Preview Changes Rnd 9 vs Eagles.

The full interview is actually part of their paid subscription, but there’s a snippet of it, really good pod btw.

Paid subscription ? While they plug adverts? Jesus Christ it would want to be good.

There are no ads on the paid subscription..

The teaser is part of the regular pod, hence ads, is a non profit pod btw.

It was an enjoyable listen. Some good questions in there, and talking about significant games.

I know we like to coast and put teams away in about 15 minutes of football, but surely this is the week we absolutely throttle someone.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I remember we played the Eagles under Neeld one time at the G. We fought it out for a while and managed to get to half time within 10 points. We all gave the players a round of applause.

We then went on to lose that game by 90 points.
Wasn't that Roos first season at the G when Howe took the hanger going backwards

Wasn't that Roos first season at the G when Howe took the hanger going backwards
Nah it was definitely Neeld era, Mitch Clark was still playing for us. But yes on the Howe mark.

Maybe I'm confusing them because I remember feeling hope we weren't terrible in that half.
I think in 2014 we played Eagles at the G at a similar time for a similar margin. Don't think I went to that game so not sure if we were ever in it.

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think in 2014 we played Eagles at the G at a similar time for a similar margin but don't know if we were ever in it. Don't think I went to that game so not sure if we were ever in it.
Nah I had a look we got pumped all the way through

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
A few weeks back when we played port, Port supporters said that how we feel about Mark Neeld, they feel 10 times worse about Ken Hinkley.

They could fu** off, nobody has any real idea of what we went through during the Neeld years
Port are having a bad season so far, by round 4 when they lost to Melbourne they were winnless but they had losses to Brisbane which they ran out of legs and Adelaide a goal after the siren. It's nowhere near Neeld bad. Since then they've got their season back on track, they've won 3 out of 4 the loss came against Carlton which they were 50 points down and lost by 3. They have a chance to make it 4-5 from 9 rounds. We could only dream of 4 wins in a season under Neeld. We were by far the worse team only gws and gold coast who were in their infant years were worse but still had better list.

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Port are having a bad season so far, by round 4 when they lost to Melbourne they were winnless but they had losses to Brisbane which they ran out of legs and Adelaide a goal after the siren. It's nowhere near Neeld bad. Since then they've got their season back on track, they've won 3 out of 4 the loss came against Carlton which they were 50 points down and lost by 3. They have a chance to make it 4-5 from 9 rounds. We could only dream of 4 wins in a season under Neeld. We were by far the worse team only gws and gold coast who were in their infant years were worse but still had better list.

Yeah deadset I can understand why they were pissed but it's just nowhere near as bad as 2013 Melbourne. 1-11 and an average losing margin of 77points iirc

Not including gold coast amd GWS in the first 2 years, We were genuinely and statistically the worst team since Fitzroy.

Makes that premiership so much sweeter

Port honestly never looked that bad. Any of the Brisbane, Adelaide and Carlton games could have gone their way. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they played finals this year.

Back