Prediction Changes: Round 10 Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think we throw too many kids in the deep end going straight into afl, hence all the injuries they get, but we have to because we have no other decent players.
It’s a catch 22. Great to watch Chapman, but he is now missing a lot of development because of injury. We could have played Duman who was reasonable last season, and now is playing anyway.

Crazy to say this...... In 2019 Freo beat the swans 7.10.52 to 7.9.51 in Perth.

Last season Freo won 7.8.50 to the swans 2.7.19 in Perth stadium again.

Surely Freo won't win again a 3rd year in a row kicking 7 goals again.

It’s a catch 22. Great to watch Chapman, but he is now missing a lot of development because of injury. We could have played Duman who was reasonable last season, and now is playing anyway.
Duman should have been brought straight in for Chapman the moment he hurt his shoulder in the first few mins of that Eagles game.
For me that was the single worst in-game individual decision of the season so far. The kid was clearly in real pain. He is 18 years old. We had a medical sub with 40 odd games played sitting in the stands who plays in the exact same position.
Watching him struggle on for the game with the nonsense narrative about “bravery” etc was not right.
I still have flashbacks of that big oaf Josh Kennedy absolutely smashing into a clearly distressed Chapman early in the second half and leaving him in a crumpled heap before kicking a goal early in the second half. And he still played out the game!!
It wasn’t like he was Gary Ablett in the GF in his last ever game or anything. We invested valuable draft capital in Heath Chapman.
We will probably never know if he picked up further injury by playing on in that Eagles game. But it was a terrible look, compounded by the news he was out for the rest of the season a few days later.
If that was my son out there I’d be looking for some explanations about the decisions made from the club to keep him out there.

Duman should have been brought straight in for Chapman the moment he hurt his shoulder in the first few mins of that Eagles game.
For me that was the single worst in-game individual decision of the season so far. The kid was clearly in real pain. He is 18 years old. We had a medical sub with 40 odd games played sitting in the stands who plays in the exact same position.
Watching him struggle on for the game with the nonsense narrative about “bravery” etc was not right.
I still have flashbacks of that big oaf Josh Kennedy absolutely smashing into a clearly distressed Chapman early in the second half and leaving him in a crumpled heap before kicking a goal early in the second half. And he still played out the game!!
It wasn’t like he was Gary Ablett in the GF in his last ever game or anything. We invested valuable draft capital in Heath Chapman.
We will probably never know if he picked up further injury by playing on in that Eagles game. But it was a terrible look, compounded by the news he was out for the rest of the season a few days later.
If that was my son out there I’d be looking for some explanations about the decisions made from the club to keep him out there.

Cheers for your opinion but we aren't going to undo 26 years of tradition just cos you write something on the internet.

First-year players getting shoulder injuries on debut is a Freo Right of passage.

Cheers for your opinion but we aren't going to undo 26 years of tradition just cos you write something on the internet.

First-year players getting shoulder injuries on debut is a Freo Right of passage.
🤷‍♂️ It sounds like you agree with me then!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys better win this one otherwise this board will be ( quite understandably) unreadable for a while if wasn't already.

Plus we could be looking at 6 losses in a row if we don’t win this one. It’s gonna be brutal.

Hope I’m wrong but I can’t see us beating Sydney from what I’ve seen from them they are much harder in the clinches and with the rain thats coming thats where the footy will be.
Especially with the only guy that can stick a tackle not playing tonight.

Last edited:
This is going to be controversial but hell - what are discussion boards for!
Has Logan McDonald been a bit underwhelming so far? Started off very well and showed flashes in the first couple of rounds but hasn’t really played since I don’t think. Obviously going to be a long term prospect as a KPF and I guess with Buddy playing chances are limited.
From what I’ve seen he looks very much like a second tall who is a good lead up player with good smarts, as opposed to a pack crasher power KPF like Lynch or Buddy or Hawkins...

Still I’d have said at this stage that Mitch Georgiades had shown more at the same stage in his debut season for a stronger Port side.

This is going to be controversial but hell - what are discussion boards for!
Has Logan McDonald been a bit underwhelming so far? Started off very well and showed flashes in the first couple of rounds but hasn’t really played since I don’t think. Obviously going to be a long term prospect as a KPF and I guess with Buddy playing chances are limited.
From what I’ve seen he looks very much like a second tall who is a good lead up player with good smarts, as opposed to a pack crasher power KPF like Lynch or Buddy or Hawkins...

Still I’d have said at this stage that Mitch Georgiades had shown more at the same stage in his debut season for a stronger Port side.

I didn’t think Georgiades did much in his first season either.

I didn’t think Georgiades did much in his first season either.
Yeah maybe. I seem to remember watching Georgiades last year a couple of times and he was very impressive, got a rising star nomination too at one point. Very shrewd selection by Port that was.
Oscar Allen only played 2 games in his first year so I’m probably going way too early on Logan.

Couple of times at Subi we played pretty well in the wet.
Particularly Fyfe, he used to be a beast in the wet.
Kennedy too from Swans, he goes alright in the wet.
Think we might just be a bit too vanilla to beat Sydney.
Hope I'm wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back