Prediction Changes Rnd 8 - Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Are members still having to sit in different seats to usual?
This is definitely my reasoning for not going. I've got no interest in booking tickets at random, when the general public can select exactly where they want to sit. I've pledged my full membership to the club, so I'm not going to pay extra for overpriced tickets.

I scored sweet seats near the northern wing towards the back of level 1, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the view compares to my usual birds eye view from level 5 of the southern side.

(From my past experiences with various other events there is really not a bad seat in the house ... unless I guess you get one where those metal barriers are right in your field of view)

Round 1 v Brisbane

That told the story. Everything else just reinforced that.
I mean you're pretty much bang on (in hindsight?), because ultimately we couldn't play out a full game at the required intensity, and gave up some really poor quarters (this trend continues in '20, though every side has had the odd shocker). However, that doesn't mean we didn't improve through the year and build towards some semblance of our best. We were well in contention for top-two, for a while.

It was in our hands come crunch time, but we couldn't put together 4 quarters. We played some fantastic footy against the Pies for the first three, hit our peak, then couldn't get it out of our back-line in the last. That is when I finally admitted to myself that we were a long shot to singing the song on GF day. Losing Willie was a huge blow, he was key to our ball movement and had really started to flourish. However, in the end it was never realistic to expect a big finals campaign from 5th.

We're bereft of the quality smalls we had in 2018 (LeCras, Rioli, Venables) and a god-like Darling, but have added serious stoppage power to our midfield (Kelly and a fit Nic Nat). To get the job done, we've backed in young mobile tall forwards in Allen and Waterman, and an extra midfielder spending time forward. Much rests on Kennedy, who has had to reprise his role as a focal point whilst we try to settle on a line-up, whereas he was facilitating our smalls and Darling a lot more in '18 and '19.

Ryan appears to have participated in the captain’s run, for what it’s worth.
I think Ryan is a very important player for us. Adds speed, spark, creativity and skill in the forward line that no-one else can ATM. Especially important without Rioli, would be a big loss.
Having said that, I would completely understand if he couldn’t do it.
All the best Liam.

Not a great sign.

Seem like the public are a bit spooked at going to the footy. Can't really blame them.

Heaps of Eagles members are 60+ age bracket, which puts them in the vulnerable category - so I’d imagine they’d stay away.

$57 tickets would keep others away - COVID has been a strain in heaps of people’s finances.

It would be a sellout if the Eagles were selling them for the same prices Collingwood and Geelong fans got.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Heaps of Eagles members are 60+ age bracket, which puts them in the vulnerable category - so I’d imagine they’d stay away.

$57 tickets would keep others away - COVID has been a strain in heaps of people’s finances.

It would be a sellout if the Eagles were selling them for the same prices Collingwood and Geelong fans got.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It might take people a while to adjust their routine too. I'm away on holiday for this week and will miss the Hawks game as Im playing amateur sport instead.

Im suprised those with seated memberships have to pay for tickets.

Im ITW, basically just so i have access to finals tickets before the general public. And get seated memberships when the kids are old enough to enjoy the footy.

Im suprised those with seated memberships have to pay for tickets.

They don’t if they get in during the seated members’ ticket window.

But they can’t get their normal seat and the ability to choose where you sit is pretty limited. At least it was for me when I jumped on at 1pm Wednesday, although to be honest I thought demand would be a lot higher and so I just grabbed the first tickets I was offered. If I’d played around with it a bit I might’ve been able to get seats closer to where I usually am.

the only seats left seem to be the the back couple of rows on the top tier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 2nd proper ruckman is required.
Grundy TOG v Cats 92%
Nic Nat TOG v Dockers 67%
That's a full quarter of Allen getting beat up by Grundy... so it's got to be Vardy or Williams or Hickey.
Today Oscar proved he is a star in the making...in spite of NicNats TOG being down to 58%... not only did he not get beat up by Grundy in the ruck but contributed all around the ground.

Still concerned about exposing him to TOO much damaging ruck work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back