Prediction Changes Rnd 8 - Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Any word on what was wrong with Gov?

If he doesnt pull up Oscar to the backline and Bailey in and if Ryan doesn't come in then Reid i guess?

It’s to do with a thumb knock in the first quarter vs freo.

Club is pretty confident he will play, played out the rest of the derby with no issues.

Any word on what was wrong with Gov?

If he doesnt pull up Oscar to the backline and Bailey in and if Ryan doesn't come in then Reid i guess?
How good is Oscar just by the way. I know it’s been said a lot but still crazy to think about. 21 and we can throw him into any position on the ground at the flick of a switch and know he’ll give us a good tidy game and compete at worst. Some clubs don’t have young KPP talent who is capable in one position at that age, let alone 3. All that on top of being from WA and very cluey for his age. We hit the jackpot with him in the mid 20s.

How good is Oscar just by the way. I know it’s been said a lot but still crazy to think about. 21 and we can throw him into any position on the ground at the flick of a switch and know he’ll give us a good tidy game and compete at worst. Some clubs don’t have young KPP talent who is capable in one position at that age, let alone 3. All that on top of being from WA and very cluey for his age. We hit the jackpot with him in the mid 20s.
Yep, I recall we were all crying out for midfielders in that draft and came away with more KPP players than mids. Who were the mids, did we get any? Was that also the year/same time TK slipped away to Cats? There was a lot of heat on BF over that draft and missed midfield opportunities, but it all worked out well in the end? Although with Brander and Rotham we seem to have a surplus, time will tell...
But Oscar is the bees knees!!
Maybe while it's said we paid a high toll for TK, in a sense that cost could be spread over everyone of value we got in that draft, the whole package including TK, Oscar etc...worth it!
(Just bad luck we lost Venables and Rioli)

Last edited:

Not sure who goes to Stephenson also, his pace will certainly be a challenge.

Stephenson seems really high impact in first quarters and then fades - it's not just the '18 grannie that I have seen this from him. I'm not sure if it is fitness related or if teams lock into him more diligently after he has exposed gaps in defensive structures with his speed.

I think Tommy Cole is still a good match up for him from our smaller defenders. Quick enough and tenacious, which I think does throw Jaiden off his game.

Stephenson seems really high impact in first quarters and then fades - it's not just the '18 grannie that I have seen this from him. I'm not sure if it is fitness related or if teams lock into him more diligently after he has exposed gaps in defensive structures with his speed.

I think Tommy Cole is still a good match up for him from our smaller defenders. Quick enough and tenacious, which I think does throw Jaiden off his game.

If we continue to push our defenders up the ground we just need to be very wary of Stephenson getting us out the back on a fast break. We have noone who can go with him if he gets the ball over the back.

brusing/tightness in his back after that marking attempt.
Is bruising/tightness for Ah Chee in a marking attempt really code for total freaking embarrassment? He did it a lot in the first 2 games but refrained on being a total dick and starting playing his role up until the Freo game.

It’s old school but I would love to see Simmo take action with players that don’t play their role. Unless of course I have got it wrong that a hff is meant to go for spectacular hangs (unless your name is Ryan)

Is bruising/tightness for Ah Chee in a marking attempt really code for total freaking embarrassment? He did it a lot in the first 2 games but refrained on being a total dick and starting playing his role up until the Freo game.

It’s old school but I would love to see Simmo take action with players that don’t play their role. Unless of course I have got it wrong that a hff is meant to go for spectacular hangs (unless your name is Ryan)
Either that or he needs to attend the Flying Hang Academy to perfect his timing and nous?
It's come off a couple of times and looks good when it works, preferably in the forward zone..
He's got a good leap, but clearly it's a pointless exercise if he's injuring himself and affecting the team..

If we continue to push our defenders up the ground we just need to be very wary of Stephenson getting us out the back on a fast break. We have noone who can go with him if he gets the ball over the back.

Just get close enough to push him as he kicks and the hamstring will be off the bone ala Degoey on Shep :sleepy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I took a leak on the ground pre game Id imagine id create more moisture then that rain prediction :D

To me it looks like just enough to make it slick and slippery, like playing in Queensland at night.

Either that or he needs to attend the Flying Hang Academy to perfect his timing and nous?
It's come off a couple of times and looks good when it works, preferably in the forward zone..
He's got a good leap, but clearly it's a pointless exercise if he's injuring himself and affecting the team..
I do not think he has a good leap. He has an ability to get up high but he has shown he can be so out of whack in his timing that he looks a joke.

That aside, what concerns me most is that he is not playing his role. Why would we want him flying in the pack against JK, Darling and Oscar? We are really missing Rioli as he was very good at rover front and centre and The Sneezer would be better suited filling a role and not flying for glory.

BOM forecast always looks worse when it shows the little rain illustration, but that's one picture to represent a 24 hour cycle of weather.

The willyweather rain forecast for Burswood has dropped for the last couple of days but is back at 20% chance of rain at 2pm. It looks likely there will be some rain early in the morning, and the chance of rain steadily drops through the rest of the day.

We might be playing on a bit of a slippery surface but it shouldn't be actively raining during the game. Given the Pies style of play I'd say it affects us equally.

BOM forecast always looks worse when it shows the little rain illustration, but that's one picture to represent a 24 hour cycle of weather.

The willyweather rain forecast for Burswood has dropped for the last couple of days but is back at 20% chance of rain at 2pm. It looks likely there will be some rain early in the morning, and the chance of rain steadily drops through the rest of the day.

We might be playing on a bit of a slippery surface but it shouldn't be actively raining during the game. Given the Pies style of play I'd say it affects us equally.

Definitely. We pretty much play the same style, they will struggle with wet conditions as much as we will.

Having said that, looking at the forecast, I don't think it will be that slippery, and certainly not in the ballpark of what we faced in Qld at night.

Sounds like you gaiz are suggesting it's time for THE LAND OF THE GIANTS

John Worsfold - Dustin Fletcher Hangar - Bomberblitz

100% - he seems to always kick their first goal and his SuperCoach stats are always massive in Q1 but then plateau after that. Bizarre hey

It's crazy all our injuries/suspensions/personal tragedies have all hit our small forward stocks :(
As the official player sponsor of Jack "The Rock" Petruccelle, the time is now.

He did not go very well when our mids forgot how to deliver the ball into the forward line. No surprise there.

Comments he looked slow. Well he was he was meant to be but the ball was delivered elsewhere so of course he looked slow.

With JK and the troops starting to gel again, then my blistering player will be more than capable of bringing that special something to the forward line.

100% - he seems to always kick their first goal and his SuperCoach stats are always massive in Q1 but then plateau after that. Bizarre hey
Not sure if he kicks few in the first qtr then is content with his work, or opposition change it up a bit. He’s been playing midfield I’ve noticed, does well around the ground, that could explain why he isn’t kicking many now.

As the official player sponsor of Jack "The Rock" Petruccelle, the time is now.

He did not go very well when our mids forgot how to deliver the ball into the forward line. No surprise there.

Comments he looked slow. Well he was he was meant to be but the ball was delivered elsewhere so of course he looked slow.

With JK and the troops starting to gel again, then my blistering player will be more than capable of bringing that special something to the forward line.
Except he's still *at least* 3 weeks away, right?

10 days ago it was:
"... unfortunately he came off late with a hamstring injury and it looks like it’s at the more extreme end.
He’s avoided surgery, thankfully, he’s going to undertake a conservative path to recovery, but it’s more likely he’ll be out of action for at least a month."
- Quotes from Vozzo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back