at CHB for rd 23 in a game that us educated supporters are happy to lose...tick.
Now, back to Murray - does anyone need to see more in one last game of the year to make any call on him? No. Its been a solid start to his career.
Did anyone else notice how many times he looked sore and grimaced last week? Especially after MOTW nomination. Maybe he has a case of general soreness, maybe its a case of we've seen enough, we are happy, get ready for a big pre-season to step up again next year.
We don't have all the information granted, we could suggest that the man rested is Butts fair enough. Maybe the SANFL game if Murray plays will tell us more as maybe he can play that but Butts wouldn't if rested, but a last loosener for a slightly sore Murray?
Just saying that there are enough reasons or thoughts for this not to be an issue, I personally am interested to see more of Frampton at CHB, as he will be on our list next year anyway and never to play forward again, and a week where we can finally say bye to Dmac is a week where everything is rosy!

Why are people surprised or complaining about the Murray out for Frampton call?
The coaches are finally seeing what we see (Frampton will not be an AFL forward), and they are doing what we want in a rebuilding year (trialing players in new positions). In essence, playing Frampton at CHB for rd 23 in a game that us educated supporters are happy to lose...tick.
Now, back to Murray - does anyone need to see more in one last game of the year to make any call on him? No. Its been a solid start to his career.
Did anyone else notice how many times he looked sore and grimaced last week? Especially after MOTW nomination. Maybe he has a case of general soreness, maybe its a case of we've seen enough, we are happy, get ready for a big pre-season to step up again next year.
We don't have all the information granted, we could suggest that the man rested is Butts fair enough. Maybe the SANFL game if Murray plays will tell us more as maybe he can play that but Butts wouldn't if rested, but a last loosener for a slightly sore Murray?
Just saying that there are enough reasons or thoughts for this not to be an issue, I personally am interested to see more of Frampton at CHB, as he will be on our list next year anyway and never to play forward again, and a week where we can finally say bye to Dmac is a week where everything is rosy!

I've seen enough of Murray to know we shouldn't be wasting a precious AFL game on Frampton instead of him.

It's a disgusting selection call, no matter which way you can spin it.

Back