Prediction Changes: Round 10 Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we have a 0% Ginger mullet limit though?

I can get behind a (one) ginger, but there has to be a standard.

Don't get upset GingerDocker this is a hairstyle thing. Fyfe really needs to lift his game too. Definitely contributing to his 2.16.

im sure if he let his hair grow he would kick straighter!!😉

I don’t think it’s too late in the season to go back to the team and structure that won us 3 games in a row. Lobb and Crowden/Switta out for Meek and Treacy in.

The season is basically shot, time to just play Fyfe permanently forward.
We got two bigs in Tabs and Lobb we need that 190-193 third tall and that’s him, he’s kicking will get better takes the best or second best defender leaving Tabb or Lobb with weaker opponent.
Put Walters to a wing to get confidence, leave Tucker, Brayshaw, Mundy, Cerong, Cerra as your engine room while we got Mundy in great form pull the trigger make Fyfe forward learn the craft this yr next yr be much better.
Once we got Hamling back him Cox and Griffin playing well, and backline holding up I’d experiment with Luke Ryan as a forward pocket or Hf give us more of a spark we got plenty of defenders.

Can we also play North (18th), Hawks (17th) and Crows (15th) again?

Glad someone finally said it.

Ultimately they’re utterly sh*te sides we were always going to beat.

Two lumbering rucks (compared to literally anyone else on the field) won’t work against anyone decent. Carlton aren’t even decent and we saw what happened then!

Meek played 50% game time against North. I saw it when he was the number one ruck in round one and in round two when Darcy played forward. Wasn’t impressed after that. Ultimately Darcy is fast becoming a top tier ruck and Meek is a good replacement if required but offers nothing else. Lobb would be better in every stat that isn’t hit outs.

Last edited:
I just don’t get the calls for Meek to come in. Let’s be honest he’s nothing special at the moment where as the ruck we do have is. I get the structure needs an adjustment and hope Treacy comes in but let’s not shift Darcy from the ruck spot just as he’s starting to absolutely dominate.
If Meek was doing what Lobb was doing each week, the board would lose its s**t at our generational young fwd/ruck. If Lobb keeps getting 3-4 shots on goal a game and gives our powerhouse young ruck a chop out here and there he’s doing his job. It’s a job worth about 250k less than what’s he’s getting paid for but that’s not his fault we significantly overpaid.

If Meek was doing what Lobb was doing each week, the board would lose its sh*t at our generational young fwd/ruck. If Lobb keeps getting 3-4 shots on goal a game and gives our powerhouse young ruck a chop out here and there he’s doing his job. It’s a job worth about 250k less than what’s he’s getting paid for but that’s not his fault we significantly overpaid.
It's the piss weak shirking of physical work that annoys me even more than the salary size. I just don't see how it's defendable

If Meek was doing what Lobb was doing each week, the board would lose its sh*t at our generational young fwd/ruck. If Lobb keeps getting 3-4 shots on goal a game and gives our powerhouse young ruck a chop out here and there he’s doing his job. It’s a job worth about 250k less than what’s he’s getting paid for but that’s not his fault we significantly overpaid.

As I said in last weeks thread Lobb’s contract is irrelevant in this thread. I can’t help but think it clouds peoples judgement of him as a player.

If Darcy is playing as the number one ruck, which he clearly should what are we getting? At a guess:
Lobb: Usually around 12-18 disposals, 5-6 marks and a goal.
vs.
Meek: Usually around 8-10 disposals, 2-3 marks and no goals.

You might get an extra 5-10 hit outs from Meek but I honestly can’t see how it’s a debate whatsoever.

It's the piss weak shirking of physical work that annoys me even more than the salary size. I just don't see how it's defendable
Yeah true, shits me as well. Him and Acres, it really is hard to pinpoint either of them actively shirking a contest but you just know when you watch them that they don’t enjoy the physical side of things. Probably the main reason Lobbs ruck work is so mediocre, gets pushed off boundary throw-ins like he weighs 70kgs at times.

Still, we are clearly not a better side with Meek in ahead of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said in last weeks thread Lobb’s contract is irrelevant in this thread. I can’t help but think it clouds peoples judgement of him as a player.

If Darcy is playing as the number one ruck, which he clearly should what are we getting? At a guess:
vs.

You might get an extra 5-10 hit outs from Meek but I honestly can’t see how it’s a debate whatsoever.
Narrator: It’s not

vs.

The problem s every waking moment he is in the ruck we lose momentum. Clearly the forward line in our team is a bigger problem than the midfield/stoppage/ruck is. Therefore because Lobb is a better forward than Meek, Lobb gets to play
But he's just not great at either role. He can do better, in an ideal world he would have to do better to stay in the team. In our world he just floats around doing what he feels like and gets picked. Yay

The problem s every waking moment he is in the ruck we lose momentum. Clearly the forward line in our team is a bigger problem than the midfield/stoppage/ruck is. Therefore because Lobb is a better forward than Meek, Lobb gets to play
But he's just not great at either role. He can do better, in an ideal world he would have to do better to stay in the team. In our world he just floats around doing what he feels like and gets picked. Yay

The times we’ve lost majorly at stoppages it’s been mainly due to midfield being ineffective defensively and it’s happened when Darcy is there too, but admittedly not as much.

Wonder how many would want him in the team if they paid that grab and Lobb booted it out on the full like he would be a deadset 100% certainty to do

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I don’t think it’s too late in the season to go back to the team and structure that won us 3 games in a row. Lobb and Crowden/Switta out for Meek and Treacy in.
Lobb and Crowden played in 2 of those wins (North and Adelaide). Meek played in 1 (Hawks) and Treacy played in all 3. Switta didnt play in any of them.....
So, Crowden and Lobb stay, No meek. No Switta. Treacy comes in. Got it now :)

vs.

Looking at the strapping on Darcy’s knee I’d say that we’ll be forced to play Meek before the seasons out, whether he’s good enough or not.

The season is basically shot, time to just play Fyfe permanently forward.

Honestly, if we are going to do that we may as well just *ing trade him at the end of the year.

vs.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just had a look at the career states for 4 game Meek and 111 game Lobb and they're horribly similar. Its really a case of which is less sh!t. Given that after 100+ games the output of Lobb is pretty much a known, we absolutely should be giving Meek a run of 3 or 4 games to test him at the top level. For this season Lobb is 4 possessions, 0.8 of a goal and 4 marks better per game whereas you'll get 13 HO from Meek and 6 from Lobb. Meek has an unknown ceiling ( I'll completely admit that I doubt it is much higher than Lobb's) while Lobb's output is known. If 'you can't see how it's a debate whatsoever' you must really like losing. Meek is the only one of the two that has the potential to make us better and we won't find that out unless he plays. Keeping Lobb in the team because you covet 4 more possessions and 0.8 of a goal a game is the equivalent of saying "I'd prefer to know I'm going to lose more than change something to try and win". Lobb is Z Clarke Mk II. He's great to have on a list as a bit of a stop gap when needed and he might pop up 2 or 3 times a season and do something good. We absolutely should no be delisting him and he has a place in the squad. Meek is into his 4th year, is growing into his body and we need to find out if there's something there. If Darcy were to go ( I don't think he will) we are royally rooted. That is definitely not up for debate. Meek needs a run at this season. Now is as good a time as any.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just had a look at the career states for 4 game Meek and 111 game Lobb and they're horribly similar. Its really a case of which is less sh!t. Given that after 100+ games the output of Lobb is pretty much a known, we absolutely should be giving Meek a run of 3 or 4 games to test him at the top level. For this season Lobb is 4 possessions, 0.8 of a goal and 4 marks better per game whereas you'll get 13 HO from Meek and 6 from Lobb. Meek has an unknown ceiling ( I'll completely admit that I doubt it is much higher than Lobb's) while Lobb's output is known. If 'you can't see how it's a debate whatsoever' you must really like losing. Meek is the only one of the two that has the potential to make us better and we won't find that out unless he plays. Keeping Lobb in the team because you covet 4 more possessions and 0.8 of a goal a game is the equivalent of saying "I'd prefer to know I'm going to lose more than change something to try and win". Lobb is Z Clarke Mk II. He's great to have on a list as a bit of a stop gap when needed and he might pop up 2 or 3 times a season and do something good. We absolutely should no be delisting him and he has a place in the squad. Meek is into his 4th year, is growing into his body and we need to find out if there's something there. If Darcy were to go ( I don't think he will) we are royally rooted. That is definitely not up for debate. Meek needs a run at this season. Now is as good a time as any.
Yeah but contested marking. Even though everyone diasgrees with me I think Meek will surprise everyone and be a killer of a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back