Preview Changes Rnd 23 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone had any luck getting tickets? Haven’t received our usual email to purchase them, yet ticketek says tickets exhausted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only time I missed out was using the link the club sent

I just log straight into ticketek
Got tkts - shitty ones - at 10-15

We are determined to squeeze every last drop out of Billy Frampton that we possibly can

Doesn't matter who is the collateral damage. Until we get absolutely everything we can (and then some) we just keep trying.

The amount of chances he has gotten over actually decent or potentially decent players is mind boggling

The King is dead…long live the King

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Frampton with one last game to put him in the shop window in the hope that another club sees some KPD potential (which I do) and offers up a trade request.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Scholl is also listed as an ‘OUT’ on the AFL page. Is that why Nicks is yet to announce who the medi sub is because…… ITS TALIA???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was hoping Murray could press his claims for a rising star nom. Stiff to be dumped from the side, especially after getting the mark of the round.

Also any of those four emergencies should be playing ahead of Davis. With Smith back in there's no need for him.

Looking forward to seeing Gollant but we really need to lose this game.

Absolute garbage call

In Butts and Murray we've seen our Key Defensive combo for the next 8 years. Let them gel. Back them in.

Sifting through the failed forward junkyard? WHY???

This self inflicted bullshit is infuriating

Seems odd to drop Murray, the fact that we just moved on Talia would suggest the club is backing Murray to be our 2nd KPD with Butts next year. If we are still unsure if he is up to it then we should have kept Talia on the list for another season while he develops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute garbage call

In Butts and Murray we've seen our Key Defensive combo for the next 8 years. Let them gel. Back them in.

Sifting through the failed forward junkyard? WHY???

This self inflicted bullshit is infuriating
OR… and just hear me out.. we really really want pick 2?

Why are people surprised or complaining about the Murray out for Frampton call?
The coaches are finally seeing what we see (Frampton will not be an AFL forward), and they are doing what we want in a rebuilding year (trialing players in new positions). In essence, playing Frampton at CHB for rd 23 in a game that us educated supporters are happy to lose...tick.
Now, back to Murray - does anyone need to see more in one last game of the year to make any call on him? No. Its been a solid start to his career.
Did anyone else notice how many times he looked sore and grimaced last week? Especially after MOTW nomination. Maybe he has a case of general soreness, maybe its a case of we've seen enough, we are happy, get ready for a big pre-season to step up again next year.
We don't have all the information granted, we could suggest that the man rested is Butts fair enough. Maybe the SANFL game if Murray plays will tell us more as maybe he can play that but Butts wouldn't if rested, but a last loosener for a slightly sore Murray?
Just saying that there are enough reasons or thoughts for this not to be an issue, I personally am interested to see more of Frampton at CHB, as he will be on our list next year anyway and never to play forward again, and a week where we can finally say bye to Dmac is a week where everything is rosy!
I like the selections.

Sholl - needed to be left in the SANFL, has been spent the back half of the year and down on confidence, needs to reset

Murray - definitely sore, Butts is now the lynch pin so if you were going to rest one, it was Murray. Getting games into Frampton at CHB is smart.

Gollant - yep good decision, pity they couldn't squeeze in Newchurch or McAsey

Smith - in for experience, Hamill, needs to have the day off

Davis - about our best kick last weekend next to Jones, glad to see him retained

I like the selections.

Sholl - needed to be left in the SANFL, has been spent the back half of the year and down on confidence, needs to reset

Murray - definitely sore, Butts is now the lynch pin so if you were going to rest one, it was Murray. Getting games into Frampton at CHB is smart.

Gollant - yep good decision, pity they couldn't squeeze in Newchurch or McAsey

Smith - in for experience, Hamill, needs to have the day off

Davis - about our best kick last weekend next to Jones, glad to see him retained
Murray gets the next 3 months to rest and recover. If he isn't injured he should be playing

Murray gets the next 3 months to rest and recover. If he isn't injured he should be playing

Whats 1 more game? Its not like MacKay is taking his place and we wont see him back for years!
I reckon he looks sore. Also, he joined us during pre-season. Did he have a full pre-season to prepare for 10 AFL games? In the words of many - why risk him for a nothing game that we don't need to win?
Farewell games for Dmac and Lynch, debut for Gollant, 3rd game for Cook, and one last look at Davis and Frampton in the back half.
I personally hope Kelly is moved on too, if Smith or Hamill move up to the wing, why not have one more look at Davis too?
Decent selections.

He needs a sniff this week. His next preseason is vital for his AFL career. He needs to build his tank ASAP as he will struggle to make it as a small forward.
Just to follow up on needing a tank to play in the middle and the fact that this weeks result is academic, maybe we should start in the middle with Lynch, Sholl and Dmac. If that's not working we can revert back to the usuals...but not before 3/4 time please.

Frampton has delivered at SANFL level in his role down back but not at AFL level. If he can bring his SANFL game and hopefully what he has needed to work on which may include a bit more aggression as well as positioning to the AFL this Sunday, it will be a huge boost for us going forward. I am quite happy to be having another look at him at this level.

Just to follow up on needing a tank to play in the middle and the fact that this weeks result is academic, maybe we should start in the middle with Lynch, Sholl and Dmac. If that's not working we can revert back to the usuals...but not before 3/4 time please.
I think we will treat this game as our grand final and they will go out there with only one goal which is to win. The other component is that North will go out there with the same intention. There's still a good chance we probably will end up with pick 2.

I think we will treat this game as our grand final and they will go out there with only one goal which is to win. The other component is that North will go out there with the same intention. There's still a good chance we probably will end up with pick 2.

There is no doubt the club and coaching group would much rather win and finish 14th than lose and finish 17th. In fact, for all the talk of rebuild being a process etc, if the AFL gave us the opportunity to jump to 9th by winning this week, our coaches couldn't say yes quick enough. Players have been good last few weeks too, just outgunned and outclassed in the middle, except v Port. Can't rely on them phoning it in plus Lynch and Dmac's final games. Similar to the Port game, I don't think Roos have the midfield class to burn us like Demons, Dogs and Eagles did. We can break even there and I fear we'll win across the rest of the field and a solid win is coming up. Let's hope other results rise our way.

Frampton has delivered at SANFL level in his role down back but not at AFL level. If he can bring his SANFL game and hopefully what he has needed to work on which may include a bit more aggression as well as positioning to the AFL this Sunday, it will be a huge boost for us going forward. I am quite happy to be having another look at him at this level.

frampton’s only played one game down back at AFL level and, apart from a brain fade or two, did pretty bloody well.. it was only the hawks though..

My concern is that, if he does play as the KPD this week, that it will be against the bottom side.. can we trust what we see if he does well will stand up against the top teams..

My concern is that, if he does play as the KPD this week, that it will be against the bottom side.. can we trust what we see if he does well will stand up against the top teams..
Yep

It's a free hit and we'll be stuck with him :(

Yep... Happy with a tight, hard fought arm wrestle.....and one shocking umpiring decision at the 30 minute mark in the fourth.😏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back